Heroes Unlimited Gameplay Thread

Share your latest adventures with anything tabletop: RPGs, boardgames, miniatures, etc.
Prospero101
First Video: Feed Dump: Soldiers of Fortune

Re: Heroes Unlimited Gameplay Thread

Postby Prospero101 » 13 Mar 2015, 07:35

The gunshot rips open the sleeve of Kenji's suit jacket and shirt, causing him to cry out in pain and frustration. "That...was my favorite...suit!"

Kenji is going to try his best to fire back at the source of the gunfire. Do I need to roll to figure that out or can I just fire? I made rolls for both: 14 to find, and nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nineteen to hit.
It's all over but the crying. And the taxes.

"Perfectionism might look good in his shiny shoes, but he's kind of an asshole and no one invites him to their pool parties."
Atifexe
First Video: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/v

Postby Atifexe » 17 Mar 2015, 10:18

Though you can't really see your target, it's pretty easy to gauge where they are from where the highest concentration of holes in the plastic. You aren't certain whether or not you hit them, however - you'll have to either get past the plastic or wait for larger holes to be blasted in it to tell for sure.

(Please roll damage, and then it's Dougie's turn)
Prospero101
First Video: Feed Dump: Soldiers of Fortune

Postby Prospero101 » 17 Mar 2015, 11:51

4d6 x 2 right?

Love: 28
Hate: 32
It's all over but the crying. And the taxes.

"Perfectionism might look good in his shiny shoes, but he's kind of an asshole and no one invites him to their pool parties."
My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 17 Mar 2015, 13:28

Dougie doesn't like these wusses hiding out of sight, so begins slicing the plastic to shreds with the trench knives. Does this need a roll?
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
Atifexe

Postby Atifexe » 17 Mar 2015, 14:16

I don't think there's any need to roll for that, but I will ask you to clarify whether you're just randomly trying to shred the plastic or if you're trying to cut a section out of it to make an opening.
My pseudonym is Ix

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 17 Mar 2015, 14:25

Basically just cut as much of it down as I can in the time available, so that Kenji can see through
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
Atifexe

Postby Atifexe » 17 Mar 2015, 14:32

You could probably, especially if you're trying to push your way through, create a human-sized opening in that time. That would leave you on the other side of the plastic.
My pseudonym is Ix

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 17 Mar 2015, 15:01

Sounds good, let's go with that
Omnicrat
First Video: Loading Ready Run Premiers on Monday

Postby Omnicrat » 17 Mar 2015, 16:03

That means Robert is up? Is there a large enough hole in the plastic for Robert to have line of sight on the people shooting at us at this point?
Atifexe

Postby Atifexe » 19 Mar 2015, 11:05

Once on the other side, Dougie finds himself in an office area. Two desks with computers full the floor space, with an office along the front wall and two cells built into the back wall. The cell doors are open, and the interiors have several cots set up, as if they're being used as bunks. More importantly, in each cell is a humanoid figure clad head to toe in highly polished armor and wielding an assault rifle.

From where you are, Robert, you are able to see the desks, but not a lot else.
Omnicrat

Postby Omnicrat » 24 Mar 2015, 08:11

(oh, sorry for some reason I thought Dougie could still do something)

Robert walks through the hole getting ready to goop the one or two assailants he's expecting to see. Adrenaline pumping from the bullet wound and him not noticing it consciously.
Atifexe

Postby Atifexe » 25 Mar 2015, 14:40

As with Dougie, once you're on the other side of the plastic, you can see the two men in armor.

When Robert walks through, the man in the cell furthest from the door raises his rifle threateningly. A "Freeze! Stay right where you are!" emanates from a speaker on the exterior of the helmet he's wearing. A slight twitch of his head indicates that he's speaking to Dougie as well.

The man in the cell closer to the door moves forward, peering through the hole in the plastic. Upon seeing Kenji with weapons drawn, he shouts something unintelligible and opens fire while attempting to return to the relative safety of the cell, successfully spraying the floor with bullets that fall far from their intended target.

Kenji is next.
Atifexe

Postby Atifexe » 08 Apr 2015, 20:24

Kenji coolly disregards the shots directed at him, circling towards the front wall to get a better angle on the source of the shots while firing in return. His accuracy is impressive as the shots rain down on the retreating armored figure, though it's difficult to tell how much damage has actually been done.

Next is Dougie.
My pseudonym is Ix

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 09 Apr 2015, 02:31

Since Kenji is apparently dealing with the other guy, Dougie is going to take offence at anyone who has the gall to tell him what to do, and is attempting to take the guy in the cell furthest from the door down in a full-body rugby tackle. Strike roll of.... *sigh*, 1.
Atifexe

Postby Atifexe » 13 Apr 2015, 08:55

As you run forward, you find your foot tangled in the cord if one of the computer monitors. This stops your charge short as the monitor is pulled off the desktop towards you. A D20 roll of 10 or more will allow you to evade the damage.
My pseudonym is Ix

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 13 Apr 2015, 11:00

Only an 8, unfortunately.
Atifexe

Postby Atifexe » 15 Apr 2015, 12:15

The falling monitor hammers the back of your leg pretty hard, but you shrug it off. Whether or not it still functions is a question that will have to be answered later.

Next up is Robert.
Omnicrat

Postby Omnicrat » 15 Apr 2015, 13:43

Assuming I understand what Robert is seeing correctly, Robert moves to the side of the doorway and sprays the torso of the nearest enemy combatant, while shouting, "Drop your arms and surrender!"
Atifexe

Postby Atifexe » 17 Apr 2015, 16:01

(You appear to have forgotten to roll to hit with that post :D)
Omnicrat

Postby Omnicrat » 17 Apr 2015, 16:09

(quietly walks by and leaves a 16 on the table, then walks away while whistling)
Omnicrat

Postby Omnicrat » 19 Apr 2015, 08:18

[stagewhisper]I rolled a 16 in case that wasn't clear[/stagewhisper]
Atifexe

Postby Atifexe » 20 Apr 2015, 00:12

Reacting quite rapidly, the soldier targeted by Robert ducks out of the way. The resin splatters on the wall behind him.

(Sorry, one bit of clarification - When you say door, did you mean the door to the office near the front of the building?)
Omnicrat

Postby Omnicrat » 20 Apr 2015, 08:56

(the doorway that leads to the bunk room)
Atifexe

Postby Atifexe » 10 May 2015, 16:16

The figure who had demanded you freeze turns and opens fire on Robert, deciding that the ranged weapon is a greater immediate threat than someone tangled in cords. He seems to be keeping his cool and aiming well, unlike his counterpart, who sprays bullets wildly in Kenji's direction. This time, the shots are more accurate.

Kenji's response to coming under fire is an immediate roll to his left, towards the plastic barrier that he has yet to cross. Unfortunately, the plastic obscures his vision, and he's not able to completely evade the incoming bullets. The repeated wounds are adding up, and he's starting to look like he might be in a bad way without medical attention.

(Robert, you can either stand and take the shots - I wouldn't recommend it - or attempt to dodge.)
Omnicrat

Postby Omnicrat » 11 May 2015, 05:41

Robert is definitely trying to dodge this.

(Is this a d20 roll or a d% roll?)

Return to “Tabletop and D&D”