All Done with MTGOAcademy?

A place to talk about standard, casual, limited and everything in between.
Woland

All Done with MTGOAcademy?

Postby Woland » 06 Mar 2016, 04:10

I was wondering if anyone can update me on whether Graham and James are ever going to make videos for MTGOAcademy again? I cannot find a statement one way or another, but their last update was put up in very early January and it certainly doesn't seem like they're going to resume any time soon. I've seen the question put to LRR many times on M:TG streams, but they've never answered the question. Is there some controversy there?

MTGOA has lost Simon Gertzen, Marshall, and now LRR. Inauspicious, to say thee least.
Booster
First Video: Checkpoint- Episode 1

Re: All Done with MTGOAcademy?

Postby Booster » 06 Mar 2016, 07:00

They have said during LRRmtg that they are probably done with MTGO academy. There wasn't a falling out or anything, they are just too busy to commit to regular updates for them. They will probably still do recorded drafts, and just post them to their own youtube.
korvys
First Video: Zero Punctuation: X-Blades/Halo Wars

Postby korvys » 06 Mar 2016, 13:52

Yeah, they mentioned it a stream or two ago. They're almost certainly no longer doing them, though there might still be one more draft before it's all done.
"Why does Sonic chill like dawgs?" - Graham
"Causation. Still a leading cause of correlation"" - Oglaf

Google+ / Twitter / Mastodon
keybase.io
MagisterMystax
First Video: The Innistrad hat draft on MTGO academy

Postby MagisterMystax » 06 Mar 2016, 14:49

That's a shame. I actually discovered LRR through the MTGOAcademy drafts. I watched a couple here and there as they posted them, and then when they re-ran the hat draft while G and J were busy with Desert Bus 6, I really grew to love the concept and went back to watch all of them.
I stream video games every friday at 19:00 GMT, at http://www.twitch.tv/magistermystax
Lycodrake
First Video: Friday Nights

Postby Lycodrake » 06 Mar 2016, 17:57

I'm gonna miss the wacky drafts; some of my best laughs and memorable moments from Graham and James are the silly decks they tried to make work - especially Mono-Green Charging Badger in Theros block.
Kinbalk
First Video: Checkpoint S1E1

Postby Kinbalk » 07 Mar 2016, 21:16

Is LRR joining ChannelFireball and thus why they're done with MTGOacademy? I mean pure speculation talk and all but that's why Marshall left and big announcement lining up with MTGOacademy going away. Dun dun dun.
korvys
First Video: Zero Punctuation: X-Blades/Halo Wars

Postby korvys » 07 Mar 2016, 21:47

Unlikely. They were pretty clear they'll still be doing drafts, just posting them on their own channel.

I don't think either party would get anything from it, really. Any part of CF's audience that doesn't already know LRR (Doing Friday Nights, and drawing one of the bigger crowds on Twitch for Magic streamers) is pretty hardcore magic, and unlike to translate to checking out anything else LRR related, and any LRR fans who are interested in that competitive magic aspect are probably already watching/reading CF stuff.
"Why does Sonic chill like dawgs?" - Graham
"Causation. Still a leading cause of correlation"" - Oglaf

Google+ / Twitter / Mastodon
keybase.io
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 17 Mar 2016, 23:36

I'm really sorry we haven't addressed this officially, it's been a crazy time for us lately.

Yes, we've stopped doing videos for MTGOacademy.
No, nothing happened.

Much love to them, and you can expect drafts on our own channel, on no set schedule :)
fantôme
First Video: mtgo drafts

Postby fantôme » 20 Mar 2016, 13:21

Graham wrote:I'm really sorry we haven't addressed this officially, it's been a crazy time for us lately.

Yes, we've stopped doing videos for MTGOacademy.
No, nothing happened.

Much love to them, and you can expect drafts on our own channel, on no set schedule :)

Thanks for the update. Hugely enjoy your draft videos, (both Academy and LRL), and was wondering what had become of the fortnightly-ish bonus videos.

Though essentially the same thing, sad to see the drafts going from the Academy channel - if nothing else because it was what brought the world the wonders of Charging Badger.

Return to “Magic: The Gathering”