World of Darkness Gameplay Thread

Share your latest adventures with anything tabletop: RPGs, boardgames, miniatures, etc.
My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Re: World of Darkness Gameplay Thread

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 12 Feb 2015, 14:44

Heidi splutters out another low laugh.

"Really? "When it happens"? Have you been watching Abe on loop or something?"

She rattles her cuffed hand

"I don't supposed you'd care to indulge in the old 'explain the entire situation to the victims moments before a daring escape'?"
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
Jamfalcon
First Video: Killer Instinct

Postby Jamfalcon » 12 Feb 2015, 21:17

Back at the gas station, Big Nate checks the other gas pumps for fuel while he waits anxiously for Mark. When the now-clean man returns, it's all he can do to ask "now can we call 911?"
"Jamfalcon's a super weird name" - Graham

I wrote a book!
Belgarion
First Video: The Wire

Postby Belgarion » 13 Feb 2015, 03:18

"Feel free..." says Mark handing him Webhead's phone, "..but I get the feeling it won't don't one iota of good. That's if there is signal enough out here to make the call of course."

As Nate makes the call, Mark does a mental inventory of the things he brought with him to see what he can do without.When we go after Nate and Heidi I should travel light he thinks as he drags his bags closer so he can begin discarding stuff he doesn't really need.

Before he begins, he checks to make sure the mop handle is still close at hand.
If the scapegoat ever goes extinct, who are we going to blame?
Prospero101
First Video: Feed Dump: Soldiers of Fortune

Postby Prospero101 » 13 Feb 2015, 07:05

Your mop handle is just where you left it, leaning against the side of the car. I would also recommend looking in the trunk for other potentially helpful items.

When Big Nate unlocks Webhead's phone, he finds just enough bars to feel like he might get a connection through. The old Boston Globe article about the fate of Last Gas is still on the screen.

The man observes Heidi blankly. "No." He raises a wrist and glances at his watch. "We must wait for the appointed moment."
It's all over but the crying. And the taxes.

"Perfectionism might look good in his shiny shoes, but he's kind of an asshole and no one invites him to their pool parties."
Belgarion

Postby Belgarion » 13 Feb 2015, 07:16

OOC: Thanks for reminding me Pros, I had completely forgotten.

BIC:
After going through his stuff and discarding the items he fells will just be in the way, except his precious little box of magic cards (lol), Mark begins to search the car looking for thing he thinks might be useful. Thinking back to his street punk days, he is looking for things he can use a weapons, or that can be used to help him "enter" places without permission.

His hands still shake almost constantly, and every so often a sound in the night will cause him to jump and look around anxiously, but the determined look in his eyes says he is going to find his friends one way or another.
Prospero101

Postby Prospero101 » 13 Feb 2015, 07:26

Ordinarily I'd ask for an extended search roll (maybe five or less successes, each roll taking a couple of minutes) But I'm going to rule that you're pretty familiar with the contents of a car you've been riding in for the past eight hours.

You open the trunk to find Big Nate's toolkit. It's a heavy, grease-stained canvas bag filled with clanking metal objects. Sounds like there might be something nicely blunt and heavy in there.

"Perfectionism might look good in his shiny shoes, but he's kind of an asshole and no one invites him to their pool parties."
Belgarion

Postby Belgarion » 13 Feb 2015, 08:01

Mark pulls Big Nate's tool sack forward for easier access, then waits for Nate to finish his attempt at calling 911, so he can ask permission. As he waits he brings the six-pack of water closer so as to not forget it. Then he pulls out the hiking boots he had packed and changes from his running shoes to the boots.

OOC: I'm gonna wait for Jam to post the phone call and see what the results are before going through the tools. Its a respect thing lol.
Jamfalcon

Postby Jamfalcon » 13 Feb 2015, 11:40

Big Nate doesn't bother spending any time looking at the article, and dials 911 immediately. As he waits to see if the call goes through, his eyes dart around his surroundings, looking for any sign of more trouble.

I wrote a book!
Prospero101

Postby Prospero101 » 13 Feb 2015, 11:46

After a few rings, the call connects with a click. The voice is scratchy and intermittent, but comprehensible. "911. What is the nature of your emergency?"

Jamfalcon

Postby Jamfalcon » 13 Feb 2015, 12:34

"Hi hello yes!" Big Nate shouts excitedly, surprised to have gotten through. "I need cops, all the cops, at Last Gas on (street name)! Some sort of creepy guy and a kid attacked my friends I think, and took them away! I think he's going to kill them!"

He decided not to mention the strange way Mark seemed to pass through the man. Maybe it had been a trick of the light... regardless, making them think he was just crazy, or maybe drunk, would not help his case.

I wrote a book!
Prospero101

Postby Prospero101 » 13 Feb 2015, 12:35

There was a long sigh on the other end of the line, expressed in a rush of static. "Sir? Sir. I'm going to need you to calm down. Sir. Do you understand that it is a felony to call 911 without a genuine emergency?"

Jamfalcon

Postby Jamfalcon » 13 Feb 2015, 12:39

"Yeah of course I do!" Big Nate lies angrily "Emergencies don't get much realer than two people being kidnapped! One of them is a cop, does that make it more serious to you?"

I wrote a book!
Prospero101

Postby Prospero101 » 13 Feb 2015, 12:40

"Sir! Sir! You're being very aggressive!"

