Loading Ready Sealed League

A place to talk about standard, casual, limited and everything in between.
SaloAbraxas
First Video: I cannot remember. Sorry!

Re: Loading Ready Sealed League

Postby SaloAbraxas » 18 Feb 2016, 09:19

I feel like I could have beaten a regular Chandra, but the foil Chandra was just too much for me.
Atifexe
First Video: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/v

Postby Atifexe » 18 Feb 2016, 09:22

Game one was an example of what happens with my deck if I'm drawing the right creatures at the right time, but don't quite have the mana to back it up early on. Had I been able to drop a couple more creatures a turn or two earlier, who knows, it might have gone another way. As it was, even Desolator Twin didn't carry the day.
Game two, on the other hand... well, it didn't matter much what I did. Getting rolled in under five minutes was actually downright impressive.
KeiranLC
First Video: unskippable

Postby KeiranLC » 19 Feb 2016, 10:57

Omega Lairon wrote:KeiranLC [0 - 2] Omega Lairon

We also had a "just for fun round" afterwards. These games proved even more challenging than the official round, as my opponent's deck seemed to have found a much more brutal edge to it after the edits. Very spicy.

My first round opponent will tell you that the same happened when we played last week too. Good stuff in my deck, I'm just having trouble making it happen in the games where it counts. :p
Randus2003
First Video: the couch

Postby Randus2003 » 21 Feb 2016, 12:26

scores at end of round 2:

(2-0-0) abanytar
(1-1-0) AdmiralMemo
(0-2-0) Atifexe
(1-1-0) Auserker
(2-0-0) DeathNDecay
(1-1-0) Hacofo
(0-2-0) KeiranLC
(1-1-0) Omega Lairon
(2-0-0) Randus2003
(0-2-0) SaloAbraxas

round 3 of 8 pairings:

abanytar vs Randus2003
DeathNDecay vs Auserker
KeiranLC vs SaloAbraxas
Atifexe vs Hacofo

This weeks Main Event, courtesy of the new "Sidewalk Slam" podcast, is a fight for LRL Chat MOD supremacy. Who will come out on top of the grueling slug feast? Tune in (odds are 1 or both will be streaming it) to find out.

AdmiralMemo vs Omega Lairon
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 22 Feb 2016, 03:29

Randus2003 wrote:This weeks Main Event, courtesy of the new "Sidewalk Slam" podcast, is a fight for LRL Chat MOD supremacy. Who will come out on top of the grueling slug feast? Tune in (odds are 1 or both will be streaming it) to find out.

AdmiralMemo vs Omega Lairon
Thursday! Thursday! Thursday! 7 PM (Moonbase time)! At the Twitch Dome!
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

hacofo
First Video: DB5 Stream

Postby hacofo » 22 Feb 2016, 12:02

HaCoFo [0 - 2] Atifexe

Two very fun games, with a less fun outcome for me.
Lesson of the day, I dislike unblockable with ingest. ^^
Atifexe

Postby Atifexe » 22 Feb 2016, 12:07

Game one was a bit of a grind, but ultimately it proved impossible to deal with the combined forces of Mindmelter, Benthic Infiltrator, and Essence Depleter - and as if to foreshadow future events, Bane of Bala Ged appeared on the last turn. Hacofo's defense was well thought out and I think would have been my downfall had those Expedition Raptors come down a couple turns earlier.

Game two was brutally one-sided. Hacofo got mauled by the shuffler, winding up unable to get enough land in time. Though I was greedy with the 2-land hand I kept, I got rewarded pretty heavily, drawing into Fathom Feeder on turn 2, a land on turn 3, and ultimately accumulating creatures and mana at a pretty even pace until I was able to drop Bane of Bala Ged. Hacofo was stuck one mana short of ideal and with only two creatures on board, and quite reasonably opted to concede rather than play out what would ensue.

Thank you for the games, Hacofo, and best of luck in the next round!
Randus2003

Postby Randus2003 » 22 Feb 2016, 17:53

abanytar 1/2 Randus2003

ggs
- game 1 was 1 sided then I slammed Chandra.
- game 2 was bad keeps all around there's was slightly better.
- game 3 was the closest by far despite the fact they mulled to 5, but my 1 flier was enough to stall for NewUamog to steal me the game.
abanytar
First Video: Man Cooking: Meatshroom

Postby abanytar » 22 Feb 2016, 18:31

Randus2003 wrote:abanytar 1/2 Randus2003

ggs
- game 1 was 1 sided then I slammed Chandra.
- game 2 was bad keeps all around there's was slightly better.
- game 3 was the closest by far despite the fact they mulled to 5, but my 1 flier was enough to stall for NewUamog to steal me the game.

*shakes fist impotently* PILGRIM'S EYE!!!

GGs, friend.
SaloAbraxas
First Video: I cannot remember. Sorry!

