Spoiler Season: Magic Origins

A place to talk about standard, casual, limited and everything in between.
Omega Lairon
First Video: Fun with Microwaves

Re: Spoiler Season: Magic Origins

Postby Omega Lairon » 06 Jul 2015, 19:26

I'm doing 2 events this weekend, so the plan for now is to go Red first and try to pick up support for a Boros burn/aggro thing, then go Green / Black elves durdle ramp.

ert+
y76p; 'Olu8jykee;u4p;e'/Rh
Strong ba15456`-------++++++gf
+++++-//==========/*8901ikg
korvys
First Video: Zero Punctuation: X-Blades/Halo Wars

Postby korvys » 06 Jul 2015, 21:39

I think I want to go Green/Black if given the choice, but unsure about which colour to choose. Black has some rad stuff in it, green has other cool stuff and apparently Nissa is the chase card of the set, and I think white looks like the most powerful for limited.

But then Red/Blue seems rad - Indian steampunk? Sign me up.

Blue is also in both of my Commander decks, so maybe that's the choice?

I think Black is probably going to be it, in the end.
"Why does Sonic chill like dawgs?" - Graham
"Causation. Still a leading cause of correlation"" - Oglaf

Google+ / Twitter / Mastodon
keybase.io
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 07 Jul 2015, 04:25

Honestly, the possibility of getting Nissa in foil is really pushing me to go green. The possibility of more value is certainly real. But I feel, for winning, red is better.

I might be over-valuing this card, but I think that Ravaging Blaze is a bomb uncommon that feels like it should have been a rare. Being able to kill a creature and burn their fact at instant speed just feels insane to me. Like, even if you do it for four, that's Stoking right in their face as well as a creature. Fiery Impulse seems like solid removal as well. And, with all of the artifacts around, Smash to Smitherines seems like it'll be powerful too.

I feel like I want to end up as G/R, it's just more of where I want to start.
Antitonic
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Antitonic » 07 Jul 2015, 07:37

Doing four, and leaving the green out. I feel there's enough chance to get green value in the drafts to come, so I don't feel as bad about leaving it alone at the prerelease.
eostby
First Video: The first Friday Nights

Postby eostby » 07 Jul 2015, 14:54

I'm likely only doing one (maybe two if things fall perfectly, but I don't expect it), and am 100% going red. The main prize of course is Chandra, but if I can snag a Goblin Piledriver or two between pool and prize packs, I'll be very happy. Also might be the last time I prerelease at this store, and would love to finally win a prerelease there.
Rogue_Magic on the LRRCraft and LRRMC servers; visit my LRRCraft house near 423, -353 and my LRRMC house near -972, 195

Stand against the Pardonf**k!

Follow me on Twitter @ericostby
lazylantern
First Video: The "unskippable" with Yatzhee

Postby lazylantern » 08 Jul 2015, 20:05

I'm super stoked about green! So much beef and it gets the Timmy in me super happy.
Gaea's revenge, Outland Collossus and Skysnare Spider may just make it into my Kaiju and Polukranos fighting Commander Deck
In Brightest day, In blackest night
No evil shall escape my sight
let those.... ah hell you know the rest
Wooglie
First Video: Desert Bus

Postby Wooglie » 10 Jul 2015, 14:29

This might be useful for pre-releases if you haven't seen it already
http://www.hipstersofthecoast.com/2015/ ... sh-spells/
Tinfish
First Video: Krogslist

Postby Tinfish » 10 Jul 2015, 21:31

Well that was disappointing as heck. Pardon me - disappointing as fuck. I am legit salty now. See, I walked on down to my LGS to do the prerelease thing ... only to learn that they'd run out of prerelease boxes at the midnight event yesterday. Unexpected demand or something.

I was looking forward to this prerelease, it seemed like it had a lot of different ways it could go. Red/blue thopters, white reknown, green/black elves, red burn, green beef ...

Sadly I guess it's not to be. Now I think about it they had issues with the prerelease box supply for DTK too.

I'm kinda tempted to abandon the hassle of paper magic (and the rather ugly local scene) and buy MTGOnline. If it even works here in NZ.
It's fish in a tin!
Wooglie
First Video: Desert Bus

Postby Wooglie » 12 Jul 2015, 11:39

There's at least one person in the LRR MTGO league in Australia (Omega Lairon), so I assume it would work from NZ as well (I know that NZ is a long way away from Australia, so I admit I don't know how your internets compare). MTGO is probably one of the few multi-player games were having a bad ping shouldn't inconvenience you too much.

Return to “Magic: The Gathering”