OGW Pre-release: how'd you do?

A place to talk about standard, casual, limited and everything in between.
Tinfish
First Video: Krogslist

Re: OGW Pre-release: how'd you do?

Postby Tinfish » 02 Feb 2016, 07:07

I sent an email to my LGS asking when the prerelease started. They didn't get back to me until after the prerelease was over.

And now it looks like I've missed the online prerelease too? :(
It's fish in a tin!
eostby
First Video: The first Friday Nights

Re: OGW Pre-release: how'd you do?

Postby eostby » 03 Feb 2016, 14:14

Really late to this party, but I managed to get in two paper prereleases, including my first ever midnight event.

Event #1 my promo was Stoneforge Masterwork (the equipment that gives +1/+1 for each creature you control that shares a type with equipped creature) and from my BFZ packs I pulled Drana and double Kalastria Healer, so I naturally fell into BWg Allies (the green splash for Joraga Auxiliary). Because of how the store paid out prize packs, it was more advantageous to draw than to actually play out for packs, so officially I went 1-0-2, but since I played all of my matches out to a conclusion, I actually went 2-1. Awesome pulls from this event included foil Crush of Tentacles, Drana, Mina and Denn, and foil Warping Wail.

Event #2 my promo was Dimensional Infiltrator, but despite opening a bunch of blue rares, I had almost no creatures in the color, and went BR Devoid instead. This pool performed pretty badly, and I felt lucky to get out at 2-2. The "notable" pulls include Prism Array, Hedron Alignment, and Tyrant of Valakut (the Surge Dragon).

Of course, the bigger story among my friend group at the prerelease is that one guy opened an Expedition in each of the events we played (Fetid Heath at midnight, and Ancient Tomb in the other). Which is great for him, but makes me rather sad since I've yet to open one from any part of the block so far. :(
Rogue_Magic on the LRRCraft and LRRMC servers; visit my LRRCraft house near 423, -353 and my LRRMC house near -972, 195

Stand against the Pardonf**k!

Follow me on Twitter @ericostby

Return to “Magic: The Gathering”