Heroes Unlimited Play By Post?

Share your latest adventures with anything tabletop: RPGs, boardgames, miniatures, etc.
Tzimisce
First Video: it's magic

Re: Heroes Unlimited Play By Post?

Postby Tzimisce » 21 Nov 2014, 03:20

My guy was an emt or studding to become one before the change. He was a track and football star and that carried over well. Fast pace and hearty... until a point. He rushed in to save a scientest. And the change happened. Presumed dead by his peers and only the scientest to know of his wearabouts. He is here to protect others and protect the world from himself.
I am Tzimisce.
I am incredibly warped and Twisted...
Would you like to be, too?
My Mom passed away Oct 14 2015, looking for some light in the darkness. Seeking help for final costs.
http://www.gofundme.com/gzmie4
Belgarion
First Video: The Wire

Postby Belgarion » 21 Nov 2014, 05:56

If possible I would dearly like to play in this game. Please send me an email ([email protected]) with a link to the game if I am allowed to play. I have an idea for a character that is a Police Officer who doesn't realize he has gained super-powers from a mysterious encounter with some alien substance.

I really hope to hear from you soon so we can discuss the idea I have for a character.

EDIT: Just to let you know I own the following books for Heroes Unlimited: Heroes Unlimited Main Book, Villains Unlimited, Aliens Unlimited, and the 3 Powers Unlimited Books.

My character would be what I call an accidental experiment. He's wanted to be a police officer all his life and shortly after graduating from the policing program (police basic training)but before starting in the force, he was camping and had an encounter with a weird red puff ball the came from space and accidentally inhaled some of the spores from it. These spores are what caused his super powers.

Also using your thread where you describe how to roll stats I cam up with the following (though I'm not sure how they end up with an IQ of 110 and higher)

IQ: 11 (my guess is multiply by 10? so 110)
ME: 19 rolled 16 + 3 for extra d6
MA: 10
PS: 11
PP: 11
PE: 12
PB: 9
SPD: 14
Last edited by Belgarion on 21 Nov 2014, 08:44, edited 3 times in total.
If the scapegoat ever goes extinct, who are we going to blame?
Omnicrat
First Video: Loading Ready Run Premiers on Monday

Postby Omnicrat » 21 Nov 2014, 06:58

My character is basically "What if Steve Rogers had Tony Stark's mind?"

A colledge graduate at the age of 16, Robert Fitzgerald was considered to be an expert in a number of disparate fields (along with being a "hobbiest" in medicen and heavy weapons), though his primary talent lay in the field of robotics. Quickly picked up by a minor military contractor that focused on tech that would also have civilian aplications (though he recieved many MUCH more lucrative job offers, none of them would let him truly do what he wanted), Robert began working on many projects from robotic prosthetic to non-lethal warfare to Power Armor, along with a few pet projects in creating more efficient foodstuffs and automated systems.

A few months ago, something changed. No one really noticed at first (Robert had always been gifted) but suddenly he began having breakthroughs in project after project after project, finishing some himself in a matter of weeks that would have taken a dedicated team a matter of months.

Oddly, shortly after Robert noticed his own increased technical proclivity his company's contracts dried up and they were forced to close down, leaving him out of a job and, for the first time in his life, with no one pounding on his door to recruit him for their company. That is when They showed up, and that is where our mutual story begins.

sidenote: Hm... going over my skills I wonder if its possible to sub out writing for biology...
Prospero101
First Video: Feed Dump: Soldiers of Fortune

Postby Prospero101 » 21 Nov 2014, 08:08

My character is a hitman for the Yakuza, operating out of mainland Japan. His name is Kenji Watanabe, but his passport says Kenji Yamaguchi and most of his clients know him as Mr. Black.

Kenji travels all over the world doing his job. He has permission from his superiors to operate freelance with the caveat that he may be called upon at any time and must answer without question when they call. When he's not working he can be found living in Tokyo, reading, meditating or participating in unlicensed karate matches in Tokyo's surprisingly fetishistic underside.

Kenji has no reason to believe that he has superhuman abilities. He has trained to be a peak mental and physical specimen for most of his life, and in his eyes his abilities are merely an extension of his training and dedication. If you told him he was superhuman, he probably wouldn't believe you.

I haven't quite figured out how he gets contacted by Them, but I'm sure we'll think of something.
It's all over but the crying. And the taxes.

"Perfectionism might look good in his shiny shoes, but he's kind of an asshole and no one invites him to their pool parties."
Atifexe
First Video: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/v

Postby Atifexe » 21 Nov 2014, 11:43

I feel like this thread alone is an example of how awesome the LRR community is.

