Full-art Zendikar land - best place to get it?

A place to talk about standard, casual, limited and everything in between.

Do you like the Zendikar full-art land?

Yup
53%
Nope
5%
Like it but don't have any :(
37%
Like it so I went an acquired a set :D
5%

Total votes: 19
Rose_Nightshade
First Video: Door to Door

Full-art Zendikar land - best place to get it?

Postby Rose_Nightshade » 20 Apr 2014, 18:48

Just wondering what people's opinions/advice would be on the best places to find and buy Full art Zendikar land?

I really want it to bling out our cubes and/or use it for my land when going to drafts, however my boyfriend has serious concerns about me buying it online (that it will be fake and just printed on card stock or something) so I was wondering if anyone had recs on where to find legit but not INSANELY expensive sets of it???

There are only TWO card/comic shops within range of where me and the boyfriend live where I have seen it for sale, one place only had a few singles for $2(USD) each and the other had a full set (which I dunno if that means 20 land of each type or only 4 of each type, didn't ask because I didn't know what it was at the time I was there) for $100(USD. I live in central Florida for reference.

Anyone know if there's a general average on the price range for it? Is $2 per card good? Is $100 for a set good? I wouldn't mind if it was light-play or even well-played land, since it'll be sleeved and I just want it for the art, not the investment. So I'm not even looking for M/NM quality really.

Also I was wondering how the full-art land was initially available anyway? Was it through boosters, starter packs, fat packs, or randomized? I had heard it was through fat-pack only, but wasn't sure if that info was accurate.
Phosphatide
First Video: Three PS3s

Re: Full-art Zendikar land - best place to get it?

Postby Phosphatide » 20 Apr 2014, 20:00

The prices for the lands have been steadily dropping, and I believe they're about $0.75 per land (unless it's an Island, otherwise it's around $1.50) and getting them bulk makes it easier to assure you get those numbers per individual card. The value shouldn't change too drastically from dealer to dealer so if you can find one that's selling at around that price then you should be fine.

Also I believe Zendikar Fat Packs actually contain lands with the art in the normal half-sectioned frame, or at least that's what most of twitter seemed to say when BDM posted a picture of one of those lands, and the only way to get the full-art is to crack a booster.
Rose_Nightshade

Postby Rose_Nightshade » 20 Apr 2014, 21:01

I see... Good to know that it seems the prices are dropping! That's definitely good news for me since I'm looking into buying. :D From the other prices I've found around (mostly comparing online), the local store that has a set for $100 is seeming like my best option thus far for offline purchasing.
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 20 Apr 2014, 21:31

I like Unhindged lands. Image
but they are 5-10 bucks each.

Card Kingdom is a legit place to buy cars online and they have hundreds of zendicar lands in stock at .75 to 2.50 each. [url]http://www.cardkingdom.com/catalog/view/2826?filter[type]=land[/url]
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
Rose_Nightshade

Postby Rose_Nightshade » 21 Apr 2014, 08:13

Oh wow the unhinged lands are gorgeous! I think I have some of those lands in standard format but not extended art, the mountain and forest I instantly recognize. Funny enough I think that's the land I gave to my boyfriend because I didn't like that it says 'tap to add red to your mana pool' in the text box instead of just having the symbol of the mana type.

I checked out card kingdom's prices and if the set at my local store for $100 is indeed a full set of 100 total land cards it'd be a better deal, since I'd have to pay shipping on the card kingdom order.

Also checked out starcitygames.com and it's the same situation. It ends up being around $115-130 depending on card condition.

It seems so far I'm probably going to be at the mercy of local shops... And that $100 pack is looking better and better. I'm gonna have the boyfriend find out today if it is indeed a pack of 100 cards and thus a full playable set. If so, I may have to snatch it up soon!

Thanks for the info though! And those unhinged lands are so pretty :D
Rose_Nightshade

Postby Rose_Nightshade » 21 Apr 2014, 08:16

I wonder if they will release any new sets with full art land any time soon. I'd be so super stoked if they did. I'd probably end up buying a booster box because of it if they did. LOL.
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 21 Apr 2014, 13:19

R&D has hinted that there is another Un set in the works but nothing set in stone as to a release date. That will likely have some sort of special lands.

