TTC 84 - Modern Masters 2015 Spoilers

Discuss our latest podcast about Magic: The Gathering.
Graham
Super Moderator

TTC 84 - Modern Masters 2015 Spoilers

Postby Graham » 06 May 2015, 21:39

A podcast do-over for the first batch of spoilers for MM2015, and we enjoy an older crack-a-pack.
BenMarc
First Video: Interrupt this Program

Re: TTC 84 - Modern Masters 2015 Spoilers

Postby BenMarc » 07 May 2015, 03:29

Prophecy is the set with the crystals symbol.

As I recall, the set symbol for Weatherlight is actually the Thran Tome, and important piece of the Legacy Weapon.

It's ironic that Kathleen predicted infect being in MM2015 while talking about Noble Hierarch, since the very same article that spoiled Hierarch also confirmed that infect didn't make it in. (Maro mentions it in the second paragraph after the Epic Struggle art.)

Lacerator is in because the black/red draft archetype is aggro.

Seriously, I'm thinking y'all need to read the articles on the official MtG website more often. They explain a lot of the stuff you guys are wondering about and hypothesizing over.

I don't know anything about the Seismic Swans deck, but I really hope it runs Dakmor Salvage and Creeping Renaissance for maximum lulz.

Uh, Serge? Hurkyl's Recall has never been anything but a rare, dude.

I have Profane Command in two of my EDH decks, and it has done so much work. Personally, I typically use it to kill a creature and take a healthy chunk of life out of my opponent. Sometimes I use the reanimate mode, but, of my two decks with Profane Command, one is a control deck without a whole lot of reanimation targets, and the other deck has so much reanimation (and Sheoldred as the commander) that I frequently have nothing worth reanimating when i cast Profane Command. So my results are skewed there. I have used the fear mode a couple times, though it was always only on one or two guys, to push through lethal when I didn't have enough mana to kill my intended target with the life loss outright.
Captain Technicality, away!!!
*makes whooshing noises with mouth*
MowDownJoe
First Video: Joystique

Postby MowDownJoe » 07 May 2015, 10:57

BenMarc wrote:Seriously, I'm thinking y'all need to read the articles on the official MtG website more often. They explain a lot of the stuff you guys are wondering about and hypothesizing over.

Yeah, they've been talking about the different draft archetypes in MM2015 there for quite a bit. R/U Elementals, G/B Token Sacrifice, W/B Spirits, U/W Metalcraft/Affinity/TMASB, some kind of G/X Eldrazi Ramp (likely G/R judging by Apocalypse Hydra), G/W Tokens (return of the Thallid Bowl?), R/B Bloodthirst Aggro... they haven't hit all the color pairs yet, but I imagine G/U is still the base for 5-color goodstuff going by the presence of all 10 Ravnica Karoos.
Last edited by MowDownJoe on 07 May 2015, 11:02, edited 1 time in total.
Victim of a Platinum Angel/Phage combo in Momir. Thanks, LRR!
JWiley129
First Video: Friday Nights

Postby JWiley129 » 07 May 2015, 11:01

From what I can tell, MowDownJoe has the right archetypes. The only ones that haven't been confirmed are R/W, U/G, or U/B.

And Hurkyl's Recall doesn't see a TON of play in Modern, but it seems more play in older formats where artifacts are king.
MowDownJoe
First Video: Joystique

Postby MowDownJoe » 08 May 2015, 07:40

Well, guessing by the full spoiler, R/W is Equipment and G/U is Graft/Proliferate. And U/B is... skies? Faerie tribal without any faerie tribal stuff?
Victim of a Platinum Angel/Phage combo in Momir. Thanks, LRR!
ElFuzzy
First Video: Star Ocean: The Last Hope

Postby ElFuzzy » 08 May 2015, 10:00

So the dream is: Pay into profane command to reanimate Iona, and dome them for 9. Remand.
mikeyjh
First Video: Friday Nights

Postby mikeyjh » 08 May 2015, 16:56

Thanks for the show.

Show the cards off to the side if fine. I like it. It works.

I now call this episode the clique/click episode.

Return to “TapTapConcede”