To explain my absence: I had a couple of days right before Desert Bus started where I was feeling really terrible, and I wasn't able to get anything done. Then Desert Bus kicked in and even though I had plans as to what to do during, they didn't survive first contact.I had had every intention of getting the game thread set up and posted during Desert Bus so that we could start immediately once it had wrapped up. I apologize for dropping the ball.

Anywhere else, the topic creator disappearing for over a week would have killed the game. Here, however, you folks have used it as an opportunity to flesh out your characters, giving more backstory so that you know not just what to expect from each other, but how your characters would likely interact. For me, this is a source of a significant amount of additional material I can use to adjust the game and make it fit with each of you.

I really appreciate all of you sticking through this. I'll get the game thread up as soon as I can. In the mean time, something to bear in mind is that the first scene we will be playing out will involve your first meeting with each other. Here's an excerpt from what will be my first post:

You meet your contact at a local restaurant or cafe or the like, and he takes you into the back room so you can discuss things more privately, except it's not quite the back room. Stepping across the threshold, you find yourself emerging from a door to a back room in a cafe in Paris and stepping into its bright interior. Outside, you can clearly see the Eiffel Tower in the distance. Each of you perceive that the only occupied table has your contact and the other members of the group already sitting at it - a temporal glitch that corrects itself only as you're instructed to sit. In that moment, everyone sitting at the table appears to stand up and blur in reverse to their actual standing positions, and your contact divides into eight identical forms, one standing next to each member of the group and the remaining acting as the staff of the cafe.

I'll go into more detail about the cafe when I make the actual post. I will also send you an email soon, Belgarion. I may ask that you tweak your origin story a bit to fit with the game setting, and I hope we can work something out that keeps you feeling excited to play.

To everyone: Thank you. I'll get to work right away.
Prospero101

Postby Prospero101 » 21 Nov 2014, 12:42

We may have already discussed this, but we should probably start a separate game thread and use this one for characters and OOC discussion.

"Perfectionism might look good in his shiny shoes, but he's kind of an asshole and no one invites him to their pool parties."
Omnicrat

Postby Omnicrat » 21 Nov 2014, 13:07

Well, he keeps saying "game thread" so I assume he means IC thread.

Also, I am no going to chicago for a few days and will be unable to post. You can all blame me (again :P) for the delay.
Tzimisce

Postby Tzimisce » 22 Nov 2014, 16:24

can i get all my character stats messaged to me?
I am Tzimisce.
My Mom passed away Oct 14 2015, looking for some light in the darkness. Seeking help for final costs.
Belgarion

Postby Belgarion » 23 Nov 2014, 11:38

For the record I have the character ( the second one) I pm'd you about pretty much completely done on paper. I will be happy to post it, in its entirety, if I am allowed to play.
Omnicrat

Postby Omnicrat » 23 Nov 2014, 20:04

Back
Atifexe

Postby Atifexe » 24 Nov 2014, 16:29

Believe it or not, it's wording that's holding me up right now. >_< I'm working on character sheets while I try to sort it out, and Belgarion, I got your messages. I'll reply to you as soon as I can.
Tzimisce

Postby Tzimisce » 25 Nov 2014, 01:17

Ah the joys of not being the GM
I am Tzimisce.
Atifexe

Postby Atifexe » 25 Nov 2014, 20:51

Tzimisce, do you have a name for your character?
Omnicrat

Postby Omnicrat » 26 Nov 2014, 11:10

How do you think your character will react to the other players?

For me, I think its gonna be...

Kenji) Depending on how open he is with his personal life/past as an assassin, I can see this interaction going VERY differently, but most likely it will be distrust with the occasional philosophical diatribe about how you should work for the greater good for reasons, but less preachy than that sounds in this summary.

Douglas Ferguson) Given your general hostile and stubborn attitude, but lack of any overt "badness", Robert will probably try to understand you better and reason with you, get you to understand things better and help you to progress as a functional member of the team.

Tzimisce [no character name]) Probably get along with you pretty well. You were a victim of circumstance who already wanted to help people before they got powers.

Belgarion [no character name]) No clue, you didn't post your new detailed backstory :P

They) Remember how Steve Rogers reacted to the helecarier fleet when he first saw it, and his general attitude towards shield in Captain America 2? A more severe version of that. If we as characters are not told who They are, he will try and find out. If we are told, he will still try to find out more. Who watches the watchers?
My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 26 Nov 2014, 11:37

...on the subject of which, what was your character's name again Omnicrat?
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
Belgarion

Postby Belgarion » 26 Nov 2014, 12:08

I'm not sure if I am even allowed to play but I'll put up a character background for the other players to see(it might change depending on what the GM says):

Character Name: Alexander Hollman

Growing up on a farm in rural Ontario Canada, Alex was no stranger to hard work. As the third of five children, and having 2 older brothers, the chances of inheriting the family farm were very slim. Rather than be bitter and brood over that fact Alex decided to join the military as soon as he turned 18.

