Loading Ready Sealed League

A place to talk about standard, casual, limited and everything in between.
Antitonic
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Re: Loading Ready Sealed League

Postby Antitonic » 03 May 2016, 09:35

It's all good. Hopefully I did a reasonable summary, I'm already super-hazy on the details. Who knew reduced sleep and a long work day affect memory? :P
SaloAbraxas
First Video: I cannot remember. Sorry!

Postby SaloAbraxas » 06 May 2016, 08:03

SaloAbraxas [2-0] KeiranLC

Game 1 I was able to stabilize after a fast start from KeiranLC. Then I spent 18 turns rummaging through every land in my library until I managed to find a win.

We then paused to watch LRR pull off a victory with their mono-hat singleton brew in CSL, and to reset our dangerously low clocks. (In the future, if anyone wants to set up matches with longer times, I'm very much up for that.)

Game 2 I was able to carry the day with a lot of removal and tiny creatures pecking in.

Glad to see the deck can carry a match. I think it's the most ridiculous thing I've brought to one of these leagues and so much fun when it goes off.
zarbit
First Video: CHustle - Resolved

Postby zarbit » 06 May 2016, 21:39

abanytar 1-0 zarbit

I concede the match, as we scheduled a day to play then I went out of town like a disrespectful jerk. Sorry for making you miss a match abanytar, hopefully we can get one in for fun later in the season. :?
Randus2003
First Video: the couch

Postby Randus2003 » 07 May 2016, 09:13

Randus2003 0-2 Atifexe

was on the back foot both games to there air assault hanging on long enough to not quite find my outs.

ggs
Randus2003

Postby Randus2003 » 08 May 2016, 11:33

scores at end of round 2:

(1-1-0) abanytar
(2-0-0) AdmiralMemo
(1-0-1) AliceK52
(0-2-0) Antitonic
(2-0-0) Atifexe
(1-0-1) Auserker
(2-0-0) DeathNDecay
(1-1-0) Hacofo
(0-2-0) KeiranLC
(1-1-0) Omega Lairon
(1-1-0) Randus2003
(1-1-0) SaloAbraxas
(0-2-0) Zarbit

round 3 of 8 pairings:

AdmiralMemo vs Atifexe
Antitonic vs KeiranLC
Zarbit vs Auserker
DeathNDecay vs AliceK52
Hacofo vs abanytar
Omega Lairon vs SaloAbraxas
Randus2003 vs X

x = bye or next person to submit a pool

Given there was a round marked as a draw last week felt I should re-post this from previous seasons:

-Because some time things just come up: Ultimately if the game doesn't happen (by Noon Sunday MoonBase Time) it will be mark as a draw unless 1 player choses to concede the match.
Side Note:Please don't ask your opponent for the win because they didn't get back to you - this is a for fun league after all

With that said this is why I request a heads up ahead of time if you know you want be able to play (so I can pair with that in mind). <-- this also will ply in to who gets the bye

If you would like I can try and contact them also but I doubt that would do more than posting here or your PMs...the other thing you can try is adding them as a buddy on MTGO and hope to get lucky and run in to each other.

edit: pairings updated because DeathNDecay requested the bye for next week while they take their finals
Omega Lairon
First Video: Fun with Microwaves

Postby Omega Lairon » 10 May 2016, 00:38

Omega Lairon [2-0] SaloAbraxas

So, if I'm honest, black just really wasn't working for me with this pool... it's fun and potentially powerful, but it's just not the style of MTG I can make the best use out of. So I tore it all down and rebuilt the deck from scratch. Preliminary results are... favourable.

Game 1 was pretty even for the most part - I had small evasive dudes, my opponent had removal and butts. Gradually though, my dudes managed to claw enough of an opening for Silburlind Snapper to metaphorically "plant the C4". A very impressive threat did threaten to ruin my momentum, but un/fortunately (depending on perspective), it was just that one turn too late to really stabilise from.

Game 2 was, sadly, a little more one sided. I had early aggro, while my opponent had... land. Despite a valiant effort against some frankly mathematically unlikely shenans (10/14 lands off the top), my opening volley proved enough to gradually win it.

