Describe your last tabletop session

Share your latest adventures with anything tabletop: RPGs, boardgames, miniatures, etc.
Keab42

Re: Describe your last tabletop session

Postby Keab42 » 30 Mar 2013, 16:29

At least you didn't fail at praying to your own god...
Keab42: Keeb-forty-two Deal with it. @Keab42 | | +Keab42 | | Tumblr
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 30 Mar 2013, 17:49

First session of a new campaign, my character is apparently now the sub in a d/s relationship with a were-horse (who at least has both male and female "human" forms), who serves the big bad of another campaign my DM is running.

I have no idea how we got to that point, and no, we are not using the Book of Erotic Fantasy.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
JackSlack
First Video: ENN, but I forget which.

Postby JackSlack » 02 Apr 2013, 00:46

Master Gunner wrote:First session of a new campaign, my character is apparently now the sub in a d/s relationship with a were-horse (who at least has both male and female "human" forms), who serves the big bad of another campaign my DM is running.

I have no idea how we got to that point, and no, we are not using the Book of Erotic Fantasy.

Best. D&D game. Ever.
JackSlack
First Video: ENN, but I forget which.

Postby JackSlack » 02 Apr 2013, 00:56

Oh yeah! We played Fiasco, using the Suburbs playset from the book. We got the rules a touch wrong, I noticed in hindsight (We should have had an object in play, but didn't) but nothing that got in the way.

Short version: Duckay played Gwyneth, a gambling addict deeply in debt to Ernie, a bookie whose criminal enterprise has given him enough scratch to build his own mansion, and is employing Metal Bob, a loser and plumber, to handle the bathrooms and kitchen. Bob, in turn, met Gwyneth at his work once and they had a one time fling, which Bob never quite got over.

The plot kicked off when Gwyneth came in broke due to gambling, and had a short time to pay back the due. She scammed off Metal Bob's desperate need for her love (he was trying to get her to go to a Shitting Goblins concert a scene earlier, with no success) and got him to pony up a few hundred. Meanwhile, Ernie's bank balance mysteriously came in zero, with an anonymous person added to the account and draining it. When Gwyneth came in the next day to place a new debt (and Ernie knew she was broke) he was certain he had his thief, and demanded the 25 large from her tomorrow. Thus did she hatch a plan with Metal Bob to murder Ernie.

Metal Bob would sneak into the mansion and rig the gas pipes to blow. Against all the odds, he rigged it perfectly, and Gwyneth lured Ernie into the mansion, with the goal of sneaking out and making sure he died in the explosion. Unfortunately, Ernie began hitting Gwyneth, and Metal Bob rushed in to save the day. That is: Rushed into a building rigged to blow. The two managed to run away but a bit too late. Bob threw Gwyneth ahead of himself, leaving himself badly burned. Both were arrested for murder.

As he laying dying from the explosion, Ernie got a text. It was an apology from the bank, explaining a computer error had added someone to his account incorrectly, and that his account would be corrected in 3-5 working days.

Bob lamented that he missed the concert.

Gwyneth, in prison, was last seen making bets with a cell-mate on which prisoner would win in a fight that broke out.

Edit: Oh, I was Metal Bob, and our friend was Ernie.
DSmaster21
First Video: Friday Nights-Untap
Location: You will hear on the news one day. Zombies! Wait no disregard that random word.

Postby DSmaster21 » 05 Apr 2013, 10:53

My charater has max hiding and rather low move silent so I just stayed in place ready to sneak attack anything that gets close. I spent two hours of realtime staying hidden while the team mage kept a huge monster in a pit by pissing it off with spells that always hit but do nothing but cause the beast to fall a few inches. I kept explaining to him that if he just let it climb I had used all my min/max skills to be able fire arrows that basically intakill everything. Finally he runs out of mental fortitude and with like five minutes left in the session the beast sticks an arm over the side of the pit. An arm which my natural 20 roll for arrow hit snaps clean off and the monster falls to its death. And then we blew it up just to be sure. And my plan was just to pin it and then walk over and shoot it in the face, oh well all's well that ends with a bloodied limb stuck to the ground and its owner dying horrible paralyzed in a pit.

What is fun is that our DM must roll a 114 on percentile dice for me to be attackable when hidden. He has to roll higher than 30 to hear my silent walk. By level twenty my character will be impossible for him to deal with. I can't wait. Our DM and I don't get along. I killed a dragon he summoned to kill us all. So he pulled a "you hear horrible noises from this hole that materialized in the floor".

