Commander 2015 Predictions/Hopes and Dreams

A place to talk about standard, casual, limited and everything in between.
Tacos_yay
First Video: Crapshots

Commander 2015 Predictions/Hopes and Dreams

Postby Tacos_yay » 27 Sep 2015, 22:09

Commander 2015 spoilers are starting in October, and the colors are all enemy colors. That means Boros, Izzet, Golgari, Orzov, and Simic.
Personally I'm hoping for the Izzet deck to be Niv-Mizzet draw effects.

Anyone have any predictions/hopes for commanders?
lazylantern
First Video: The "unskippable" with Yatzhee

Re: Commander 2015 Predictions/Hopes and Dreams

Postby lazylantern » 28 Sep 2015, 07:59

Hope they don't go crazy with new cards or that these new cards are planned for print in standard sets later on. Scavenging Ooze and Hornet Queen got printed in standard and so should most of those cards.

Izzet; I hope something not based on Melek or Burn because thats just not viable in multiplayer. I'd rather see Keranos then Melek or even Niv Mizzet for the legendary creature reprint slot.
Boros: thats a tough one because that archetype has a lot of potential but is barely getting there as of now. I wonder who'd be reprinted. They just put Aurelia in the FTV, I hope again more for Iroas.
Simic: I want Kruphix. Thats the deck I want; big mana, ramp and ginormous creatures; supported by blue X spells.
Golgari: I'd be curious to see an infect deck out of it. Reanimator has been overdone already. I'd like something fresh and Golgari is a very nice pairing for infect.
Orzov: not a clue. There are so many ways to play this pair that no matter what they do, I won't be surprised. They can go Weenie Warriors, Aristocrats, control, recursion, lifegain, angels/demons, all wraths... Too versatile a pair to call beforehand.

All in all, good value reprints an modest new cards is all I wish for
In Brightest day, In blackest night
No evil shall escape my sight
let those.... ah hell you know the rest
Tacos_yay
First Video: Crapshots

Postby Tacos_yay » 28 Sep 2015, 08:18

I would love to see a Kruphix commander deck, that sounds awesome. I do think an infect deck in commander is kind of a bad idea, It's either gonna be over powered in comparison to the rest of the decks, or have to be balanced so much its unplayable.

I hope boros goes the speedy creatures route, with cards like Assemble the Legion and so on.

I actually DO hope they go crazy with the new cards, thats how we Reef Worm and True-Name Nemesis. The idea of brand new Izzet cards specially made for commander is really exciting.

Another prediction for Izzet: Artifacts. Origins had a lot of R/B artifacts, and so did conspiracy. Theres a good chance we could see sort of a Dack Faydenish deck.
lazylantern
First Video: The "unskippable" with Yatzhee

Postby lazylantern » 28 Sep 2015, 18:57

also, to keep with WotC's recent track record: Iona in every white deck!
In Brightest day, In blackest night
No evil shall escape my sight
let those.... ah hell you know the rest

Return to “Magic: The Gathering”