Still, it seems good times were had by all despite the difficulties. And I learned a lot about my shiny new deck, so... future opponents beware, I guess?

ert+
y76p; 'Olu8jykee;u4p;e'/Rh
Strong ba15456`-------++++++gf
+++++-//==========/*8901ikg
SaloAbraxas

Postby SaloAbraxas » 12 May 2016, 09:00

I'll be traveling the later part of next week, so I'm only free Monday and Tuesday. But I'm free practically all day those days. I'd prefer not to burn the bye in case a bigger conflict comes up in the next several weeks (or if someone else really needs it next week). But if anyone can't do Monday and Tuesday, can you say so to avoid us getting paired? Or if it's easier to just give me the bye, I can live with that.
abanytar
First Video: Man Cooking: Meatshroom

Postby abanytar » 12 May 2016, 11:12

abanytar (venerable_bede) 1-0 hacofo

This...is not what I wanted to have happen this season.

hacofo offered to take the loss this round due to scheduling conflicts and being separated from MtGO between now and Monday.

I'm just glad I don't have the bye next week. Even if I crash and burn, I'd like to play some Magic.
Antitonic

Postby Antitonic » 12 May 2016, 17:34

Antitonic (JakeWaffleman) [2-1-1] KeiranLC (KeiranLC)

That was some fun, fun games against the mirror match. Like, if I hadn't seen a card that I have yet to see IRL, I'd swear we were playing the same deck.

Game 1: Double-Triskaidekaphobia off Avacyn's Judgment via Madness. The flavour cannot be contained.
Game 2: Indestructable 7/7 with menace, no big.
Game 3: Doublewolf double gets there, assisted by Sorin hitting both my high cost removal.
Game 4!: Dead to timeout, but the kill was in-hand regardless. Always fun to see self-burn to avoid Triskaidekaphobia though :P

Good games, my friend! Good games indeed.
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 13 May 2016, 06:06

Salo: Did I play you this League? If not, I'm totally free all Monday. Maybe Randus can set us up.

On the down-side, I messaged Atifexe on Sunday and still have no word. Even if Atifexe gets back to me before the week is over, I might not have any scheduling time left. :-(
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

zarbit

Postby zarbit » 13 May 2016, 12:29

zarbit 2-0 auserker

Game one could've been close, but auserker only drew lands after his opener, and a 4/9 flier beats down pretty hard. Game two wasn't even a game, with him mulling to 4 and again drawing mono lands. Good luck next week man, sorry. :(
Auserker
First Video: Friday Nights - Untap

Postby Auserker » 13 May 2016, 13:10

zarbit wrote:zarbit 2-0 auserker

Game one could've been close, but auserker only drew lands after his opener, and a 4/9 flier beats down pretty hard. Game two wasn't even a game, with him mulling to 4 and again drawing mono lands. Good luck next week man, sorry. :(

Good games, shows that some days your deck just doesn't want to work in any way. It did show me some of the weaknesses in my deck (other then drawing to many land). The deck still stayed true to its performance in a friendly match so it just wasn't my day for MTG.
Randus2003

Postby Randus2003 » 15 May 2016, 12:09

scores at end of round 3:

(2-1-0) abanytar
(2-0-1) AdmiralMemo
(1-0-2) AliceK52
(1-2-0) Antitonic
(2-0-1) Atifexe
(1-1-1) Auserker
(2-0-1) DeathNDecay
(1-2-0) Hacofo
(0-3-0) KeiranLC
(2-1-0) Omega Lairon
(2-1-0) Randus2003
(1-2-0) SaloAbraxas
(1-2-0) Zarbit

round 4 of 8 pairings:
Omega Lairon vs Randus2003
AdmiralMemo vs SaloAbraxas
AliceK52 vs Atifexe
Antitonic vs Auserker
Hacofo vs Zarbit
abanytar vs KeiranLC
DeathNDecay vs X

Notes:
- GL with your final exams DeathNDecay
- Please remember to be courteous to your fellow runner and try to get back to them in a timely fashion when they reach out to you in order to set up a time to have your match.
Last edited by Randus2003 on 17 May 2016, 09:11, edited 1 time in total.
Antitonic

Postby Antitonic » 16 May 2016, 02:16

Antitonic (JakeWaffleman) [0-2] Auserker (Auserker)

If the previous match was basically the mirror match, this week's was the mirror-or match. And I realise how terrible that sounds :P Good games and jolly cooperation!
SaloAbraxas

Postby SaloAbraxas » 16 May 2016, 10:47

AdmiralMemo [0-2] SaloAbraxas

Game 1 was a slow start from me, but I managed to stabilize with a bunch of removal and eventually dig to some creatures to ping away for a win while Memo was stuck drawing lands and unhelpful tricks.

