Heroes Unlimited Gameplay Thread

Share your latest adventures with anything tabletop: RPGs, boardgames, miniatures, etc.
Atifexe
First Video: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/v

Re: Heroes Unlimited Gameplay Thread

Postby Atifexe » 21 Jan 2015, 13:33

You easily bounce to a height of six feet, far out of the path of the shot. It harmlessly hits the wall behind you. (Dodging costs you your next turn as you recover)

Prospero is next.
Prospero101
First Video: Feed Dump: Soldiers of Fortune

Postby Prospero101 » 21 Jan 2015, 13:48

I'm going to peek around the corner and unload into that robot who had the audacity to invade my personal space. My roll is 18 unmodified.
It's all over but the crying. And the taxes.

"Perfectionism might look good in his shiny shoes, but he's kind of an asshole and no one invites him to their pool parties."
Atifexe

Postby Atifexe » 22 Jan 2015, 19:54

The robot reacts by attempting to dodge in the direction it was already moving, but the attack comes much too fast. It takes the shots full in the chest and staggers.

(I assume you're firing with both weapons simultaneously. For each weapon, I'll need you to roll 4d6x2 damage. Then, it will be Omnicrat's turn.)
Prospero101

Postby Prospero101 » 22 Jan 2015, 20:10

Kenji is something out of a John Woo movie. Of course he's firing with both weapons simultaneously.

First gun (which I'm calling "Love"): 4d6 = 15 x 2 = 30
Second gun ("Hate"): 4d6 = 9 x 2 = 18

"Perfectionism might look good in his shiny shoes, but he's kind of an asshole and no one invites him to their pool parties."
Omnicrat
First Video: Loading Ready Run Premiers on Monday

Postby Omnicrat » 24 Jan 2015, 13:02

Turning to the Robot who is in the Doorway, Robert targets the upper half of the Robot's body who is blocking the doorway.

(I rolled a 20... maybe we should stop using rolz?)
Atifexe

Postby Atifexe » 25 Jan 2015, 20:00

Unfortunately, the robot in the doorway is actually outside the maximum range of your weapon. A voice in the back of your head warns you even as you squeeze the trigger that this is the case, giving you just enough time to adjust your aim.

(The resin gun can only effectively fire ten feet, while you are about twice that distance from the robot in the doorway based on your last stated action of walking away from them. You are, however, in range of both the robot that is already gooped and the one that Kenji just pummeled with a hail of gunfire. Your roll result will be retained for the selection of a new target.)
Omnicrat

Postby Omnicrat » 25 Jan 2015, 22:12

(I more meant "make as if to back away" but it doesn't really matter)

Quickly correcting his near terrible mistake, Rober targets the upper half of the already immoblized robot, thinking I might actually get one of these robots out of this!

(When the Robot says plea, I'm going to shout innocent as quickly as possible and see if that does anything)
Atifexe

Postby Atifexe » 26 Jan 2015, 21:21

The glob coats the robot's torso and splashes along its arms. It reflexively attempts to struggle free, but only manages to goop itself further in the process. It opens its mouth to speak. ""Charge: Assaulting a peace officer. Plea: - "
Omnicrat

Postby Omnicrat » 27 Jan 2015, 12:03

"NOT GUILTY!!!" Robert quickly shouts at the top of his lungs. No idea if this will have any effect on the robot at all, even so much as effective confusion, but an attempt is better than nothing.

I literally just woke up and wrote innocent as my plea at first, this is the edit. :P
Atifexe

Postby Atifexe » 29 Jan 2015, 12:57

The robot pauses its vocalization, seeming to take a second to process the situation before resuming. "Plea: Denied. Verdict: Guilty. Sentence: Execution. Additional Charge: Perjury. Verdict: Guilty. Sentence: Execution."

((Well, it changed its phrasing at least. >_> Next up would be Ix, but that dodge cost an action.))

As Dougie lands and prepares to act again, the now heavily-gooped robot attempts to scrape the resin from its upper body. The resin around its legs has hardened to the point where it almost cannot move; in only a few more seconds, it will be as hard as rock.

Next to act is the first of the robots in combat with Dougie. It responds to the bouncing Scotsman by attempting to clamp a hand on his shoulder.

((Parry or dodge are both options here.))
My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 29 Jan 2015, 14:28

Attempt to parry. Roll of 6
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
Atifexe

Postby Atifexe » 29 Jan 2015, 15:22

Despite the swift reaction, Dougie is unable to knock the hand aside before it clamps down on his shoulder. The grip is vise-like, without any hint of hesitation or even the flex found in human hands. Bouncing vertically is unlikely to be an option at this point.

The robot under Kenji's barrage is unable to act as it recovers from its failed attempt to dodge.

Having just stood up, the robot that fell at Dougie's feet also attempts to grab him, in an attempt to immobilize him.

