TTC 90 - Standard & MM2015 Streamer Event

Discuss our latest podcast about Magic: The Gathering.
Graham
Super Moderator

TTC 90 - Standard & MM2015 Streamer Event

Postby Graham » 13 Jun 2015, 16:00

This week on TTC we chat with Cam about his new standard brew and James and Graham discuss their adventures in the Modern Masters 2015 Streamer Challenge.
Gildan_Bladeborn
First Video: The Job

Re: TTC 90 - Standard & MM2015 Streamer Event

Postby Gildan_Bladeborn » 13 Jun 2015, 18:30

Oh man, I love licids. Well, not all of them, just one really: Tempting Licid, which is a Lure that you can use over and over again, unlike all the other cards that do the thing that you'd run Lure for. I run it in a commander deck with Engulfing Slagwurm - when the stars finally aligned and I drew both of them I just started laughing maniacally for like a solid minute.
VectorZero
First Video: Unskippable: Lost Planet

Postby VectorZero » 14 Jun 2015, 09:05

Bravo Paul for the card based puns in the last few episodes. The lower third is now ... The right quarter?
Yaxley
First Video: Lock Out

Postby Yaxley » 14 Jun 2015, 11:47

According to his website, Julian's last name is Knab. Hopefully you'll get to do a preview stream again and this will be relevant info.
susu.exp
First Video: FN - The Return

Postby susu.exp » 14 Jun 2015, 18:50

Yay for Cams deck. I haven't heard what's in it precisely, but Sultai controlish ramp into VW is what I've been brewing over for a while and I'm fully on board for that.

I'm not that hot for the Walkers, instead I'd consider Kruphix the god and Fascination (maybe even the prophet). Kruphix generates a lot of mana, can be touched by relatively few spells that see regular play and allows you to make use of all the cards you draw with Fascination, while your opponent will discard... Fascination for 10, then VW. Have milling open if you reduce the opponents library with VW. Also Frontier Siege, for 4 mana a turn, which with Kruphix on the battlefield means that you quickly get to vw for crazy (it also serves as an ablative enchantment in case your opponent has Dromokas command).
steric hindrance
First Video: Installation Anxiety 2010

Postby steric hindrance » 15 Jun 2015, 18:12

As for Cam's concern for the mana base, have you considered Yavimaya Coast/Llanowar Wastes and Urborg?

Other cards that might be good in a Sultai Control shell: Ashiok, Nightmare Weaver as a cheap threat that hoses Green Devotion strategies and presents an inexorable clock against control; Crux of Fate to deal with fast creature decks.
BenMarc
First Video: Interrupt this Program

Postby BenMarc » 15 Jun 2015, 22:35

Dominia is not Dominaria; Dominia is what they used to call the multiverse. (Why yes, it is rather confusing to have two different things with nearly identical names.) Dominia Prime is, I guess, another name for Dominaria.

No, Cam, Invasion was the beginning of the Phyrexian invasion. Planeshift was phase two, with the Rathi overlay, and Apocalypse was phase three, when Yawgmoth himself entered the fray. C'mon, man, I know I've discussed this on these forums before. I can't believe you haven't been paying absolutely perfect attention to my rantings on MtG lore. :P :wink:

Overabundance is just Manabarbs stapled to Mana Flare.

I know there are a lot of dorks who think that Japanese Magic cards are the bestest thing evar, but in actuality, German cards are where it's at. German has all the best words. Cranial Plating in German is Schädelverstärkung. Darksteel Citadel is Nachtstahl-Zitadelle. Destructor Dragon is Zerstörerdrache. Need I go on?
Captain Technicality, away!!!
*makes whooshing noises with mouth*
Jenelmo
First Video: Friday nights: Untap

Postby Jenelmo » 16 Jun 2015, 01:32

German has the best named magic cards
In german Myr superion is Übermyr and myr battlesphere is Myr-Kampfkugel
There must always be a Stark in the Moonbase
steric hindrance
First Video: Installation Anxiety 2010

Postby steric hindrance » 16 Jun 2015, 06:50

I'm sure it's been noted, but Athreos in German is also quite entertaining.

Return to “TapTapConcede”