Postby SaloAbraxas » 25 Feb 2016, 20:00

KeiranLC 1-2 SaloAbraxas

Emeria Shepherd was the all-star of that match. Must have brought back at least half a dozen creatures over the course of the match.

Though I'm pretty amazed I pulled through in game 3 after I got completely wrecked on turn 5, but I think that's Keiran's story to tell if they want to.
KeiranLC

Postby KeiranLC » 26 Feb 2016, 08:03

SaloAbraxas wrote:KeiranLC 1-2 SaloAbraxas

Emeria Shepherd was the all-star of that match. Must have brought back at least half a dozen creatures over the course of the match.

Though I'm pretty amazed I pulled through in game 3 after I got completely wrecked on turn 5, but I think that's Keiran's story to tell if they want to.

Two things factored into my game 3 loss. One, I have difficulty picking the optimal time to cast cards with flash; I actually could have blocked your Drana on that fatal last turn. And two, I got a bit overwhelmed trying to figure out how to manage both your Drana and your Emeria shepherd.
Auserker
First Video: Friday Nights - Untap

Postby Auserker » 27 Feb 2016, 14:53

DeathNDecay 0 - 2 Auserker
Two good games, DeathNDecay got off to strong starts both games, however I was able to get Retreat to Emeria online both games and my deck allowed me to assemble an army from that point on.
Omega Lairon
First Video: Fun with Microwaves

Postby Omega Lairon » 27 Feb 2016, 16:53

AdmiralMemo [0 - 2] Omega Lairon

I recommend checking out a comprehensive blow-by-blow replay of this match via AdmiralMemo's twitch channel. For a quick TL;DR though, G1 was nice and steady for the most part, each side building out and taking potshots. Akoum Firebird made its presence felt... for both sides actually, once it was afflicted with some utterly brutal visions. With ground support though, I was able to play through the pain and scratch out a victory.

G2 wasn't quite as explosive... my allies filed out in neat rows while Memo sadly got a little stuck on mana. Regardless, he still had a fair supply of nasty defenders which put in some serious work each. It was only really through the (frankly, kind of busted) combo of Resolute Blademaster and Makindi Patrol that I was able to make a final charge...

...and then my generals keeled over dead from a sudden heart attack, and the day was lost. (which is to say, we decided on a 3rd "just for fun" game)

To end festivities, I tried to get clever and side in some green dudes (Tajuru Pathwarden and Joraga Auxiliary), but neither decided to show up. Eventually, it was a fun theory, but not entirely necessary, as the Blademaster/Patrol combo made a triumphant return to run ham over the Eldrazi aggressors.

Once again though, you'll get a much better view of the action with the official video on Memo's twitch channel.

ert+
y76p; 'Olu8jykee;u4p;e'/Rh
Strong ba15456`-------++++++gf
+++++-//==========/*8901ikg
Randus2003

Postby Randus2003 » 28 Feb 2016, 17:51

scores at end of round 3:

(2-1-0) abanytar
(1-2-0) AdmiralMemo
(1-2-0) Atifexe
(2-1-0) Auserker
(2-1-0) DeathNDecay
(1-2-0) Hacofo
(0-3-0) KeiranLC
(2-1-0) Omega Lairon
(3-0-0) Randus2003
(1-2-0) SaloAbraxas

round 4 of 8 pairings:

Randus2003 vs Omega Lairon
abanytar vs Auserker
DeathNDecay vs AdmiralMemo
KeiranLC vs Hacofo
Atifexe vs SaloAbraxas
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 29 Feb 2016, 15:48

AdmiralMemo 0 - 2 DeathNDecay

Neither one was really a "game" per se.

Game 1 was me stomping the life out of DathNDecay until he stabilized at 7. Then, just after he stabilized, I made two mistakes in a row. That ended up ruining my board presence and I got crushed.

Game 2 was just me in my search for Mountains, and not getting any until it was too late.

We played some casual games afterwards, and those were MUCH more interesting, at least.
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Randus2003

Postby Randus2003 » 29 Feb 2016, 19:20

Randus2003 2-0 Omega Lairon

I must say this weeks games weren't fair or fun (and I'm sure there is a strongly worded letter heading Worth's way)....see below

game 1 - he played the mono-white half of his ally deck and I slowly took the upper hand for the win with my colorless scourge.
game 2 - he played 2 mountains, and not much else :(

I wish you better draws next week Lairon b/c after those games anyone would be kinda ticked.
Omega Lairon
First Video: Fun with Microwaves

Postby Omega Lairon » 29 Feb 2016, 23:21

Upon reflection, some of what I said during the match might have come off as unreasonably hostile. I apologise for this, and hope that no undue stress or offense was caused. I had some bad luck, and that sucks but it really wasn't worth getting all upset over at the time, and certainly none of it should have been directed at you personally.

