Loading Time 04 - Screening

Talk about our latest behind the scenes videos.
Cybren

Postby Cybren » 27 Oct 2008, 15:59

I'm curious how he wound up there. Does he like LRR videos? Or was he going along with someone who did?
Frozengale

Postby Frozengale » 27 Oct 2008, 18:28

2stepz wrote:On "Diamond Guy".... I have a much bigger issue with the comments made thus far in the thread than I have with anything he could have said.

*sigh* Explanation is in order, I suppose.

My father runs a sheltered workshop for the mentally and physically handicapped. My mother works for the State Department of Mental Health. I have spent majority of my life surrounded by people like that. People with physical disabilities and mental disorders...

That little interruption that everyone else sees as awkward, is extremely heartwarming and perfectly normal for me. A little patience and a little kindness goes a long way with folks like that. They are harmless to anyone but themselves.

I'm sorry but with all due respect where do you get off on labeling him mentally handicapped? Do you know this man, just because he speaks strangely and asks odd questions doesn't mean he has something wrong with him. I have known many mentally handicapped people as well as some people that just are odd, and it isn't very nice to label someone as mentally disabled just because they fall into the odd category.
If I ever come up with something witty or interesting I'm not going to display it in plain sight for you buffoons to steal away.
2stepz
First Video: .

Postby 2stepz » 27 Oct 2008, 19:34

*I* never labeled him as anything. Try re-reading that again.
orn310
First Video: Daylight Savings

Postby orn310 » 27 Oct 2008, 19:35

hey... uh... I kinda look like Gordon Freeman... when he was in high school... but like him none the less... just give me a way up there... (stuck in Illinois, Send Help!) and some time... (to grow out the goatee)

also a cheaper alternative... Paul looks sorta kinda like Dr. Freeman... Glasses included!
Sasha

Postby Sasha » 27 Oct 2008, 20:22

So what did the sign say that you all refused to read?
Allen!
Uwe Boll Fanboy

Postby Allen! » 27 Oct 2008, 21:55

Sasha wrote:So what did the sign say that you all refused to read?

Nobody is allowed to answer this question, please.
PSNid: Obee1
XboxLive: LastErrand
Undefeated Lord of Donuts
Frozengale

Postby Frozengale » 27 Oct 2008, 22:19

Allen! wrote:

It's to late for you already Allen, you thought about it, you lose :P

and 2stepz, you reference working with mentally handicapped people and then say people "like that", then say "they are harmless to anyone but themselves". I'm sorry but you seem to be either talking about Mentally Handicapped people or Masochists that ask awkward questions that warm your heart. I prefer to think you are talking about Mentally Handicapped people and that you aren't someone that enjoys awkward conversations with masochists. It seems either way you are saying he isn't normal by saying "folks like that".

If I ever come up with something witty or interesting I'm not going to display it in plain sight for you buffoons to steal away.
Red Charlie

Postby Red Charlie » 28 Oct 2008, 02:40

I just rather somoene inform us with what acutally happened with Diamond guy. The only reason I felt awkward about it is I didn't get to see him and there was the context of the question beforehand.... - hence awkwardness.
It was really too big:

I give you this instead

2stepz
First Video: .

Postby 2stepz » 28 Oct 2008, 06:18

I was simply stating that I was raised to accept people regardless of their physical or mental state, or any other personality trait that leads them to being outside of the "norm". I used the example of my parents occupations to display one facet of that complicated concept. If I would have mentioned that two of my best friends are gay... would that have led you to think that I considered this fellow homosexual? I may have used some generic phrasing, but I never labeled "him" has anything (other than male).

Also, for future reference... I do have a background in psychology and a bit of expertise in the area of disabilities. I am also planning to go back to grad school in another 18 months to finish off some certifications in Occupational and Psychological Therapy.

Now, if you wish to continue this disscussion, please take it to PMs. This is not the intent of this thread. The ill-expressed intent of my initial post was to get people to STOP derailing the thread and talk about the video.
Yukikaze

Postby Yukikaze » 28 Oct 2008, 06:42

If you'd mentioned two of your best friends are gay, I'd have thought "What's that got to do with Diamond Guy's awkward question? It wasn't that kind of awkward."

You made it pretty clear you thought everyone was picking on a mentally retarded person, whether that's what you were trying to do or not.

Me? I have no issues with mentally retarded people. I do try to avoid them, and have a definite level of respect for people like you who do work with them, or people who work in mental hospitals(save Nurse Ratchet, who's just a freak), but they are still people, and it's not their fault that they're different.