Although I suspect it might be either tiny art or no art just to flip it.

Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
Utilitarian
First Video: Checkpoint 01

Postby Utilitarian » 21 Apr 2014, 13:59

maybe I'm boring but I would totally play with no-art lands.

I feel like it would help me tap my mana correctly -_^

*edit* that said, I feel like full art lands help drive sales of un-sets, given that they're explicitly asking people to pay for cards that are not legal in any format.
Look at the cards. LOOK AT THE CARDS!
The Saga of Ballchannels: My Dwarf Fortress Let's Play
Rose_Nightshade

Postby Rose_Nightshade » 21 Apr 2014, 17:13

Lands with extremely little art or no art at all would be REALLY really weird, I think...

And I agree that the full art land would be a good selling point for an otherwise un-playable (legally) set. LOL They are fun to spice up casual play though.

I have a swamp from Unglued because back in the day I bought a booster, which the swamp is apparently worth like $5, I just found out, so that's something cool I just discovered. (I haven't looked through my old cards since like.... 1999 or 2000? I have some OLD stuff.)

Are there any other sets with full art other than unglued, unhinged, and zendikar?
phlip
First Video: Eternal Sonata (Unskippable)

Postby phlip » 21 Apr 2014, 17:30

Rose_Nightshade wrote:Oh wow the unhinged lands are gorgeous! I think I have some of those lands in standard format but not extended art, the mountain and forest I instantly recognize.

I don't think the Unhinged art has ever been printed in the normal land frame... The Forest is, though, very similar to a different John Avon forest which has been used a bunch of times. I don't know about the mountain...

Personally, I think the Unglued lands are pretty nice too, but I gather they're not everyone's favourite... the Unhinged ones are certainly more popular.
While no one overhear you quickly tell me not cow cow.
but how about watch phone?

[he/him/his]
Rose_Nightshade

Postby Rose_Nightshade » 21 Apr 2014, 17:46

Ah! Yeah that's the forest I was thinking of. It's very similiar. I have a couple of those. IDK what set they're from though offhand.

The mountain maybe is just the same artist but different art that's very similar, most likely. Since that was the case with the forest.
Jenelmo
First Video: Friday nights: Untap

Postby Jenelmo » 22 Apr 2014, 00:48

If you would like starcity sells A1 Size (33.1" x 23.4") version of the unhinged land (Among others) Click John Avon to see them
http://www.starcitygames.com/pages/lithographs/
There must always be a Stark in the Moonbase
Volafortis
First Video: I am a spam bot.

Postby Volafortis » 22 Apr 2014, 00:52

The mountain is probably just you recognizing John Avon's style, he's done a lot of similar mountains, in particular, this one:
Rose_Nightshade

Postby Rose_Nightshade » 22 Apr 2014, 04:41

Jenelmo wrote:If you would like starcity sells A1 Size (33.1" x 23.4") version of the unhinged land (Among others) Click John Avon to see them
http://www.starcitygames.com/pages/lithographs/

Oh wow those are super nice lithographs! Awesome place to know about for reference, thanks for the link! I particularly like the Rreturn to Ravnica lands, man those look cool....

Volafortis wrote:The mountain is probably just you recognizing John Avon's style, he's done a lot of similar mountains, in particular, this one:

Ah! Yup, you're right! I have that exact mountain card and several others like it that are very obviously by the same artist. I really like the art. Makes me think of Old Valyria from the Game of Thrones books for some reason.
Rose_Nightshade

Postby Rose_Nightshade » 27 Apr 2014, 19:44

So, update on my Zendikar Land musings.

Went to the comic shop near the boyfriend this weekend that had the Zendikar set of land for $100 and went for it, as it was indeed a full proper set of an equal number of all the lands and art.

I don't regret it in the least. Now I can play with my favorite land in all the drafts and have enough left over to frame a set. :D

Return to “Magic: The Gathering”