What's more, I let *myself* down. I gave in to frustration when I should have been able to keep a cool head. It's something I've been working on, and until today I thought I'd been making great progress... but it seems I still have a long way to go.

In any case, I apologise again for my actions during the match, and if it's at all feasible (and assuming I haven't earned an entirely justified permanent spot on your MTGO ignore list), I would appreciate another chance to have a *proper* friendly match at some time in the future.

ert+
y76p; 'Olu8jykee;u4p;e'/Rh
Strong ba15456`-------++++++gf
+++++-//==========/*8901ikg
Randus2003

Postby Randus2003 » 01 Mar 2016, 06:50

Not a problem, we've all been there. If your opponent (in this case me) is routing for you to draw some sort of land, so that they aren't just showing off how well the can gold fish you have ever right to be angry (side note I never take mtgo anger personally manly for the reasons you listed). As to playing a fun game or 4 I'm normally online a couple nights a week while LRR streams doing silly things in flashback drafts feel free to drop me a line and we can have some fun.
Atifexe

Postby Atifexe » 03 Mar 2016, 20:18

Atifexe 0-2 SaloAbraxas

Note to self: Unblockable < Flying in many situations.

Game one saw Drana leading an airborne horde directly over my slippery stealthy Eldrazi to strike at my heart with unrelenting determination.

Game two saw me struggling to make ends meet when the mana bill came due. On the flip side, I'm told my opponent kept a one-land hand containing only a white source, only to draw two consecutive black sources and drop a turn 3 Drana. I managed to Sweep Away the vampire, but failed to see the line that would have allowed my Salvage Drone to ingest this ultimately fatal foe.

All in all, not the best showing for my deck, but I still had fun, and that's the important part.
Auserker
First Video: Friday Nights - Untap

Postby Auserker » 04 Mar 2016, 14:51

abanytar 2-0 Auserker

Good games, Allies + Cohort + Flying + Lifegain = WIN.
Game one, the continual life drain and lifelink synergy won out in the end.
Game two, all my flying creatures, and other creatures in general decided to go on holidays.
abanytar
First Video: Man Cooking: Meatshroom

Postby abanytar » 04 Mar 2016, 17:37

Auserker wrote:abanytar 2-0 Auserker

Good games, Allies + Cohort + Flying + Lifegain = WIN.
Game one, the continual life drain and lifelink synergy won out in the end.
Game two, all my flying creatures, and other creatures in general decided to go on holidays.

GGs, friend!

I want the record to show, however, that I came very close to losing game 1. Auserker had a very real chance of winning if I had missed on my top deck. And my hat's off to the flickering angel combo. It was a thing of beauty.
KeiranLC

Postby KeiranLC » 05 Mar 2016, 08:48

KeiranLC 2-0 hacofo

Game one was very close in the early and middle stages. We went play for play for a few turns and it looked like I would lose to their fliers. A timely Transgress the Mind, though, showed me what I needed to play around for long enough that I was able to close things out.

Game two started with a mana hiccup on hacofo's part and that combined with some rough draws on their part was enough for me to keep my opponent behind on tempo plays for the rest of the game.

Good games, and if a couple of draws went differently on each side I feel like it could have been a very different outcome.
Randus2003

Postby Randus2003 » 06 Mar 2016, 12:41

scores at end of round 4:

(3-1-0) abanytar
(1-3-0) AdmiralMemo
(1-3-0) Atifexe
(2-2-0) Auserker
(3-1-0) DeathNDecay
(1-3-0) Hacofo
(1-3-0) KeiranLC
(2-2-0) Omega Lairon
(4-0-0) Randus2003
(2-2-0) SaloAbraxas

round 5 of 8 pairings:

Randus2003 vs DeathNDecay
Atifexe vs AdmiralMemo
SaloAbraxas vs abanytar
KeiranLC vs Auserker
Hacofo vs Omega Lairon
Last edited by Randus2003 on 06 Mar 2016, 20:47, edited 1 time in total.
DeathNDecay
First Video: I dont remember

Postby DeathNDecay » 06 Mar 2016, 20:41

DeathNDecay 2 - 0 Randus2003

Game One: Worth decided to taunt Randus as i finally pull off my Noyan Dar/ Planar outburst combo to wipe the board and leave behind a 14/14 plains.

Game Two: Worth doubles down and leaves Randus mana dry
Randus2003

Postby Randus2003 » 06 Mar 2016, 20:50

DeathNDecay wrote:DeathNDecay 2 - 0 Randus2003

Game One: Worth decided to taunt Randus as i finally pull off my Noyan Dar/ Planar outburst combo to wipe the board and leave behind a 14/14 plains.

Game Two: Worth doubles down and leaves Randus mana dry

The worst part about the game 1 taunts: I was on 9 mana (3 being creatures) with Ulamog in hand and a land as my next draw. Granted this was to be expected given the luck I've had thus far this season.

Return to “Magic: The Gathering”