((Since your last turn, you've used two parries; this means that the next one will cost an action if you choose to react in that way. You may also attempt to dodge by twisting out of reach, or if you're willing to accept being grabbed, you can choose to attempt a simultaneous strike, using your next action to attack in place of defending yourself. If you would rather save your last action for the round for your next turn, you have the option of doing nothing at all.))
My pseudonym is Ix

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 30 Jan 2015, 11:23

I'm getting out of here- dodging out of the way if at all possible. Do I need to roll this?
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
Atifexe

Postby Atifexe » 30 Jan 2015, 16:32

You will need to roll, yes. Due to the hand that has already successfully clamped onto your shoulder, and due to the strength and weight of the robot it's attached to, you aren't able to fully disengage. You could attempt to dodge by bouncing into the robot that's already holding you, but you'd likely injure yourself a little in the process. On the up side, if you manage to knock it down, it'll have to let go of you.
My pseudonym is Ix

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 30 Jan 2015, 16:57

Impact resistance is there for a reason- into the bot! Roll of 11
Atifexe

Postby Atifexe » 30 Jan 2015, 19:51

You plant your feet and bounce towards the robot with its hand on your shoulder, feeling your shoulder being squeezed painfully in its grip. The sudden movement and weight throws both of you off balance, but you easily bounce back to your feet after the robot releases you in a failed attempt to stop itself from hitting the ground. Behind you, the attempt to grab hits nothing but empty air.

The last robot to act is the one in front of the door. It responds by targeting Robert with its energy weapon and firing a blast, but the shot misses entirely.

((Next is Kenji.))
Prospero101

Postby Prospero101 » 30 Jan 2015, 19:54

Kenji is going to pour lead into that same robot until it explodes. My roll is 15 unmodified.

Atifexe

Postby Atifexe » 30 Jan 2015, 20:09

The robot makes an attempt to escape the continued barrage, but appears to do nothing more than twitch under the hail of bullets striking home.

((Again, 4d6x2 damage for each weapon, please.))
Prospero101

Postby Prospero101 » 30 Jan 2015, 20:12

Love: 8 x 2 = 16
Hate: 20 x 2 = 40

Atifexe

Postby Atifexe » 30 Jan 2015, 20:27

The robot is clearly badly damaged, with holes visible in its chestplate. It's now twitching involuntarily, and fluid is visibly leaking from it. It's not down yet, however.

((Next is Omnicrat))
Omnicrat

Postby Omnicrat » 31 Jan 2015, 10:32

Moving back towards the Robot in the doorway, Rober fires a stream of resin at it torso.

(and possibly somehow hits Kenji, because I rolled a 1 :/)
Atifexe

Postby Atifexe » 03 Feb 2015, 00:13

I've been thinking about possible effects, and I'm not sure which to go with, so I'm going to have you roll another d20 and post the result here. Because of where you were trying to aim, though, you're more likely to hit Dougie than Kenji.
Omnicrat

Postby Omnicrat » 03 Feb 2015, 11:52

... and of COURSE this time I roll a 20. :/ That is probably VERY bad...
Atifexe

Postby Atifexe » 03 Feb 2015, 17:27

A critically successful failure!

There's a hissing followed by a weird vibration sensation from within the weapon as you pull the trigger. Initially, nothing comes out. The pause is full of almost tangible tension. Then, all at once, a giant glob followed by a steady stream sprays out, coating a much larger area than expected - Dougie and both robots he is engaged with wind up coated! When the stream sputters out, you realize that the weapon just discharged all of its pressure, and that it'll be necessary to act quickly to prevent your ally from being encased along with the machines.

((My next post will be made tomorrow afternoon.))
Atifexe

Postby Atifexe » 06 Feb 2015, 10:51

(("Tomorrow afternoon" came and went. My apologies. >_<))

Almost completely covered in goop, the first robot struggles ineffectually to act. Its legs have solidified to the point where they can no longer move.

Next is the robot that missed on its attempt to grab Dougie. Now coated in goop, it lets out a burbly "Emergency" and attempts to remove the goop from itself.

The robot in front of the door opens its mouth and begins emitting an extremely loud, shrill tone, not unlike a car alarm amplified to the level of a jet engine. It crouches, then launches itself in a jump over the fence, as if attempting to circle the building away from the attackers and get help.

The robot Dougie knocked down attempts to push itself up, but the goop now coating it makes its efforts difficult. It manages to get standing but the process only serves to spread the resin across its body.

((Being knocked down causes the victim to lose initiative and drop to the end of the initiative order, and the robot getting shot up by Kenji lost its action to its failed dodge attempt)).

((Kenji is next, getting two more actions before the end of the round, during which time no one else has any actions remaining)).

Return to “Tabletop and D&D”