It was like "a shadow appears and a dragon swoops down at the party (minus Alex(me) of course because he is not in the room)"
Other players: we retreat to Alex's room
"The Dragon follows"
'I fire an arrow from the shadows that I have stood in for the past half-hour. That deals sneak attack damage and pierce vs scale armor plus the roll and bonus is?'
"56 Damage, wait My dragon is killed? WTF Uh, you hear noises"
'what kind of noises?'
"Uh screams and such"
'from where?'
"uh the big pit in the middle of the room"
'You mean the room that I have been in for two hours?'
"Well, yeah"
'Okay'
"Um somethings red eyes can be seen."
Mage: I shoot in the eye with a magic missile.
"You do no damage and it falls but catches itself and starts climbing again"
Mage: again.
"the same thing."
Everyone else: we will go explore elsewhere.
Mage: I fire again
"you are still unable to seemingly harm the thing."
Mage:again (he has a very big attitude of if you shoot anything enough it will go down eventually)
We went through that for eight more rounds.
"you are out of missiles"
Mage: darn
"The creatures arm appears out of the hole"
'I fire an arrow at it'
"Roll for hit"
'20'
"uh roll critical hit"
'destroy opponent's weapon'
"uh his arm snaps off"
'Does it fall'
"uh roll ,2, uh my monster falls and after several minutes your characters hear a thud"
'I drop a torch to gauge the distance'
"it dissappears from view"
At this point we sent our other thief who moves ?silenter? down using all our rope.
"how much rope are you guys carrying"
'6 of us had 50ft of rope so 300'
"roll to see if all the rope holds"
Thief: 17
"uh you see the torch, it appears to be 500ft further down you estimate, you hear groans"
Thief: go back up
Dwarf fighter: I throw my keg of black powder down the hole
"Uh roll"
Dwarf: 13
"you hear a huge explosion"

To point out we did lose half our party to all his other monsters so the rolls were not that skewed.
Self wrote: I lost my humanity back in 2013 BC ahhhh the good old days.

Ptangmatik wrote: We drew things on your face. Oh, and you're now legally called Clivendorf von Whiffenpoofle. Congratulations.
Matt0Wolfy0Hegi
First Video: "Its Magic"

Postby Matt0Wolfy0Hegi » 15 Apr 2013, 11:58

Using the Savage Worlds rules and the Super-Powers Companion we ran a street-level super-hero group.

We had a maverick ex-cop whose super-powers were all incorporated in his body-armour, enhanced skills and helmet, and used a crowbar, flashlight and shotgun for the adventure.
There was a combat-cyborg (me) with all sorts of upgrades, darkvision, toughness, wall-climbing,leaping and extra strength etc.
A doctor that was also a highly-developed psychic warrior and mental manipulator.
And a scientist with a power called event.....he betrayed us and was replaced by a friend of the psychic who was a healer and teleporter.

The game lasted about 19 sessions spread through out A YEAR and led to a total bodycount of 342, not including the 10 super-powered villains in the "boss fights" each one of which was tortured before killed (for information, obviously) and lead to a confrontation with the final boss whop was killed by.....Shooting him. He had a forcefield AND defelction power but EVERY shot rolled an ace (re-roll the dice and add it to the original roll, they are cumulative) which bypassed both the forcefield and deflection.
The game had several highlights including the MILITARY GRADE combot cyborg being taken down in ONE HIT by and old asian man with a stick, the Psyho ex-cop walking into a school massacre and having to shoot a nine year old girl whose psychic power was destroying everything (it was funny at the time), the civilian girlfriend of the psychic doctor being blown up in a suicide bomb and passing ALL her soak rolls (she need to roll a 4, after a minus modifier of -28 with a 20 allowing her to re-roll it and add it to the score)she scored a 45.......that means not only was she not killed by the SUICIDE VEST but she was completely unharmed by the explosion and subsequent collapse of the building we were in.

It was a very fun game and I urge you guys to try the Savage Worlds rules, its a brilliant set and easy to play
Psycho
First Video: Fun with Microwaves

Postby Psycho » 20 Apr 2013, 21:58

A bit of backstory first. Our group had been tasked with preventing a cult to awaken an ancient family of evil dragons, which our dragonborn is a descendant of. In doing this we ticked off the machine god. At this point we had 2 separate armies wanting us and specifically our dragonborn dead. We were level 13 at this point.

