Campaign Planning

Share your latest adventures with anything tabletop: RPGs, boardgames, miniatures, etc.
Loki892
First Video: Fun with Microwaves

Campaign Planning

Postby Loki892 » 03 Aug 2015, 10:43

I DM for a group with some of my friends, and had been using Masterplan for planning purposes. We migrated to 5e recently, and Masterplan isn't doing it for me anymore with its focus on 4th.

So, what does everyone else use? Any planning tools that really make you happy? I'm looking for new things to try! (Electronic is preferred. We play Roll20 currently since we reside in different states.)
MotorWaffle
First Video: Phailhaus #3

Re: Campaign Planning

Postby MotorWaffle » 05 Aug 2015, 13:51

I don't have "plans" so much, because there's always options my party can take that I didn't plan on, and of course they take those options. I usually just divide the world in my mind into zones where they have a chance of various things happening.

For example, they just got north of the Iron Mountain (Middle Earth game) And are in the woods. I've set aside a number of enemies like bears, wolves and giant spiders along with the usual orcs that they could come across, and usually show up with a few "Events" that I can throw at them regardless planned out. Failing those, improvisation is massively important.

Return to “Tabletop and D&D”