Heroes Unlimited Play By Post?

Share your latest adventures with anything tabletop: RPGs, boardgames, miniatures, etc.
Prospero101
First Video: Feed Dump: Soldiers of Fortune

Re: Heroes Unlimited Play By Post?

Postby Prospero101 » 03 Nov 2014, 15:41

So if that's the case, when do we get started?
It's all over but the crying. And the taxes.

"Perfectionism might look good in his shiny shoes, but he's kind of an asshole and no one invites him to their pool parties."
My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 04 Nov 2014, 06:35

...when Omnicrat responds, one presumes.
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
Omnicrat
First Video: Loading Ready Run Premiers on Monday

Postby Omnicrat » 04 Nov 2014, 20:40

Sorry, sorry, been busy. Either will have it up before I go to bed or before I go to work.
Omnicrat

Postby Omnicrat » 06 Nov 2014, 11:56

... I didn't hit submit. And my selections are gone. And I don't have the list anymore. -_-. Can you resend me the PM?

Sorry again all.
Atifexe
First Video: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/v

Postby Atifexe » 07 Nov 2014, 08:26

I've resent the list. I've also sent you my email address, in case conversing that way would be easier.
Omnicrat

Postby Omnicrat » 10 Nov 2014, 14:22

Alright, here we go.

Holistic Medicine
Martial Arts
Research
Writing
Airplane (custom flying vehicle?)
Astronomy
Heavy Weapons

As written but not posted... two days ago now? Sorry again.
Omnicrat

Postby Omnicrat » 10 Nov 2014, 14:22

I really need to stop doing this right before bed... :P
Tzimisce
First Video: it's magic

Postby Tzimisce » 11 Nov 2014, 00:28

Id be very intrested but i lost track on my HU book.
I am Tzimisce.
I am incredibly warped and Twisted...
Would you like to be, too?
My Mom passed away Oct 14 2015, looking for some light in the darkness. Seeking help for final costs.
http://www.gofundme.com/gzmie4
Atifexe

Postby Atifexe » 11 Nov 2014, 18:56

Shouldn't be a problem, Tzimisce, we can work around that. The best place to start, I think, would be coming up with one or two character concepts, from which we can figure out powers, education, etc.

Some things to bear in mind: Once we get going, I would like to be sure everyone will be able to post within 48 hours of their turn coming up. Ideally, I'd like to be able to collect an email address from each player so that I can send a reminder 24 hours after your turn's come round, in the event you haven't already posted.

Perhaps I should detail my thoughts a little more thoroughly...

I'd like it if everyone could commit to posting within 48 hours of their turn coming up and, should something come up to prevent that, making every reasonable effort to let me know they're going to be unable to. If you don't think you can commit to this, but still really want to play, we can do a solo thread or a PM game instead, with the possibility of crossing over with the main thread if and where the storylines converge.

Omnicrat, I'll put together your character sheet tonight and send it to you in a PM within 24 hours. After that I need to do another once-over of Prospero's sheet to cover a couple things I missed, and then I'll be able to set the game thread up. Tzimisce, I'll write you in once we have your character ready to go. Does that sound good to everyone?
Prospero101

Postby Prospero101 » 11 Nov 2014, 19:11

Sounds good to me. I can pretty easily commit to a post within 48 hours of my turn, though I'll probably be making use of those reminders more than once. I'll PM you my email address, Atifexe.

"Perfectionism might look good in his shiny shoes, but he's kind of an asshole and no one invites him to their pool parties."
Omnicrat

Postby Omnicrat » 11 Nov 2014, 19:49

I'm going to Chicago weekend after next, so can't post within 48 hours then if my turn comes up, otherwise I should be fine.

This, of course, assumes I hit submit :P
My pseudonym is Ix

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 12 Nov 2014, 00:53

I'm on the forums most every day so that deadline shouldn't be a problem. Just be prepared to bear with me on the system- I've never played Heroes Unlimited before, so not really sure what to expect mechanically.

Email address should have just been sent to you.
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
Tzimisce

Postby Tzimisce » 12 Nov 2014, 02:03

I work nights at a hotel. So the posting would be no issue in posting.

Now i remember there was a fully random tables for making the major bulk character. I can play anything.... so let the dice desicde for me please
I am Tzimisce.
My Mom passed away Oct 14 2015, looking for some light in the darkness. Seeking help for final costs.
Atifexe

Postby Atifexe » 12 Nov 2014, 07:36

Ix, I'm anticipating that everyone will need a bit to get used to the system. Generally speaking, when each person's turn comes up, they'll make a post saying what they're doing, and then I'll make a post detailing the results (if necessary, that is - if the players are only talking amongst themselves, my interjection should largely be unnecessary). If for some reason it's an action that only that player would know the results of, I'll provide them either by PM or by email, whichever the player prefers. Then I'll state whose turn it is next.

