W/U Aggro Heroic (HELP!)

A place to talk about standard, casual, limited and everything in between.
mbooma
First Video: Friday Nights - Untap

W/U Aggro Heroic (HELP!)

Postby mbooma » 06 Feb 2014, 11:49

So ive made this W/U heroic deck. And you get som MASSIVE swings. It is very easy to have lethal turn 4.... But i feel theres not enough creatures if i come against a removal heavy deck.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/azorius- ... ura-aggro/

Help me please :)
mbooma on lrrcraft.com :D

ElFuzzy
First Video: Star Ocean: The Last Hope

Re: W/U Aggro Heroic (HELP!)

Postby ElFuzzy » 06 Feb 2014, 12:00

Look up the event deck from theros and you might get some ideas. It was w/u aggro/control-ish thing.
mbooma

Postby mbooma » 06 Feb 2014, 12:22

will do :)

I like the idea of ascended lawmage. The hexproof takes away some of my concerns.

Del
First Video: Canadaman

Postby Del » 06 Feb 2014, 19:24

I think the new hero of iroas has a lot of potential for heroic decks, especially when you look at cheap auras like orders. Not quite sure what I want to do with him buildwise.
I walk the planes down in Ravnicaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
steric hindrance
First Video: Installation Anxiety 2010

Postby steric hindrance » 06 Feb 2014, 21:13

I would start with taking out the Auras (easy to get two-for-oned) and Glimpse the Sun God (doesn't help when you get behind) and replace them with Nimbus Naiad, Daring Skyjek, Lyev Skyknight, another Gods Willing, and Pacifism; possibly some Brave the Elements. That way, you have more creatures (an aggro deck wants a lot, like 24). Another Gods Willing (and Brave the Elements) ensures you can save your guys from removal and possibly send them in on an unblockable attack.

For the sideboard, I like Claustrophobia or Rapid Hybridization for creatures that are pro-white (e.g. Stormbreath Dragon), Revoke Existence (for dealing with Gods, Underworld Connections, and such), Banisher Priest, and Ascended Lawmage (I don't favor him in the main because I can get a 3-power flyer for cheaper, though against, say, Mono-Black, he's much better) over Mizzium Skin (Triton Tactics does a better job), the Elixir of Immortality (the antidote to mill is punch them in the face with your creatures), and Ethereal Armor.

If you want to spend some money building this deck, some improvements are Detention Sphere, Precinct Captain, Eidolon of Countless Battles, Hero of Iroas, and Brimaz, King of Oreskos; possibly Spirit of the Labyrinth for the sideboard against control matchups. Hope this helps.
mbooma

Postby mbooma » 07 Feb 2014, 00:55

Thanks for the tips. :)

I've got a rough idea for a white/blue prue aggro ov er the heroic. Best thing is ill be able to have both decks lol.

I have most of the cards you mentioned in 4 ofs.... except the BNG cards.

1x Brimaz (only have the one atm.)
2x Ephara, God of the Polis
4x Precinct Captain
4x Lyev Skyknight
4x Soldier of the Pantheon
4x Banisher Priest

2x Elspeth

3x Brave the elements
3x Spear of Heliod
2x Blind Obedience
3x Detention Sphere
4x Acolite's reward
3x Azorius Charm

4x Mutavault
4x Hallowed Fountain
4x Temple of Enlightenment
8x Plains
4x Islands

Thoughts Steric?

steric hindrance
First Video: Installation Anxiety 2010

Postby steric hindrance » 07 Feb 2014, 07:26

Looks pretty good. I would start off with the Banisher Priest in the sideboard and bring it in against less controlling matchups (all too often I've faced the scenario in which I exile their guy and swing, only to have them Doom Blade my Priest and eat another attacker); also, Blind Obedience seems a bit slow for the deck -- Imposing Sovereign from M14 has opposing creatures enter tapped and is an aggressive 2/1 to boot.
mbooma

Postby mbooma » 07 Feb 2014, 21:14

I took out 2 Banisher priest and 1 Skyknight and added in 3 Deputy of Acquittals. The card draw combo of Ephara, Elspeth and Deputy is pretty crazy.

Heres a link:
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/azorius- ... lp-please/

Return to “Magic: The Gathering”