We knew that the machine god had sent their army to assault our hub town and we had everything secure but one back entrance. When our party goes to secure that hole in our lines, we get assaulted by an advance force of the cult. We successfully repel this first wave and then the commander of that force shows on the battlefield demanding that we hand over our dragonborn or face the full wrath of this cult. The catch was, that the commander could not actually see the dragonborn on the battlefield; luck would have it she was directly behind a ~15 ft shard of rock sticking out of the ground. We had the choice of fighting or surrendering, but our bard had another idea. With a diplomacy (or bluff I can't remember) roll of 42 (did NOT crit) he convinced the commander that the machine god had beaten him to the punch and had taken the dragonborn back to its fortified city. The commander then turned his army around, and marched it towards the machine god.

And that was how we convinced a cult that their princess was in another castle.
Master Gunner

Postby Master Gunner » 27 Apr 2013, 17:53

So....we kinda just broke our DM's campaign (Diaspora, played in the DB chat).

Basically, we co-opted a scheme to mind-control a planet...a planet that we knew secretly had time travel technology to steal important monuments throughout history. So we turned the planet into a massive shipyard, and built the TARDIS.

We immediately used it to go back in time and end the mind-control scheme instead of co-opting it, leaving the universe unchanged but for our possession of a time machine. And some new servants.

Then again, this is the campaign where I am a giant were-space-whale, so...it was pretty much doomed from the start.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
DSmaster21
First Video: Friday Nights-Untap
Location: You will hear on the news one day. Zombies! Wait no disregard that random word.

Postby DSmaster21 » 27 Apr 2013, 18:36

One of our guys is no longer allowed to roll a particular d20. He got eight natural 20s in the first half hour of the scenario singlehandedly killing everything from the first two scenarios. He also killed everything in the fifth encounter when his ridiculous rolls caused everyone else to just let him go point. I know he didn't cheat because I at one point had him use some dice weighted for ones and he got a series of two digit numbers. Our team was not all present at character creation so we are killing off half our characters next week. I haven't decided how why our level 2 rogue and level one sorcerer thought they could take a dragon.
Self wrote: I lost my humanity back in 2013 BC ahhhh the good old days.

Ptangmatik wrote: We drew things on your face. Oh, and you're now legally called Clivendorf von Whiffenpoofle. Congratulations.
Sieg Reyu
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Sieg Reyu » 28 May 2013, 00:59

Pathfinder
Party consists of Lizardfolk Dragoon Fighter, Hobgoblin Samurai, and Myself as a Ratfolk Detective Bard.

We're a wondering ragtag group who travel the land, all for our own reasons. I'm in it for the glory, as a bard, I regale crowds with the stories of our exploits, but I always make myself the hero, despite what actually happened. I figure as a ratfolk, I have a sort of inferiority complex as I'm trying to compensate. So far, it's working.

Our GM throws Waterdeep into the mix and we arrived there, word of [s]our[/s] my deeds had reached days prior. As such we were warmly received by the guard, the head of which asked us to do a favor for him. m He needed us to go find a little girl who had disappeared into the sewers of waterdeep.

We navigate through mostly uneventfully, to find Skullport. Considering the races that make up our group, we blend in quite well. In asking around for the girl, we find out about a human slave for sale. He's worthless at everything, so he's cheap. But the head of the group, who initiated the trade, is terrible at bartering at won't leave his price of 5 gold, despite the fact we have tens of thousands. Eventually I intervene I buy him for the asking price of 8 gold.

Now I know if I just let him go, we're going to start getting looks right away. We also don't know if we can trust him, so in the interim, I decide to make him my pet, and start calling him Whiskers. He doesn't like it. I don't care. I don't do anything mean to him, but I do try to teach him how to fetch.

Stuff happens, we find the pirate cpatain who has the girl, we get in a find, turns out Whiskers is a Sorceror, but near the end of the fight, the sorceror grabs the girl and runs without us noticing. We take down the guy and immediately I notice they are both gone, but spot them making the way through the crowd. We catch up to them no problem and the Samurai knocks him down with a sizeable gash. He wants to finish him off, but I defend him and say that he was simply doing what he thought was the right thing. He just didn't know any better.

We get him patched up, tied up, gagged, and tie up the girl for good measure. We make our way out uneventfully and return the girl. Now comes the matter of what to do with Whiskers. The other two party memebers want to execute him and start to get the guard on their side. I know that he simply saw us as three humanoids who were buying slaves and did what he thought was best for the girl. I defend him and Convince the head of the guard that he was simply suffering from a cause of Sewer Madness. Which is why he is bound and gagged. He gets let off the hook.