Atifexe
First Video: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/v

Postby Atifexe » 13 Feb 2015, 12:41

Heidi's words remind Nate of a TV cop drama, where the lead makes sarcastic remarks and stalls for time until help arrives at the last possible moment. He feels a chill run up his spine as the thought crosses his mind that in real life, help rarely comes. Maybe she's not handling this situation as well as I thought, he thinks.

He turns his attention to the shadowy figure. "This appointed moment," he starts, mind racing as he tries to choose his words carefully, "about how long do we have to wait for it?"

Human or not, this person has motives. If he has motives, perhaps he can be sold on the idea of letting us free. I just need to learn a little more...
Prospero101

Postby Prospero101 » 13 Feb 2015, 12:46

The man turns his blank gaze to Nate. "Until the moment is appointed."

Jamfalcon

Postby Jamfalcon » 13 Feb 2015, 12:48

Big Nate takes a deep breath. "Listen," he says more slowly "I'm just a little bit on edge after seeing two of my friends be attacked by some creepy guy and carried off into the woods. And now my other friend and I are stuck here with no gas and no idea what to do,so I'm sorry if I'm in a rush to get help from, you know, the one place that is specifically equipped to help people on these sorts of situations." He pauses to think. "So is there any chance you could send the police to help before two innocent people die?"

I wrote a book!
Prospero101

Postby Prospero101 » 13 Feb 2015, 12:50

There was another sigh. "Sir...you are asking the police to rescue two of your friends, allegedly kidnapped from the Last Gas outside Starkesborough, Massachusetts? Is this correct?"

Jamfalcon

Postby Jamfalcon » 13 Feb 2015, 12:54

"Yes, that is precisely what I'm asking!" Big Nate , replies, trying not to let his frustration come through.

I wrote a book!
Prospero101

Postby Prospero101 » 13 Feb 2015, 12:55

"Sir, I'm sure you know as well as I do that neither Starkesborough nor the Last Gas outside it have existed in fifty years. Please stop bothering the emergency services with your asinine pranks. Have a lovely evening." The operator hung up the line, leaving you with a dial tone and frustration.

Jamfalcon

Postby Jamfalcon » 13 Feb 2015, 13:02

At a loss for words, feeling dazed from the revelation, Big Nate staggers over to Mark.

"I got through, but..." He scratches his head. "They thought it was some sort of joke? Said this place, and the town, have been gone for 50 years... I don't... I can't..." he trails off, thoroughly confused.

I wrote a book!
Belgarion

Postby Belgarion » 13 Feb 2015, 13:18

OOC: Bedside Manner Time lol. I'm guessing for this I would need to combine Composure (3 die) + Empathy (2 die) Supernatural:Bedside Manner(+1 bonus die) in an attempt to sooth and calm Nate.

Total 6 Dice: 1,6,10,7,7,6 (not sure if my -2 penalty counts here)

Extra roll: 2

BIC:
Placing a comforting hand on Nate's should Mark says, trying to ooze empathetic feeling to show his friend he understands. He is purposely glossing over what Nate said about this place not existing for 50 years. "Look Nate, I feel exactly the same way as you but we can't afford to fall apart right now. Webhead and Heidi need us, and we are NOT going to let them down."

Mark draws in a shaky breath then looks over Nate's shoulder at the attendant in the shop. He can;t believe what is about to suggest, but short of blind luck it is really the only option he can see. "Look this is going to sound incredibly insane but the only other option I can come up with is travelling back to the town and hoping we get lucky."

Mark turns Nate so he is facing the store and says "This is what I'm thinking. We had no troubles until I touched the attendant to see if he was ok. What if we do it again, this time on out terms and see if we can summon the man that took our friends back here? Maybe we can find a way to get him to talk or release Nate and Heidi. Your call. We try the town or try the attendant?"
Atifexe

Postby Atifexe » 13 Feb 2015, 13:20

"And how is the moment appointed?" Nate continues, slipping into the familiar mindset of questioning an uncooperative customer to figure out how to help them. For a moment, the panicked voice that had been creeping in to his mind was suppressed by routine, and he focused his attention on the man in front of him in an effort to gauge any hint of useful emotion.

Wits + Empathy: 8, 6, 7, 8, 7
Prospero101

Postby Prospero101 » 13 Feb 2015, 13:21

Okay, from now on, just assume that every roll gets -2 until your Condition is resolved. I realize now that "requires you to concentrate" was woefully vague. Sorry about that.

I'm not going to ask you reroll it though, since it was my mistake. Nate, Mark's words may not entirely calm you down, but helps you take a few deep breaths and get your thoughts on straight.

The man continued to stare blankly at Nate. The dim bulb above him continued to sway back and forth. "We will stop talking now. The moment is not yet at hand."

Atifexe

Postby Atifexe » 13 Feb 2015, 13:31

Nate looks over at Heidi. "Well, that was decidedly less informative than I had hoped," he says jokingly, though the tone is forced. "What now?"
My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 13 Feb 2015, 16:14

Heidi stares at the ceiling."Sit rep: we were knocked unconscious, kidnapped and cuffed by an unknown stranger who apparently didn't bring the other two along with him, immediately after being confronted with a guy straight out of Silent Hill. Aforementioned unknown stranger is extremely confident of himself and his situation and is apparently waiting for something to happen, and is talking like a fucking druid about the whole goddamn business. Short answer- this whole thing is way too fucking weird to be applying logic to, and we ain't about to do anything with that nugget staring at us the whole time. So for now, I reckon we wait"
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."

Return to “Tabletop and D&D”