Modern Deck Outsourcing.

A place to talk about standard, casual, limited and everything in between.
RadioshackRaider
First Video: Friday Nights: Untap

Modern Deck Outsourcing.

Postby RadioshackRaider » 10 Jun 2017, 18:35

So Modern is the only format that fires at my LGS, and I need a deck to play. Issue is, I'm no good at brewing, and I can't afford to go and buy a deck. Because of this, I challenged the most prolific brewer amongst my play-group to brew a deck for me with one caveat, he has to build with only the cards I own. And so I bestow this challenge to all of you. I have every card I own that currently is not in use uploaded here: http://mtgcollectionbuilder.com/collections/13971 For every deck that's brewed, I'll try it and let you all know how that deck does at my Monday event.

If you want some help giving the deck direction, I currently have two Modern decks: 8 Whack (mono-red Goblins built around Reckless and Goblin Bushwhacker) and Zombie Hunt (U/B combo deck based only playing 4 Zombie Infestation and 4 Treasure Hunt and lands). I enjoy aggro decks, but I'll play any kind of deck.
fantôme
First Video: mtgo drafts

Re: Modern Deck Outsourcing.

Postby fantôme » 13 Jun 2017, 09:48

Is there a way to filter that website to not show the cards that you don't have? It is very challenging to brew over search a length of spreadsheets.

I did notice that you have the basics of blue/red delver there though.
RadioshackRaider

Postby RadioshackRaider » 17 Jun 2017, 10:37

Sadly I don't believe there is a way to filter out the cards I don't own. It's most likely a very niche use that wouldn't come up unless you're like me and want to give people a brewing challenge like this own because you're crap at brewing.
RadioshackRaider

Postby RadioshackRaider » 16 Jul 2017, 09:48

So I've built a deck, and it seems to be doing not too bad. I didn't have the mana base to support a U/R version of Delver, so I went RUG instead. Here's the list:
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/16-07-17-bug-in-a-rug/

Return to “Magic: The Gathering”