Loading Ready Sealed League

A place to talk about standard, casual, limited and everything in between.
Maddrius
First Video: Strip Search

Re: Loading Ready Sealed League

Postby Maddrius » 11 Feb 2015, 17:05

+1 for playing an 8 match/week "season", then adding packs. That sounds good without getting too expensive, but will also be cool watching the leaderboard evolve over time. (Presumably with a reset at the end of each season?)
Atifexe
First Video: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/v

Postby Atifexe » 11 Feb 2015, 17:19

Hmm... Could there be some sort of trading system incorporated? Perhaps not in the first season, but after the second or third, add the option of doing a single 1 for 1 trade with your assigned opponent each week?
Puls3evo
First Video: Fun with Microwaves

Postby Puls3evo » 12 Feb 2015, 09:14

This may just be my aversion to Standard, or my not having a go-to deck in any format other than EDH, but I feel like going 8 weeks with the same limited pool might get stale by the end without a way to mix it up, like a trading system or something. Adding this also might mitigate the low chance of opening a low-power (relative to the league I guess) sealed pool. I wish upon no one opening 6 packs and getting 2-3 color rares in all six packs that are different clans.

I would offer that we do this after a certain point, like mid-season or later. This is just my thoughts, however, and doesn't affect my excitement for the league. I already have my sealed pool bought and ready to crack.
Puls3evo on almost everything.
Current MTG Decks: EDH Aurelia's Combat Training
Puls3evo

Postby Puls3evo » 12 Feb 2015, 09:22

PSA: The FRF Sealed Event Packs are not accepted by the Sealed queues for some reason. The only options are 26 tix or an employee ticket.
Puls3evo on almost everything.
Current MTG Decks: EDH Aurelia's Combat Training
DomesticSleepers
First Video: Unskippable: Lost Planet

Postby DomesticSleepers » 12 Feb 2015, 11:42

I tend to agree with the desire to have some method of mixing up our pool, either by adding new packs or by trading, but I also feel like we can safely begin the league without having worked out the details beforehand.
DomesticSleepers or Sjlangenegger on most anyplace I go.
DomesticSleepers
First Video: Unskippable: Lost Planet

Postby DomesticSleepers » 12 Feb 2015, 12:01

I've been sitting in a sealed release queue for some 20 minutes now, without any other joiners, which leads me to believe it may be a bit difficult to fire one at this time of day. Any interest in setting a time to do a sealed queue with more than just one LRR fan?
DomesticSleepers or Sjlangenegger on most anyplace I go.
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 12 Feb 2015, 13:30

I would if I had time and felt better. :|
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Dix
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Dix » 12 Feb 2015, 18:12

Soooooooooooooo In.
Desert Bus 1,2,3,4,5,6,and 9 Chat mod
Desert Bus 007 and 8 Onsite Chat Mod
Mogling
First Video: Feed Dump

Postby Mogling » 12 Feb 2015, 18:19

I would love to get in on this :)
blackwlf
First Video: Desert Bus

Postby blackwlf » 12 Feb 2015, 18:21

100% in for this. So much free time since I started stress leave a week ago.
Atifexe

Postby Atifexe » 12 Feb 2015, 18:27

A quick scan of the thread suggests 12 interested parties, although I'm still uncertain as to whether or not I will be able to acquire the necessary product. How will the league be adapted, if at all, if there are more than eight people who want to play?
PhageLight
First Video: Loading Ready Rumble 1

Postby PhageLight » 12 Feb 2015, 19:19

Very much into this. Whenever the event starts would I post the picture of my pool in this thread? Or will there be a separate one for bookkeeping/deck verification?
korvys
First Video: Zero Punctuation: X-Blades/Halo Wars

Postby korvys » 12 Feb 2015, 19:29

I am very interested in this, but feel like it might be difficult to find time to play my games, owing to work and timezone. I guess I'll put my name in as well though.
"Why does Sonic chill like dawgs?" - Graham
"Causation. Still a leading cause of correlation"" - Oglaf

Google+ / Twitter / Mastodon
keybase.io
Omega Lairon

Postby Omega Lairon » 12 Feb 2015, 20:45

Sure, this seems like a thing I can get into.

Also, I gotta remember to start/keep checking this part of the forums

ert+
y76p; 'Olu8jykee;u4p;e'/Rh
Strong ba15456`-------++++++gf
+++++-//==========/*8901ikg
Steelfraud
First Video: No Idea

Postby Steelfraud » 13 Feb 2015, 04:41

I would also be interested in this, and also my first post here, so hurray for that :) . Also my magic online name is Battlesong333 .
Last edited by Steelfraud on 14 Feb 2015, 09:41, edited 1 time in total.
Wooglie

Postby Wooglie » 13 Feb 2015, 06:52

I'd be interested in this as well.
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 13 Feb 2015, 07:13

OK so unless there is an objection here is my current plan you have until Sunday to post objections.

I will pimp the Sealed league through Saturdays fan draft.

Sunday the 15th I will post pairings.

You will have until Sunday 22nd at midnight EST to post your results.

Rules

1. You must post your MTGO name here in the forum.

2. Take a screenshot of either your sealed pool from a Release Sealed 3KTK 3XFRF (the preferred method)
2a. Alternate Crack 3 packs of Fate together then 3 packs of Kahns together and screenshot the "New Product" windows that appear.

3.You may either post your card pool screenshot in the thread this will serve as deck registration.