Normal people, on the other hand, are idiots, and I do not like them.
teh_steve

WELL ANYWAY

Postby teh_steve » 28 Oct 2008, 09:31

Look, I won't talk about the level of irony the two of you are displaying in perpetuating the matter (and yes, this in itself is ironic). No matter what the mental/physical health of the "diamond guy" was, we can all agree that it was a little bit creepy after the previous comment, especially as it was the last comment of that part.
I'd like to say that the crew was brilliant, and hillarious, and that I'm sad you guys haven't got the funds to come to England!
Sasha

Postby Sasha » 28 Oct 2008, 09:55

Allen! wrote:

Seriously? Not even a hint? Or a general sense of what it was about? Or how about the first word?
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 28 Oct 2008, 11:47

Sasha wrote:Seriously? Not even a hint? Or a general sense of what it was about? Or how about the first word?

"You"
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
Sasha

Postby Sasha » 28 Oct 2008, 11:54

Lyinginbedmon wrote:
Sasha wrote:Seriously? Not even a hint? Or a general sense of what it was about? Or how about the first word?

"You"

Thank you. My curiosity has been satiated. :)
arch4non
First Video: 3 ps3's

Postby arch4non » 28 Oct 2008, 15:20

missingglassmarbles wrote:Those of you watching the video at home who didn't get to see the screening live didn't get to see the sign I held up. You can probably guess judging by the crew's reactions what it said, but just in case you can't, it said "The Game: You just lost it."

The game is no longer active, xkcd freed us all.
Dominic Appleguard

Postby Dominic Appleguard » 29 Oct 2008, 13:12

The Early Years
We Don't Go To Ravenholm

Fucking fantastic.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 29 Oct 2008, 13:21

Dominic Appleguard wrote:The Early Years
We Don't Go To Ravenholm

Fucking fantastic.

Thank you!
I'll add you to the 8 people who laughed at the screening as well.

I love that joke.
Yukikaze

Postby Yukikaze » 29 Oct 2008, 14:30

Can there really be that few people who played HL2? I thought it was great.

(The game, yes, but I was talking about the joke.)
aine707

Postby aine707 » 29 Oct 2008, 18:05

I'm fairly disappointed, everyone who didn't get the joke should have AT LEAST given a pity laugh.
The Game.
Yukikaze

Postby Yukikaze » 29 Oct 2008, 19:28

The whole presentation was hilarious. I'd have laughed at "We don't go to Ravenholm" even if I didn't know Half-Life 2, partly because of the "yoit!" factor and partly because it's obviously supposed to be a joke of some sort.
missingglassmarbles

Postby missingglassmarbles » 29 Oct 2008, 20:11

I know xkcd freed everybody from the game, but not necessarily everyone knows that, or believes it's possible to win the game.

Also, I phail at the game because I have a tendency to lose the game more than remember that I won it, and I suspect the same goes for many other people, given the groans that came from the audience when they saw the sign.

Jessica
Tensen01
Sketchasaurus Rex
First Video: Who Watches Movies?

Postby Tensen01 » 30 Oct 2008, 20:47

Hey, I TRIED to buy a 4X Pirate shirt. I totally sent my payment over paypal and was wondering when I was going to get my shirt and they sent the money back saying "Oh, sorry, we don't actually have an 4Xs, sorry. Hopefully we will sometime", but NO they're still not available.

So some of us wanted a 4X but were denied!

And that's why I haven't bought a shirt. Don't say I haven't tried.
Allen!
Uwe Boll Fanboy

Postby Allen! » 30 Oct 2008, 21:53

Graham wrote:
We Don't Go To Ravenholm

Fucking fantastic.

Thank you!

I love that joke.

Tch. Emo. SOMEBODY needs his daily dose of appreciation:

<3 Graham

I laughed, but Adam didn't get it. I just said "Half-Life 2" and he said he hadn't finished it. We should burn him as a witch.
PSNid: Obee1
XboxLive: LastErrand
Undefeated Lord of Donuts
Frozengale

Postby Frozengale » 31 Oct 2008, 02:49

Graham wrote:
We Don't Go To Ravenholm

Fucking fantastic.

Thank you!

I love that joke.

I don't see why no one got it though.... I mean to me that is the most popular line in all of Half-Life 2, I thought more people would have played that game.

And thank you for the double dose of the screening tonight. I probably won't be going to bed till 5 in the morning thanks to that, but oh well, class isn't till 4 on Friday.

Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 31 Oct 2008, 06:52

Chris was wrong! Story Guy has appeared in 5 videos, plus LoadingReadyRumble & J&J Save Christmas.

Grilled Cheese
Laundry
Rare Book
Vest
Holiday

Of course, I'm unfairly built against him in the trivia game, I'm one of the foremost Wiki editors :P
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness

Return to “Loading Time”