General Tabletop Discussion

Share your latest adventures with anything tabletop: RPGs, boardgames, miniatures, etc.
PlasmaCow
First Video: Desert Bus 4 / The Job

Re: General Tabletop Discussion

Postby PlasmaCow » 13 May 2013, 14:23

Yeah, Dropzone does look like fun, the models caused a huge stir when they were first unveiled at Salute! 2012 - especially as the entire range is designed by one guy and the original unveiling was of the 4 complete factions at once from out of nowhere with no prior promotion.
I'm not taken with the entire range, but there're certainly some excellent and well thought out designs.
DSmaster21
First Video: Friday Nights-Untap
Location: You will hear on the news one day. Zombies! Wait no disregard that random word.

Postby DSmaster21 » 15 May 2013, 10:46

I am starting up a campaign of 4e where I have the following storylines: (Assigned by, Backstory, Goal, Other info/how to find the target/s)

1. Captain of the Town Guard. Five Groups of Kobolds have been clashing over which of them has the best young dragon. Eliminate the groups and their dragons. Go after some mercenaries that the kobolds hired.

By this point most will be up to lv 3 or 4

2. Prerogative. Go after some cultist who have been using the magic nature of the dragon hearts to help to summon Orcus. Kill the cultists and their undead minions. The final Kobold Wyrmpriest tells them that the cultists have stolen the hearts of the dragons and calls the PCs fools yet conveniently reveals the lair of the cultists just before dying.

Lv. 5 or 6

3. Prerogative. Pursue the Blood of 20 through the portal. Kill the level 10 NPC that I created to be the cult leader. The Guy went through a portal follow and kill him.

Lv. 6 or 7

4./5. No man left to turn evil and Fulfill the quest for the innocent you killed/money. Deal with the magic crap that we found i.e. quest 1 defeat a Aaron (PC) who got possessed by the hand and eye of Vecna. quest 2 Use the magic gems that an NPC was searching for (before you killed them and found a scroll outlining an epic quest they were on proving that you should talk to the people before indiscriminately killing) to use on the epic quest that they pay you to help with. Defeat Aaron after a series of random encounters and Kill a lich with a magic weapon/s raised by 5 power levels for each of the 3 gems. Track Aaron and Map on corpse/follow the drow.

6 (Optional). Go raise Aaron from the dead, Aquisitions Incorporated Style.

6 (Option 2). Meet Jim Frostmagic the Second (Aaron's characters son who is miraculously the same age as his father.)

Please feel free to tell me what you think. (Yes, Aaron has agreed to the ideas about him turning evil and dying when the eye and hand consume his soul (he is kind of the buttmonkey of the group so I felt he was the best choice. The Psychotic Wizard who uses only cold spells is "eviler" than the sadistic warlock and Warlock of Self-Preservation.

Our team is hilarious. We have a Cleric who heavily leans towards melee combat and has very little healing but has the lowest hitpoints in the whole party. We have one warlock who always uses a spell to make himself invisible to one opponent and deal a little bit of damage rather than just kill the thing with his better main attack spell. One warlock who never shows up to play and chose the infernal pact ie a sadist as the owner wants me to reward his character for fights that he missed because he forgot about the dates for our two completed practice sessions. I am the team healer/commander/DM as all I do is heal my team and avoid using my character for anything important because I don't mix player knowledge with character knowledge (Also despite the fact that I have a tendency to roll 1s when playing as me and 13-15s as monsters (I had a game where I got one hit but it was awesome because I fumbled my sword into a brazier and so I added an extra 1d4 damage the next turn)). Our paladin has not shown up but he doesn't request any reward for not fighting so whatever when he has time he'll play. Our ranger is so gung-ho that he complains that my guy wasted a standard action to heal him. Our wizard (Aaron) has an obssession with ice magic (his only non-cold spell (that he will use (he has four of the at-will ones) is an acid blast that he chose so that when his wisdom goes up he can feat a boost to it and his cold spells) who has a major lust for power ie he is in the group because we go into really dangerous situations for several reasons. I like to think of my guy as a person who was reprimanded by the guard captain for some reason and now must lead a group of numbskulls on suicide missions that we will probably survive because my team is nuts.
Self wrote: I lost my humanity back in 2013 BC ahhhh the good old days.

Ptangmatik wrote: We drew things on your face. Oh, and you're now legally called Clivendorf von Whiffenpoofle. Congratulations.
My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 15 Jun 2013, 12:31

If anyone's interested, the game I'm currently 'in' (it hasn't actually started yet) is short on players so I'm putting out a plug. It's on Roll20, name of 'Endless Vogue of the Flying Worlds', system's basic roleplaying chaosium (pdf of the rules available in the game description, setting is futuristic type, played Saturdays at 8pm GMT (don't believe the time given in the description). If anyone is trying to, like me, get into tabletop gaming, you'll be in good company.
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 24 Jun 2013, 17:06

The main Pathfinder campaign I'm playing right now is the kind where we're meta-gaming carrying capacity of all things. We're also meta-gaming everything else, granted, but carrying capacity has had a particular focus since the last session.

Partly the party is worried that the DM may drop us into Tomb of Horrors at any moment. We've already had encounters that would be at home there. Partly I just like to spreadsheet things.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.

Return to “Tabletop and D&D”