Decked Builder Card Cam- Custom Card Sets [And Card Display]

A place to talk about standard, casual, limited and everything in between.
ForOhFor Error
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming

Decked Builder Card Cam- Custom Card Sets [And Card Display]

Postby ForOhFor Error » 04 Feb 2016, 19:13

All-In-One Card Cam Utility

DeckedBuilder has a really cool "card Cam" feature that recognizes cards using a camera, but it can only have 4 sets loaded at once. This isn't ideal, so I made a java GUI that lets you make custom set files.

The latest version is here,
There's usage directions in the readme.

One last note: split cards should work, but only enter the name of the first half of the card.
Source Code Repository

The card display window also supports manually setting the card image by dragging an image from a website onto the card display; I'd only use it with card images from the gatherer, which are confirmed to work.
Last edited by ForOhFor Error on 27 Sep 2016, 17:38, edited 12 times in total.
Paul
Super Moderator
First Video: Tetris

Re: Decked Builder Card Cam - Custom Card Sets

Postby Paul » 04 Feb 2016, 21:07

Wow, that is super cool! I had no idea that something like that would be possible without the developer's cooperation. I did some research on the .orb format, but I couldn't find any information online. Clearly you know what you are doing. Have you done any tests with loading more then the normal amount of cards in at once? If you load in all of Modern or even the full database does the recognition slow to a crawl or take up huge amounts of memory/cpu?

I have actually also been contacted by the developer of a totally different mtg card recognition app that can work on the entire mtg database at once (I assume he is using a different recognition algorithm). We are going to be streaming an AFK Highlander tournament on Saturday (starting 3:00PST) where I am hoping to test it out. Knowing that your script is available as a backup plan if we need to go back to cardcam is super great.
ForOhFor Error

Postby ForOhFor Error » 04 Feb 2016, 21:59

Really I just found where the data for recognizing each card began, wrote a script to write them into individual files with the multiverse id as the file name, and then recombine them. The orb format is basically just:

[number of cards in the file (4 bytes)]
[length of first multiverse id (4 bytes)]
[first multiverse id]
[length of second multiverse id (4 bytes)]
[second multiverse id]
[Binary data for card with first multiverse id]
[Binary data for card with second multiverse id]

I tried loading up a set of all of the files combined together, but the program threw me an error after trying to load it for a few minutes. Probably wouldn't get too bogged down with a few thousand cards but I haven't experimented too much.

Cool that more apps for this sort of thing are being developed. It definitely makes me want to check out computer vision stuff.
ForOhFor Error

Postby ForOhFor Error » 11 Feb 2016, 19:50

Updated the post with a Java version that uses a GUI.

Download for the Java version
(Java 8 required)
Paul
Super Moderator
First Video: Tetris

Postby Paul » 12 Feb 2016, 16:48

Ooooo! fancy. I do like GUIs.
I was testing it with this deck list:
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/rude-dud ... d-version/
(using the text export)

and Cardcam kept throwing an error when I tried to load the file. By process of elimination, it seemed to be the last card(Zealous Persecution) that caused the problem. When I removed it from the list, the orb file loaded fine. Any idea why that would be?
ForOhFor Error

Postby ForOhFor Error » 13 Feb 2016, 15:12

So, the Modern Event Deck printing of Zealous Persecution is the last card in that set's orb file. The previous version was cutting one byte off the end of the last card in each set when extracting the cards; this has been fixed.

Remove all sets that cause this error from the orbs folder, then run the new version and do the card extracting again to fix any cards that were broken.

I updated the download links to link to the latest version.

I'm also no longer supporting the python version; the code was a mess and I cleaned it up in the java version. The python version does not have this fix.
jay_tde
First Video: Pre Prerelease from SOI

Postby jay_tde » 27 Mar 2016, 17:31

Just a big thanks for making this tool! It was pretty much the exact tool I had been looking for, and I really appreciate your effort and making it public.

(Sorry for necro, but I really wanted to show my appreciation!)

Cheers
Antitonic
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Antitonic » 10 Apr 2016, 22:31

Try as I might, I just can't get this to work. On one computer it can't find a folder and just pops an error, on the other, it appears to work, but where loaded into the Builder, has nothing in it.

I suppose this is what comes of accumulating boxes of cards and not bothering to sort them.
ForOhFor Error

Postby ForOhFor Error » 22 Sep 2016, 12:57

Looking at the recent LRRTech, I thought the display side of the setup was a bit overkill, so I wrote an alternative to it in java; here's a download link:

Download Link

Following the directions in the readme file, it should work fine with the stock version of card cam.
It also supports manually setting the card image by dragging an image from a website onto the card display; I'd only use it with card images from the gatherer, which are confirmed to work.

Never mind all that, I got it to automate most of the process.

Updated version is here, instructions are in the readme.

Return to “Magic: The Gathering”