Tzimisce, are you sure you want a full random character? You'll still have to select skills (it should be no problem to send you the appropriate lists to choose from) and come up with a character backstory, and if you're sure you want me to roll for you, I can definitely do that.
Tzimisce

Postby Tzimisce » 12 Nov 2014, 08:59

I am sure psychic hampster me. Quick and simple.. every table from occ rcc powers and then ill pick skills. :)
muntant, super spy, psychic, magic, animal, vegable, rock.
I am Tzimisce.
Atifexe

Postby Atifexe » 12 Nov 2014, 10:04

For the purposes of this particular campaign, everyone's playing a mutant with two minor powers to start, which will grow and change as the player advances. That much isn't random. What the powers actually are, however...

First Power: Seismic Power from Powers Unlimited 1.
You can sense vibrations in the surface on which you're standing, which allows you to estimate the size and distance of explosions, vehicles, and at close range, even people. You can gauge the size, force, and epicenter of earthquakes within 1000 miles. You can create directed or localized (centered on you) seismic tremors for the purpose of knocking down/stunning people, and if the need arises you can focus energy into a vehicle or building to try to shake it apart, though this prevents any other action for the duration. This power requires you to be in contact with a surface to benefit.
Second Power: Flight: Winged from the HU core book.
You have actual, physical wings! These aren't summoned and dismissed at will, unfortunately, so hiding your identity might be difficult. You can carefully restrain and hide them under a large coat if need be, at which point you'll look a bit like a hunchback and suffer some penalties due to being restrained. On the plus side, when you let them loose and have room to maneuver, you are a force to be reckoned with. Dice are saying they're insectile in appearance, so I'm picturing dragonfly-style wings.
Appearance Mutations: The development of your powers also resulted in your hair being streaked with metallic red and gold strands.
Education Level: Three years of college. You get to select three skill programs (available options are under the first Collapse in this post). You also get to select eight secondary skills from the list that I will PM to you after I post this.

Notes: Prior to the events of the campaign, mutants with super powers did not exist. The players, whether they know it or not, were hand picked by the organization that is now working to recruit them, and abilities were implanted or awakened to assist in this endeavor. Therefore, while you may have always been aware of vibrations and been able to sense their direction and source, it is only recently (within the last two weeks) that you gained the ability to summon and direct seismic attacks, and the wings appeared in the same time period. During that time, you received contact from an individual who knows more about you than they reasonably should, who calmly explained what was happening and assisted you in coming to terms with the events.

Optional Extras:
Since I was on a random gen kick, I also did up a few extra rolls for background stuff. Feel free to disregard any or all of this when writing up your character's background - I really only did it because I wanted to roll more dice.
  • First born of four.
  • Well above average in height (may turn into Giant power later?)
  • Good guy disposition - friendly, courteous, hospitable.
  • Life savings of around $7000
  • From the United States.
  • Grew up in a small town.
Tzimisce

Postby Tzimisce » 12 Nov 2014, 14:25

Medical assistant,
Phyical/ahletic,
Domestic.
He was training to be an emt first responder untill this happened
I am Tzimisce.
Tzimisce

Postby Tzimisce » 12 Nov 2014, 14:33

Medical assistant,
Phyical/ahletic,
Domestic.
He was training to be an emt first responder untill this happened he was on a footbal scollership

Prowl
Seduction
Streetwise
radio basic
land navagation
Consealment
I am Tzimisce.
My pseudonym is Ix

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 15 Nov 2014, 10:02

...bump?

I'm presuming we'll be waiting to start until after Desert Bus?
Omnicrat

Postby Omnicrat » 15 Nov 2014, 11:42

I was wondering that myself... gettting worried UI missed an Email or something. Maybe he's just scripting out the first few things?
Omnicrat

Postby Omnicrat » 20 Nov 2014, 12:22

...So this is dead, then?
My pseudonym is Ix

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 20 Nov 2014, 13:44

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if our dear GM has taken the week off from the forums. Give him time, I think.
Prospero101

Postby Prospero101 » 20 Nov 2014, 20:44

Patience, young grasshopper.

If you want, we can discuss the status quo of our characters before our story begins. Get a little worldbuilding going to get the juices flowing.

My pseudonym is Ix

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 21 Nov 2014, 00:09

I like that idea!

I'm thinking for mine that he less joined the team so much as 'was picked up' by the organisation, as much to prevent him causing damage as anything else. He thus spends a non-zero amount of his time whining about the things he's been taken away from/can no longer do, and will be slightly hostile initially towards the rest of you guys simply to maintain appearances. Has basically no leadership potential, only a prideful refusal to back down if an argument ensues.

That do for starters?
Tzimisce

Postby Tzimisce » 21 Nov 2014, 03:20

My guy was an emt or studding to become one before the change. He was a track and football star and that carried over well. Fast pace and hearty... until a point. He rushed in to save a scientest. And the change happened. Presumed dead by his peers and only the scientest to know of his wearabouts. He is here to protect others and protect the world from himself.
I am Tzimisce.

Return to “Tabletop and D&D”