TTC - Fate Reforged Spoilers

Discuss our latest podcast about Magic: The Gathering.
James
LRR Crew

TTC - Fate Reforged Spoilers

Postby James » 04 Jan 2015, 14:17

This week on TTC Graham, Kathleen and James discuss all things Fate Reforged.
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Re: TTC - Fate Reforged Spoilers

Postby Lord Hosk » 04 Jan 2015, 17:20

something you didn't notice or atleast graham and kathleen didnt bring up with Daghatar the Adamant "Move a +1/+1 counter from target creature onto a second target creature"

It doesn't say "creature you control" you can steal counters from your opponents creatures, or I guess put counters on them if you need them to be bigger for a Smite the Monstrous or something similar.

Also watching Kathleens whole body glaze over in a "who cares" stance with red cards and perk up with Blue Black was funny. My attitude to Blue is the same as her attitude to red, Blah blah blah nothing good on that card.
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
Psithief
First Video: Unknown

Postby Psithief » 04 Jan 2015, 17:20

This thread is a bit late.

So is that $30 Twilight Mire going into Graham's treefolk deck? I can't imagine anyone else has much use for it.

---
Rageform is a 2RR for a 2/2 with double strike that sometimes gets better.
2RR doesn't seem that great as a cost mainly because we've been spoiled in the past, e.g. Fabled Hero.
I sure enjoy watching LRR!

I wouldn't want to meet them though. I'm very allergic to cats and fun.
RedNightmare
First Video: The Job

Postby RedNightmare » 05 Jan 2015, 00:05

While watching I suddenly realized Frontier Siege is way better than I thought. Play it during you first main phase and you get the mana on the second main phase of that turn . That makes it net you 2 of it's mana back right away :D
"I wouldn't call myself an evil genius. Simply genius will suffice."

http://www.twitch.tv/rednightmare7

Greydir
First Video: How to talk like a Pirate

Postby Greydir » 05 Jan 2015, 07:58

I Think there was an Important mistake made:
If you manifest a card, you can only turn it face up if it is a Creature. It is not possible to flip a Land, like Kathleen said.
So there is some Drawback to manifest, because there might be important Landdrops or Spells lost to it.
"Now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds!" - Robert Oppenheimer quoting the Bhagavad Gita
Antitonic
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Antitonic » 05 Jan 2015, 11:36

I'd assume there'd be a card that would allow manifests of any kind to flip, so at the very least you wouldn't be stuck with them. Sure it's not an "unlimited" option like unmorphing, restricted to a card ability rather than inherent, but it'd be something. This is obviously baseless speculation.
Greydir
First Video: How to talk like a Pirate

Postby Greydir » 05 Jan 2015, 14:25

There is even a Ruling, that this is not the case:
A few older cards turn a face-down creature face up. If you manifest an instant or sorcery card, and one of these older cards tries to turn it face up, reveal the card and it stays on the battlefield face down.
So i think, the only way to get rid of manifested Lands/Spells/etc is to chump with them or get them killed, which is fine in a Graveyard matters deck, since i can get more value of them. First they are Dudes to block with, and than you can delve them, or even bring them back. Retrace spells could be great with manifest. Espescially if you know your Topmost card and can decide Beforehand if manifest would be a usefull Play. Courser of Kruphix comes in handy here as well.
"Now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds!" - Robert Oppenheimer quoting the Bhagavad Gita
Dandinstorm12
First Video: Sonic and the Black Knight Unskippable

Postby Dandinstorm12 » 07 Jan 2015, 14:30

Holy Jeskai, Batman! Turning lightning bolt into Helix is insane, Delver may start splashing white in Modern (not to mention Electrolyze and forked bolt etc.) the prowess guy is also super good, standard gets a blue Rabblemaster. and Hordechief looks scary good with Rabblemaster and Bloodsoaked Champ. As for the sieges: Remember the Gods in Theros? Remember how amazing Thassa was, partly because she cost 3? Monastery siege seems similarly unfair, you play it on turn 3 (triggering your prowess guys) and then it's card selection or Frost Titan's first ability, i.e. value town.
Dandinstorm12
First Video: Sonic and the Black Knight Unskippable

Postby Dandinstorm12 » 07 Jan 2015, 14:31

[quote="Dandinstorm12"]Holy Jeskai, Batman! Turning lightning bolt into Helix is insane, Delver may start splashing white in Modern (not to mention Electrolyze and forked bolt etc.) the prowess guy is also super good, standard gets a blue Rabblemaster. and Hordechief looks scary good with Rabblemaster and Bloodsoaked Champ. As for the sieges: Remember the Gods in Theros? Remember how amazing Thassa was, partly because she cost 3? Monastery siege seems similarly unfair, you play it on turn 3 (triggering your prowess guys) and then it's card selection or Frost Titan's first ability, i.e. value town. By "unfair" I mean better than the other colors.

Return to “TapTapConcede”