Now I had already decided what I wanted for a reward. I was going to ask for a house for my new pet. In there I would store some of my wealth that i had accrued. He would basically be my house sitter. He gets free room and board, and can do whatever he wants him I'm not around. The only caveat is that I get to call him whiskers, and whenever I'm in town we play fetch for a little. I would do nothing to force him to say, he would be more than welcome to just leave immediately, with the only repercussion being that it would leave me heartbroken.

Turns out the head of the guard is in good with the masonry guild, so that reward is more than feasible, but when I lay out the full extent of my plan, the rest of the players at the GM look at me like I'm some kind of monster. They insist that the very suggestion is tantamount to slavery, when all I'm trying to do is give this guy an easy life after he's had such a rough one. I would also make myself look more eccentric, and everyone knows that the most powerful people are also eccentric, thereby securing the public image I'm trying to build.
Image Image Image
Master Gunner

Postby Master Gunner » 01 Jun 2013, 11:06

The DM for my bastardized Alternity game is far too lenient on letting me cast Mass Unnatural Lust.

Need to get information out of someone at a seedy bar? Unnatural Lust to cause a distraction.

Attacked by a Hydra? Unnatural Lust on half the heads, targeting the other half!

Surrounded by guards when entering a city? Unnatural Lust on EVERYONE! Including the party!

Sure, sometimes the rest of the party would like to fight rather than engaging in mass orgies. But I'm a bard, so free love all the way.

EDIT: Hiding from an Orc Priestess after having accidentally killed her brother? Make her fall in love with a nearby tree...forgetting that a party member had just disguised himself as a tree.
PlasmaCow
First Video: Desert Bus 4 / The Job

Postby PlasmaCow » 02 Jun 2013, 13:04

nothing terribly exciting, but just enjoyed a sunny sunday evening out on the deck playing Monopoly Deal and Tsuro with a couple mates and beers.
Keab42

Postby Keab42 » 03 Jun 2013, 14:12

In an incredible story twist my Paladin turned out to be not quite the worst paladin ever. Though the half-elf atheist is still better at praying to my god than I am...

Gotta hand it to our GM the story last night was epic.
PlasmaCow

Postby PlasmaCow » 03 Jun 2013, 14:38

So in our Dark Heresy campaign we've just posed as wealthy criminal clients and asked a dodgy PMC to kidnap an Arbites Judge we already pissed off earlier (who is, like us, investigating the kidnapping of the planetary governors daughter, possibly by the same PMC) so we could find out how they operate. This can't possibly go wrong.
My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 04 Jun 2013, 09:20

Reading through all these really makes me wish I could find a way to give RPG's another crack
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
Keab42

Postby Keab42 » 04 Jun 2013, 13:41

Google Hangouts are the way forward.
PlasmaCow

Postby PlasmaCow » 04 Jun 2013, 13:51

If you hunt around online you should be able to find sites and forums that organise play-by-post, Skype, google hangout or Roll20 campaigns for a huge range of the RPGs out there.
My Dark Heresy has been running over Skype for over 2 years now, currently with 4 Brits, a Swede and an American involved.
Jamfalcon
First Video: Killer Instinct

Postby Jamfalcon » 04 Jun 2013, 14:02

The Roll20 forum actually has a pretty good "Looking For Group" section, I was able to look on it for about ten minutes and find a game that had with a time, system, and concept that worked well for me.
"Jamfalcon's a super weird name" - Graham

I wrote a book!
AzureDragoon
First Video: ive been watching so long i cant remembe

Postby AzureDragoon » 06 Jun 2013, 07:59

I once had a D&D campaign where I was playing a pretty bad tempered elven druid. Throughout the campaign there was this reoccurring racists dwarf in stone armor that kept making snide comments towards my druid. So I used flesh to stone, combo with shape stone to turn him into a toilet. Then crapped in him and walked away. Needless to say I never saw that dwarf again. Mainly due to him dying once the flesh to stone wore off.
Why can't I hold all these Dragons - Scion EDH Deck
Experiments gone wrong - Melek, Izzet Paragon EDH Deck
BearForce1 - Gaddock Teeg EDH Deck
Jenelmo
First Video: Friday nights: Untap

Postby Jenelmo » 06 Jun 2013, 09:59

At my last Tabletop game (Pathfinder) our DM had given us a riddle in a poem on how to open a door, he was thinking it would take us no more than 5 minutes max, we used over a half hour because we over complicated it, we tried to test if it was a Caesar cipher,a Transposition ciphers and many more complicated ways.
The only thing we had to do to solve it was count the number of times a letter appeared in the poem, and as the solution was so simple the DM couldn't give a lot of hint without just giving us the answer.
In the end we solved it by trial and error losing a little life for each wrong answer
There must always be a Stark in the Moonbase
AzureDragoon
First Video: ive been watching so long i cant remembe