Game 2 was a good race that I managed to win with exactsies just before Memo was about to draw some sweet bombs.
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 17 May 2016, 23:44

Mana flood and then mana screw was just not the day for me. :-|
Game 2 felt pretty OK until I was like... "I think I can stabilize after taking this hit... wait, that's exactsies... I'm dead."
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

zarbit

Postby zarbit » 19 May 2016, 10:58

zarbit 2-0 hacofo

Sadly this was another week of non-games. G1 I transformed Duskwatch Recruiter and just spewed creatures on the board that he couldn't deal with, and G2 hacofo mulled to 4 and drew just so many lands. Too many. Sorry for the variance friend, hopefully next week treats you better.
Randus2003

Postby Randus2003 » 20 May 2016, 17:21

Omega Lairon 0-2 Randus2003

game 1: was the tail of a silverheart and his come from behind win after a slow start on my part.

game 2: I pulled the ol' color swap and took an early start Omega stabilized with a 6/6 turtle but after a few more burn spells and land drops on my side the hydra was to big to deal with.

....and perfect timing AFK just started :D
abanytar

Postby abanytar » 21 May 2016, 19:02

abanytar (venrable_bede) 0-0 KeiranLC

KeiranLC and I were unable to connect, so it's a draw.

God willing I'll actually play some Magic this coming week.
Randus2003

Postby Randus2003 » 22 May 2016, 11:48

scores at end of round 4:

(2-1-1) abanytar
(2-1-1) AdmiralMemo
(1-0-3) AliceK52
(1-3-0) Antitonic
(2-0-2) Atifexe
(2-1-1) Auserker
(3-0-1) DeathNDecay
(1-3-0) Hacofo
(0-3-1) KeiranLC
(2-2-0) Omega Lairon
(3-1-0) Randus2003
(2-2-0) SaloAbraxas
(2-2-0) Zarbit

round 5 of 8 pairings:
DeathNDecay vs Randus2003
Hacofo vs KeiranLC
abanytar vs AdmiralMemo
SaloAbraxas vs Zarbit
Omega Lairon vs Auserker
Antitonic vs Atifexe
AliceK52 vs X

side notes:

I will be out of town this weekend so pairings will likely not go up for an extra day or 2 (will post again next week from my cell as a reminder)

AliceK52 - I've tried PM already with no luck and it appears that you have not logged in to the forum this month...so I'm giving you the bye this week, But if you don't get ahold of me (I use this name basically everywhere) by the time I post scores for this coming round I'm going to have to drop you from the league. To be clear this is not something I want to do but you not playing equals out to less people getting to play (due to the odd number of people).
Randus2003

Postby Randus2003 » 22 May 2016, 18:48

DeathNDecay 1-2 Randus2003

game 1 was all lands all the time as I watched all my cards fail to get a good night sleep, damn creepy ghost kid.

game 2 was probably the closest of the set, I played the my 2nd deck and after a lot of back and forth I missed the 1st killshot b/c I didn't realize they were out of cards and almost lost as a result but got a lucky draw to win at 1 life and death coming on my next upkeep.

game 3 well....lets just say tracker into hydra with burn back-up was to strong for them.

but overall I would say GGs were had.
abanytar

Postby abanytar » 23 May 2016, 14:07

abanytar (venrable_bede) 2-0 AdmiralMemo

Wonder of wonders! I got to actually play the gathering of the Magics!

Game 1 tipped in my favor once that Accursed Witch died, giving Memo an Infectious Curse. Then my team started watching, Always Watching, so that they would not fall prey to the same curse.

In Game 2 I don't know which was more spoopy: my army of spirits or Memo's prodigious flood.

ggs, friend!
Antitonic

Postby Antitonic » 23 May 2016, 15:53

Antitonic (JakeWaffleman) [2-1] Atifexe (Atifexe)

Some fun games with lots of big splashy stuff for all. Good games, friendo!
Auserker
First Video: Friday Nights - Untap

Postby Auserker » 24 May 2016, 02:41

Auserker [2-1] Omega Lairon

Game 1 - Back and forth slog fest, I got a small advantage with Sorin coming out but he continued to draw me lands and was soon sacrificed. I was eventually overpowered and Omega Lairon was able to swing in for a good win.

Game 2 - This was a bit of a faster paced match and I was able to win with aggressive creatures.

Game 3 - Was a good game with us both trading removal and most of my creatures being put back into my hand or on top of my Library, however getting Sorin out again helped me draw the cards I needed to overwhelm the board.

Another great round that was full of good plays and fun interactions.
KeiranLC
First Video: unskippable

Postby KeiranLC » 26 May 2016, 18:04

KeiranLC 1 - 2 hacofo

The games were super close. Game 1 an ill-advised attack on my part when we were both low on life sealed my fate.

Game 2, I got there with some slow draining until my opponent was in burn range.

Game 3, I was low on time so I pushed a very aggressive strategy until a) I ran out of time since b) hacofo had a nicely timed top-deck.

Good games!

Return to “Magic: The Gathering”