Kaladesh Spoiler Season Hype

A place to talk about standard, casual, limited and everything in between.
RadioshackRaider
First Video: Friday Nights: Untap

Kaladesh Spoiler Season Hype

Postby RadioshackRaider » 03 Sep 2016, 07:19

So, with Pax, Kaladesh Spoiler Season has sorta begun. And the hype is real for me. We've got some sweet new mechanics, including a not busted version of the origins Thopter making creatures and reverse equipment essentially. And DWARVES. Dwarves are back and I am so hype. I've wanted Dwarves to come back for ages, and I finally have my wish. So, anything you're all excited for?
fantôme
First Video: mtgo drafts

Re: Kaladesh Spoiler Season Hype

Postby fantôme » 03 Sep 2016, 07:32

So very hype. So far:

The overall aesthetic, filigree artifacts, the Servo token and the little fox thing are ridiculously cute.

Rashmi & Jori En in Standard together. I would like all the cards please.

Gremlins!

And in general, Wizards have been putting out some consistently awesome content over the past couple of years, definitely looking forward to this.
RadioshackRaider
First Video: Friday Nights: Untap

Postby RadioshackRaider » 03 Sep 2016, 11:52

I actually said to Graham on Twitter that WOTC certainly seem to have been getting a bit showier with revealing stuff. I don't recall them doing stuff like this when I started playing in New Phyrexia or Innistrad. They did some cool stuff for the pre-releases, but they've been going ham the past couple years with things like Pax and GPs that happen near set releases. I've been loving it so much. I'm sad Rashmi isn't the U/R artifact legend I wanted, but I'm sure it'll be here soon enough. I am not looking forward to playing against her as a commander. She's gonna be busted for Elf Tribal
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 04 Sep 2016, 11:30

It has an adorable robot fox that'll actually be good (at least in limited). That's enough to make me like the set.
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 04 Sep 2016, 11:45

I've got some good feelings about this block.
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 05 Sep 2016, 10:53

Please don't let Phyrexians show up on Kaladesh. Not even in the 'Return To Kaladesh' if we ever get to that point. I think Kaladesh is a really cool plane, and I'd be very disappointed if Phyrexians mess it up. With the reveal today, as well as some of the other ways they've set it up to potentially happen, I'm getting nervous.
MowDownJoe
First Video: Joystique

Postby MowDownJoe » 05 Sep 2016, 16:40

So... new Chandra is bonkers.
Victim of a Platinum Angel/Phage combo in Momir. Thanks, LRR!
chetoos
First Video: The Job

Postby chetoos » 06 Sep 2016, 08:19

I'm brewing up a Bant combo deck, focused around abusing the new angel and a clone effect, and I want to use energy in the deck for the sawtooth cub. So my question is whether I should use the aetherstorm roc or the decoction module for my energy producer. I think the module, because I have other things I want to play on 4, like the Panharmonicon, but at the same time, the roc is a very nice choice for midrange, which is the alternate way the deck can win if I don't assemble the combo.
My Youtube Channel. Currently, I have a daily series where I play games that I like. Right now, it's Double Dragon Advance. I also have a weekly series where I play as the Archenemy from Duels 2012
square1
First Video: Unskippable: The Saboteur

Postby square1 » 13 Sep 2016, 13:15

AJANI?! What is this feeling? Joy?
chetoos
First Video: The Job

Postby chetoos » 13 Sep 2016, 17:58

square1 wrote:AJANI?! What is this feeling? Joy?

I know! Also, which R&D member do you think is the Lion King fan who named this card?
https://youtu.be/hvBFjdYnW4U?t=1m
My Youtube Channel. Currently, I have a daily series where I play games that I like. Right now, it's Double Dragon Advance. I also have a weekly series where I play as the Archenemy from Duels 2012

Return to “Magic: The Gathering”