Loading Time Digest - May 2015

Talk about our latest behind the scenes videos.
Graham
Super Moderator

Loading Time Digest - May 2015

Postby Graham » 09 Jun 2015, 17:03

Brought to you BY YOU???and edited by Ian???we bring you basically everything we got up during the month of May.
ferretbadger84
First Video: Friday Nights- It Resolves

Re: Loading Time Digest - May 2015

Postby ferretbadger84 » 09 Jun 2015, 18:11

Very interesting. So when is the next Krog and Torg going up?
romangoro
First Video: The Couch

Postby romangoro » 09 Jun 2015, 18:46

I need a moment of fan solidarity here, guys. Please tell me I wasn't the only one checking to see if his name appears on the chat line visible while Graham is explaining the CP+ overlay.
JayEmu91
First Video: The Job

Postby JayEmu91 » 09 Jun 2015, 20:01

Don't worry RomanGoro, I was doing it too!

I never got to see Adam and the (Ice Cream bar?) live, so seeing him totally no sell it had me in tears. Thank you Adam! Also thank you Alex for taking up that endeavour!
Stay Classy!
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 10 Jun 2015, 04:09

romangoro wrote:I need a moment of fan solidarity here, guys. Please tell me I wasn't the only one checking to see if his name appears on the chat line visible while Graham is explaining the CP+ overlay.
Well, I came up for the $10K pizza, so woot! :D
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Robo4900
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Robo4900 » 10 Jun 2015, 10:48

Absolutely brilliant.

I've always loved the Loading Times, especially the longer ones, so nearly an hour of Loading Time all at once is great! :)
"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
GSC
First Video: the unskippable pilot

Postby GSC » 11 Jun 2015, 09:41

Interesting behind the scenes look, with lots of content in this monthly digest form.

I don't know if the LRR crew comes back here to read the comments, but if they do, I have a recommendation for the folks who work on CP+ and other standardized features: try setting up some simple macros for repetitive tasks on the computer.

It might seem like a waste of time to code something that will save you a couple of seconds here and there, but these savings add up over time and massively reduce the tedium of such work. Macros make a lot of my computer work quicker and easier.

You can find good open source software for this on PC, probably on Mac as well.
Beej
First Video: Skeletor's Dick

Postby Beej » 15 Jun 2015, 12:17

GSC wrote:Interesting behind the scenes look, with lots of content in this monthly digest form.

I don't know if the LRR crew comes back here to read the comments, but if they do, I have a recommendation for the folks who work on CP+ and other standardized features: try setting up some simple macros for repetitive tasks on the computer.

It might seem like a waste of time to code something that will save you a couple of seconds here and there, but these savings add up over time and massively reduce the tedium of such work. Macros make a lot of my computer work quicker and easier.

You can find good open source software for this on PC, probably on Mac as well.

Sometimes we drop in. :D

As far as programming macros, etc, goes, there are certain video-processing tasks that Grahm, Paul, and Ian have been working together to speed up. Once those things are put to bed, I'm sure focus will shift to the *next* low-hanging fruit.

Since I've only been with LRR for a few years, it's interesting to *me* to see how the workflow evolves over time. E.g. when Google Wave was around, that was how things got planned and shared (I wasn't around for that). We've since found other tools, like Google Docs for collab, Trello to develop and track Crapshots, and Slack for team collab and communication.

Meanwhile, I'm drilling holes in the wall. Or asking James to fix my holes in the wall.

We're all working to improve and streamline how work gets done at the moonbase, rest assured.
kade_zero
First Video: The LoadingReadyRap

Postby kade_zero » 17 Jun 2015, 07:19

It’s good to have Loading Time back. I enjoy seeing the “behind the scenes” stuff. And I really like the new “monthly digest” format.
poopintheairtonight
First Video: Checkpoint

Postby poopintheairtonight » 19 Jun 2015, 12:12

Alex's exclamation of DILLY BAR before ramming that ice cream full speed into Adam's mouth was hilarious. Made the video for me.
Well, do you want an ethical solution or an effective one?

Return to “Loading Time”