4. Build a 40 card deck with all your cards and add all other cards and as many of each basic land as you might need to your sideboard, this will allow you to side into any other deck mid match.
4a. You do not have to post your deck(I would recommend not)

5. Wait for the weeks pairings to be posted then arrange with your pair to play your match best two out of three games.

6. One or both of you post your results Please post your results in Greenor yellow so they are easy to pick out in a quick scan. Results should be posted like this:

Forum name (Mtgo name) # / # Forum name (Mtgo name)

The league season will last for 8 rounds I will update the first page each week with pairings and score.

When we reach the end of the season, I will declare "SEASON WINNERS" the two people with the best score.

Rules Season 2..3..4

1. At the start of season two you may crack two addition packs screen shot the "new product added" You may choose any packs currently in standard at the start of the season.

2. Post the screenshot of the cracked packs here for registration.

3. Rebuild your deck, add the additional cards to your sideboard and or deck.

4. Play just as season one with new pairings posted Sunday.

At the end of Season 4 we will have a "season winner" tournament for a league champion.

We will then reset to a new 6 pack pool. (unless people want to do fewer seasons)

General rules:
You are responsible for maintaining your deck, if you trade away cards in the deck you will have to continue the league without those cards or rebuy them you may not substitute a different card.

If neither you or your opponent post a score by Sunday at midnight EST you will each be awarded 3 draws so dont leave it to "oh the other person said they would post it I beat them 2-0." I am willing to take on administration for this, im not going to hunt you all down.

If someone has a deck you feel is too good, screenshot the match with cards in question visible. I wont take "there is no way its that good" or "there is no way they had two 'hunt the weak' off the top, but if you have a screenshot of someone with 4 of a card in play or playing with 4 different rares from one set or other card add cheating I will boot them from the league. There are print runs in MTGO packs just like in paper and if I have to I will check someones deck/list to see if the cards follow it, please dont make me thats a lot of work.
Last edited by Lord Hosk on 16 Feb 2015, 10:02, edited 1 time in total.
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
Wooglie

Postby Wooglie » 13 Feb 2015, 07:35

Cool thanks for sorting this Hosk.
Is there a set time limit for the freeform match?
Atifexe

Postby Atifexe » 13 Feb 2015, 08:14

Ah, starting that soon? I will not be able to participate in this season, then. I suppose that means my next opportunity to join in will be in about eight months, if my math is right.
hascow
First Video: Clubbing Your Friends

Postby hascow » 13 Feb 2015, 09:00

We should be consistent and either have everyone post their pool in-thread or have everyone message you with it. I think if we're consistent it gets rid of any advantage/disadvantage that not being consistent might cause.
Lord Hosk

Postby Lord Hosk » 13 Feb 2015, 09:18

Im not trying to dictate what can and can not happen I am simply trying to get things organized so it can actually happen. If anyone has any issues with rules or procedures please feel free to offer alternatives.

Wooglie wrote:Cool thanks for sorting this Hosk.
Is there a set time limit for the freeform match?

I have not heard anyone say anything. Is that something people want?

Atifexe wrote:Ah, starting that soon? I will not be able to participate in this season, then. I suppose that means my next opportunity to join in will be in about eight months, if my math is right.

I would be happy to delay it, when would you like to start?

hascow wrote:We should be consistent and either have everyone post their pool in-thread or have everyone message you with it. I think if we're consistent it gets rid of any advantage/disadvantage that not being consistent might cause.

I hadn't considered it being that big of a deal are there any other opinions on the matter?
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
blackwlf

Postby blackwlf » 13 Feb 2015, 11:00

I'm not big on time limits, personally. Losing a game because you don't make decisions quite as quickly as the other person is annoying.

As far as posting or pming the pool, I was planning to pm it myself. I don't see it being a problem giving people the option though. If someone doesn't care if it's posted, then they should feel free.

Posting would mean less administration in the case of questions about pool contents, but it would also mean the opponent would have a pretty good idea of what is in your deck, once they know your colors.
Under_Score
First Video: Unskippable Pilot

Postby Under_Score » 13 Feb 2015, 11:43

I'm okay with no time limits. This is all friendlies anyways. I'm sure we could also put matches on hold after a game if something comes up for someone and continue the next day. I feel like we can be flexible with this since we're scheduling our own matches anyways.

As for posting pools, without a real group of non-participating TOs, I feel it would be best for everyone to post their pools in public. Yeah, maybe it gives our opponents more of an advantage than we'd like, but its the best way to self-police the matches.

Also, I know this is all for the fun of playing with each other, but any thoughts on prizes? Like... everyone throws in a pack or a couple tickets to a prize pool which is divided among the top few finishers? I'll participate regardless, but it can be nice to have a little incentive to do well. And even as little as a single ticket from each person could make for a decent prize without much additional cost to the individual participants.
-Under Underscore Score (or just Underscore for short)
hascow
First Video: Clubbing Your Friends

Postby hascow » 13 Feb 2015, 12:07

Are we able to do no time limits on MTGO? I know you can change the time limits, but the most I've seen is 60 minutes apiece(which, to be fair, is a LOT more than we're likely to need).
Lord Hosk

Postby Lord Hosk » 13 Feb 2015, 12:34

You can set the clock to 60 minutes per player which seems way more than generous.

I have no problem with people playing their match over a few days just as long as it is all finished within a the designated week.

I don't like the idea of prizes just because I like to discourage spikey behavior in fan events, it never ceases to amaze me how upset people will get at first or second place when the prize pool difference is 1 pack.

[–]Graham_LRR

Return to “Magic: The Gathering”