Ajani asked you out! Do you go? If not, how to let him down?

A place to talk about standard, casual, limited and everything in between.
chaucer345
First Video: Unskippable

Ajani asked you out! Do you go? If not, how to let him down?

Postby chaucer345 » 20 Sep 2014, 16:22

So one day, Ajani Goldmane shows up on your doorstep with a bouquet of tournament playable Black Lotuses and tell you that you seem incredible. He then asks you out on a romantic date of your choice (assume if you are seeing someone he is poly-amorous, respects your relationship and asked both of you out).

Do you accept? If not, how do you let him down gently?
Last edited by chaucer345 on 20 Sep 2014, 18:12, edited 1 time in total.
ElFuzzy
First Video: Star Ocean: The Last Hope

Re: Ajani asked you out! Do you go? If not, how to let him d

Postby ElFuzzy » 20 Sep 2014, 17:54

Send him the bloodied cloak of Elspeth with the words, "No thanks" written in Leonin blood.
chaucer345

Postby chaucer345 » 20 Sep 2014, 18:09

ElFuzzy wrote:Send him the bloodied cloak of Elspeth with the words, "No thanks" written in Leonin blood.

Dude, that's cold.
JackSlack
First Video: ENN, but I forget which.

Postby JackSlack » 20 Sep 2014, 18:45

Yes, go out and accept the black lotuses, but when we get to the steakhouse he will inevitably choose (he's a LION) say, "Oh, I'm vegetarian." It'll get awkward and then you'll say goodbye and promise to call but you don't call.

Score: Black lotuses.
chaucer345

Postby chaucer345 » 20 Sep 2014, 19:18

JackSlack wrote:Yes, go out and accept the black lotuses, but when we get to the steakhouse he will inevitably choose (he's a LION) say, "Oh, I'm vegetarian." It'll get awkward and then you'll say goodbye and promise to call but you don't call.

Score: Black lotuses.

A well thought out and admirable plan, but you did fudge the rule slightly as it's a romantic date of your choosing. Though I suppose going to a nice vegan place would have the same effect.
My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 21 Sep 2014, 08:21

Sorry dude, don't really swing that way.

You wanna come in for a drink or something? It's kinda awkward you just standing on the porch.
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
Prospero101
First Video: Feed Dump: Soldiers of Fortune

Postby Prospero101 » 22 Sep 2014, 06:00

I can only answer the door if Liliana lets me off the chain, and I don't think I've been enough of a good boy for her to do that.
It's all over but the crying. And the taxes.

"Perfectionism might look good in his shiny shoes, but he's kind of an asshole and no one invites him to their pool parties."
Utilitarian
First Video: Checkpoint 01

Postby Utilitarian » 22 Sep 2014, 07:44

Sorry bro, but I'm already in a committed relationship with Kiora and.... LOOK OUT, GARRUK!

*the rest of the film becomes a Terminator 2 style film as we slowly become friends while evading and eventually defeating Garruk. In the end I help him hook up with Gideon*
Look at the cards. LOOK AT THE CARDS!
The Saga of Ballchannels: My Dwarf Fortress Let's Play
chaucer345

Postby chaucer345 » 22 Sep 2014, 15:49

Utilitarian wrote:Sorry bro, but I'm already in a committed relationship with Kiora and.... LOOK OUT, GARRUK!

*the rest of the film becomes a Terminator 2 style film as we slowly become friends while evading and eventually defeating Garruk. In the end I help him hook up with Gideon*

That relationship would be adorable... Though Gideon was kind of a jerk to Chandra.
Tinfish
First Video: Krogslist

Postby Tinfish » 22 Sep 2014, 18:10

chaucer345 wrote:
Utilitarian wrote:Sorry bro, but I'm already in a committed relationship with Kiora and.... LOOK OUT, GARRUK!

That relationship would be adorable... Though Gideon was kind of a jerk to Chandra.

Chandra is a criminal pyromaniac arsonist with oppositional defiant disorder, and Gideon is basically a cop. Their relationship isn't going to be cozy.

Personally, I'd have to let him down. "Sorry dude, I don't swing that way." He is a giant fuzzy kitty, which is a point in his favour, but he's also a male giant fuzzy kitty, which is kind of a deal-breaker for me.

Did you know that male cats have backwards-facing barbs on their penises, to rake the female cats' vaginal wall and stimulate ovulation? Nature is horrible.
It's fish in a tin!
Utilitarian
First Video: Checkpoint 01

Postby Utilitarian » 22 Sep 2014, 18:46

Tinfish wrote:
Chandra is a criminal pyromaniac arsonist with oppositional defiant disorder, and Gideon is basically a cop. Their relationship isn't going to be cozy.

Personally, I'd have to let him down. "Sorry dude, I don't swing that way." He is a giant fuzzy kitty, which is a point in his favour, but he's also a male giant fuzzy kitty, which is kind of a deal-breaker for me.

Did you know that male cats have backwards-facing barbs on their penises, to rake the female cats' vaginal wall and stimulate ovulation? Nature is horrible.

For the sake of my sanity I'm going to assume that, just as cats don't also have humanish torsos and magic, Leonin ALSO differ from normal cats in this respect.
Look at the cards. LOOK AT THE CARDS!
The Saga of Ballchannels: My Dwarf Fortress Let's Play

Return to “Magic: The Gathering”