Kiki-Pod Edit

A place to talk about standard, casual, limited and everything in between.
JaceBelerenMindMage
First Video: Friday Nights: The Return

Kiki-Pod Edit

Postby JaceBelerenMindMage » 07 Sep 2014, 03:58

Ok, So I Have wanted to Play Kiki-Jiki Combo, Since i Ever Started Playing 4 Years ago, (back when it was Just Pestermite and Kiki) then Deciever was made, and i was Happy,

Then GP Richmond Happened
and I was SO Ecstatic to Read such an amazing Decklist, But i felt One thing was missing.

going 2=>3 with Persist at 2

So I found my Cantidate of Safehold Elite, But does anyone else have any Ideas?
Blue is the Best Color, Island is the Best Card.
other than Black Lotus, that's Broken.
tamaness
First Video: LRReview: Desert Bus

Re: Kiki-Pod Edit

Postby tamaness » 08 Sep 2014, 06:29

The reason you use Kitchen Finks and Murderous Redcap is that they have ETB triggers, and Kiki-pod doesn't need them, as Kiki-pod doesn't run Melira combo. You'd be better served running a Voice of Resurgence (especially because you can get tokens to pod into an important 1-drop) or Scavenging Ooze (scooze is really good at hosing Tarmogoyf) at the 2-slot.

(I play Melira Pod in Modern, and may convert the deck to Kiki-pod soon, as Melira combo is kinda bad in my local meta).
Volafortis
First Video: I am a spam bot.

Postby Volafortis » 08 Sep 2014, 10:29

Voice of Resurgence, Scavenging Ooze, and Wall of Roots all serve as your primary 2-drops to Pod up to 3. Voice of Resurgence has "persist" in the form of the elemental token. Safehold Elite is so bad without Pod, I'm not sure why you'd want it.

Also (and granted, my experience with Pod is Melira Pod, not Kiki-Pod), but you want your deck to be functional as a midrange deck when it isn't comboing off. The combo is almost an incidental play to win when you can (unless the clock is ticking, or it's your best out, then by all means, go for it)
tamaness
First Video: LRReview: Desert Bus

Postby tamaness » 08 Sep 2014, 16:19

Yeah, 4 pods, 4 chords and sometimes I don't draw one of either, so I've gotta play a pretty "meh" creature-based midrange deck featuring abrupt decay.

Return to “Magic: The Gathering”