Postby AzureDragoon » 10 Jun 2013, 07:58

I kinda have to post about this past gaming session in a MTG inspired role playing game. So myself (a Izzet goblin) and an Azorius lawmage, a gruul vashino, and a golgari hunter had to removed a production plant that had been put into place by the Simic to "improve ravnicans" by mutating them. So out DM goes and asks us how we want to get into the facility so my izzet goblin goes "We Fly" and then overloads a summoning spell to summon a hoard of drakes that we ride to the facility and then dive through skylights and just completely wreck the place. My DM just kinda sat there with a look of why did I let you have that spell.
Why can't I hold all these Dragons - Scion EDH Deck
Experiments gone wrong - Melek, Izzet Paragon EDH Deck
BearForce1 - Gaddock Teeg EDH Deck
TheGhostOfZero
First Video: The Job

Postby TheGhostOfZero » 01 Jul 2013, 02:36

Playing D&D 3e with a couple of friends. We just started our campaign, two members of the party in a Drow patrol. All but one of them fail to kill a bunch of Peche, three of the five manage to run off. The find a Svirfneblin camp (with my character sitting in a corner playing with some stones), and the leader proceeds to pretend to be friendly towards the Svirfneblin leader (who fails his check against the leader's perform skill). Drow leader hugs the Svirfneblin and cuts his throat. Small skirmish starts between Drow and Svirfneblin, in which the other two player characters are absolutely useless.
My character gets seen and one-hit killed, but then the DM reads his campaign notes and finds an accidental Deus Ex Machina: a Hookbeast bursts through a wall, killing the Drow's sorcerer (much to the DM's dismay). My character bursts out of the shadows and breaks the Drow leader's neck. The Kobold slaves belonging to the Drow manage to halve the Hookbeast's health before all being insta-killed. The remaining Svirfneblin cast Blindness and Deafness on the Hookbeast before being killed. Just the PCs remaining, the other two completely fail to hit the Hookbeast while I've picked up a dagger and am impossible for it to hit courtesy of a massive AC, then I manage to kill it.
We find a puzzle door with a shrine inside, and I pick up a small yellowy-green stone and accidentally shoot a lightning bolt out of it. OOC, my friends and I start saying stuff like "it's a thunderstone!" "I evolve into a Raichu" when the DM shows his notes, where he's actually written "can be given to a mouse or other small rodent to turn it into a Pikachu."
Then we wrapped up.
/fingergun
Zero

Geoff_B wrote:I wish to complain. That last picture is not Kittens, it's the son of Sauron!
Mister Fiend wrote:Does that mean I get to violence someone? Please say yes.
Bergie
First Video: Man Cooking: Meatshroom

Postby Bergie » 04 Jul 2013, 14:29

My last tabletop session was at Origins where I was playing in a Battle Interactive. Here there were some 12-15 other tables and we were running the same adventure, with the the results of the other tables effecting how all other tables worked. It was pretty darn cool!
thatlaurachick
First Video: Unskippable: Devil May Cry

Postby thatlaurachick » 04 Jul 2013, 15:52

Keab42 wrote:In an incredible story twist my Paladin turned out to be not quite the worst paladin ever. Though the half-elf atheist is still better at praying to my god than I am...

Gotta hand it to our GM the story last night was epic.

Wait, what? HALF-WIT Atheist? I'm watching this thread now! Next time that paladin's stupid arse is in trouble he can save himself!

It's not my fault the my bluff is so high that Peace Through Vigilance thinks I'm really praying. Also, YOU got the sword of fancy awesomeness out of that adventure, all I got was some ale and drunk paladins. :P
I want a Pinkie launcher.
Duckay
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Duckay » 22 Jul 2013, 15:47

Had a fun time at PAX. Three of us were sitting around in the tabletop area while some of our friends were in a panel, when I noticed a guy sitting alone at a table with a "learn to play" sign. I found out he was teaching groups how to play Fiasco, so the three of us ended up playing.

In gangster London, the guy who was organizing the game was a criminal who had his eyes set on a skeezy businessman's vintage car. Said businessman ran a strip club, where my character was a bartender, and had a "not shagging" friendship relationship with one of the strippers there, who coincidentally knew the criminal from AA.

It was a grand tale, that ended with the bartender and the criminal breaking into the garage to make off with the car, wielding a katana to ensure it went well. The businessman got run over, the bartender was crushed, and the stripper and the criminal made off with the car. It still didn't end well for anyone.

Return to “Tabletop and D&D”