Even as a youngster, Alex had a passion for languages. Even more surprising was the fact that he seemed to have a sort of supernatural propensity to learn them. By the time he had graduated from high school he had pretty much taught himself 5 languages, with minimal help from various teachers, over an above his native English.

Alex enjoyed life in the military very much but several strange incidents caused him to stand out and not in a good way. His ears seemed to becoming more and more pointed and his skin began to take on a rather reptilian look. Scaly and tough looking. In fact several of his companions commented on it many times, but Alex had no explanation for it.

Not long after the comments began Alex was approached by a mysterious stranger who seemed to know far too much about the young man.

Alex is laid back and easy going, loves working in a group and is fiercely loyal to those he calls friend.

OOC: I sure hope this is ok with Atifexe.

Edit: spaced out the paragraphs to make reading it easier.

Edit 2: The character I mentioned in my first post was thought up before I had read the entire thread, so it go put away for now.
Atifexe

Postby Atifexe » 26 Nov 2014, 12:41

Omnicrat's character's name is Robert Fitzgerald - or at least, that's the one I found in their posts about it when I was compiling the sheet. You're free to change it if you'd like, Omnicrat.

Belgarion, I thought I'd said a while back that we'd work out your character and then write you in to the campaign after it had begun. If I didn't, I apologize, as that has been my intent. I'm waiting on working out your character with you until I get the actual game going, because I've wound up delaying quite a bit on this already and I'm concerned adding another character before starting will result in more time to wait. As it is, I'm trying to decide whether to wait for Tzimisce's character name (the last thing I need to finish their character sheet), or get the game started and write the character in later.
Belgarion

Postby Belgarion » 26 Nov 2014, 14:35

Actually you never said anything beyond acknowledging you got my messages. However I apologize for jumping the gun.

On a bright note though, I am very familiar with Heroes Unlimited and making a character, so it will make it much easier when you get to me as the character is pretty much done on paper.

If you like I can type it up and send it to you so you can look it over and make changes if needed at your leisure.
Omnicrat

Postby Omnicrat » 26 Nov 2014, 16:22

Still Robert Fitzgerald. Has a scientisty feel to it.
Belgarion

Postby Belgarion » 29 Nov 2014, 11:38

Is there going to be an official dice roller for the game? I did have the one mentioned in this thread bookmarked, but when I tried to go there today I was told "Domain Name Expired"

Just curious.
Atifexe

Postby Atifexe » 30 Nov 2014, 17:19

I'm sad to see that Invisible Castle has finally gone. I've used it, if memory serves me correctly, since the early 2000s.

That said, I found this site that seems like it could fill the void. As an added bonus, by using the 'save [name]' and 'load [name]' functions, we can keep track of rolls as needed without having to provide links to roll results. We'll just need a unique name for each character, which should be pretty easy.
Last edited by Atifexe on 01 Dec 2014, 08:18, edited 1 time in total.
Prospero101

Postby Prospero101 » 30 Nov 2014, 17:21

Hey Atifexe, did you ever get around to updating my character sheet? I'd like to have it on hand now that gameplay is underway.

Atifexe

Postby Atifexe » 01 Dec 2014, 09:12

Updated character sheet has been sent, Prospero.

In regards to inventories, which are not included in current character sheets, the one week of lead time in the game thread is intended so that players can gather what they need and be prepared. When we're ready to begin the first mission, I'll send out inventory sheets. This is mostly so that Omnicrat's character has a chance to whip up an invention or two if they feel so inclined; once everyone is ready, we'll fast forward through any remaining time and jump right in to the mission.

Also, it was brought to my attention that the new dice roller link that I'd posted was apparently broken. I believe I have rectified that now.
Belgarion

Postby Belgarion » 01 Dec 2014, 10:53

Atifexe For some reason the dice rolling site you linked to will not open on my computer...so there was nothing wrong with your link the first time around. However, I can access the site using my ipad, for some strange reason. Hopefully that will work well enough for my rolls in the game.

If you have setup a room on the site,,,then I can join it using the same nickname as I use on here, and do my rolling through my ipad. Hopefully that will work.
Omnicrat

Postby Omnicrat » 05 Dec 2014, 13:00

It has come to my attention that I might not be getting emails for all the PMs I am being sent, as the only email I got was telling me it was my turn to talk, but I didn't receive a link for the game.

Return to “Tabletop and D&D”