FRIDAY NIGHTS: Untap

Talk about the latest LRR draft videos or Friday Nights.
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Re: FRIDAY NIGHTS: Untap

Postby Lord Chrusher » 03 Mar 2012, 01:08

It even appears on Fridays in Australia!
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
Season's Beatings
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby Season's Beatings » 06 Mar 2012, 00:12

As someone who doesn't play MTG has has no intention to, I still enjoy this series. Its got enough humour for the non-player to keep it running. Lets hope for more series in a similar vein.
RedNightmare
First Video: The Job

Postby RedNightmare » 06 Mar 2012, 00:36

Nojh wrote:
Lord Hosk wrote:
Peacehammer wrote:Ok, I have read through the whole thread, and I seem to be the first person to point out that it is a little odd that a video called "Friday Nights" comes out on a Thursday :?:.

Loading Ready Run is Based in Victoria, the capital of British Columbia, in CANADA. Canada outlawed Thursdays in 1879 after discovering that more people were mauled by beavers on that day than any other day. They now have Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Friday Friday Saturday.

Since then the beaver population, which survived primarily on a diet of Spam and Canadian flesh, has slowly dwindled. Recent anti-spam legislation thrilled pro-Thursday supporters, who still practice the act of Thursdays hidden from the eyes of police and beavers alike, until they learned the laws were targeting electronic mail and not the meat product.

Still there is some hope that Canadians might one day rename a day of the week after a Norse god, although there is controversy on which god. But as long as the beaver threat looms deep within the rivers and forests of the frozen north, that day won't be anytime soon.

Several attempts have been made to bring Thursdays back, most notably by Michelle Davids, a one time Prime Minister candidate. She used the return of Thursdays as a campaign subject, in the hopes of gaining the votes of pro-Thursday supporters. She met a tragic end during the summer of 2008, when celebrating a Thursday picknick on the first Friday of the week, as part of her campaign program.
About halfway through the event, two beavers and their offspring walked in on the picknick from nearby bushes. The resulting slaughter and large scale panic claimed the lives of 17 people, including Miss Davids. About 3 dozen others were severely injured.
Since that day, mentioning Thursdays in political circles has become a big taboo.
"I wouldn't call myself an evil genius. Simply genius will suffice."

http://www.twitch.tv/rednightmare7

Season's Beatings
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby Season's Beatings » 06 Mar 2012, 01:48

RedNightmare wrote:
Nojh wrote:
Lord Hosk wrote:Loading Ready Run is Based in Victoria, the capital of British Columbia, in CANADA. Canada outlawed Thursdays in 1879 after discovering that more people were mauled by beavers on that day than any other day. They now have Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Friday Friday Saturday.

Since then the beaver population, which survived primarily on a diet of Spam and Canadian flesh, has slowly dwindled. Recent anti-spam legislation thrilled pro-Thursday supporters, who still practice the act of Thursdays hidden from the eyes of police and beavers alike, until they learned the laws were targeting electronic mail and not the meat product.

Still there is some hope that Canadians might one day rename a day of the week after a Norse god, although there is controversy on which god. But as long as the beaver threat looms deep within the rivers and forests of the frozen north, that day won't be anytime soon.

Several attempts have been made to bring Thursdays back, most notably by Michelle Davids, a one time Prime Minister candidate. She used the return of Thursdays as a campaign subject, in the hopes of gaining the votes of pro-Thursday supporters. She met a tragic end during the summer of 2008, when celebrating a Thursday picknick on the first Friday of the week, as part of her campaign program.
About halfway through the event, two beavers and their offspring walked in on the picknick from nearby bushes. The resulting slaughter and large scale panic claimed the lives of 17 people, including Miss Davids. About 3 dozen others were severely injured.
Since that day, mentioning Thursdays in political circles has become a big taboo.

The opposition party, having posted a "If I was a thursday, this is where I'd be" series of maps that they quickly labeled as jokes, have been some of the first to offer a moment of silence for this tragedy. While offering their condolences they were quick to point out that such acts fall under the jurisdiction of freedom of speech.
phlip
First Video: Eternal Sonata (Unskippable)

Postby phlip » 16 Mar 2012, 06:34

So, for those curious about the cards in the opening titles, but who don't want to (or don't have time to) watch all of the MTGO draft livestreams that the crew do, I've made some highlights in the twitch archives for showing the cards for Graham, James and Paul.
While no one overhear you quickly tell me not cow cow.
but how about watch phone?

[he/him/his]
Nojh
First Video: LLR: The Job

Postby Nojh » 16 Mar 2012, 06:38

phlip wrote:So, for those curious about the cards in the opening titles, but who don't want to (or don't have time to) watch all of the MTGO draft livestreams that the crew do, I've made some highlights in the twitch archives for showing the cards for Graham, James and Paul.

Awesome! Thanks!
Dominic Appleguard

Postby Dominic Appleguard » 08 Jul 2012, 11:56

What does Alex say he traded the Juggernaut for? It kinda sounds like he says "fullbleed Zendikar forest", but that's absurd. I think he's talking about the special Zendikar lands that had full art, but using a term with which I'm unfamiliar?
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 08 Jul 2012, 14:09

Maybe he said Foil Zendikar Forest?

EDIT: Watching it again, I'm almost certain that he said full bleed. The only land I've been able find called 'full bleed' was one on Ebay that had no border or anything, just area for the name and effect text.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 09 Jul 2012, 00:25

He said "full bleed", but we meant the full art land yes.

Full bleed is a printing term we're used to using, and it's just what we call those lands.
Dominic Appleguard

Postby Dominic Appleguard » 09 Jul 2012, 08:22

Okay, thanks for clearing that up.

I asked because I'm working on a Friday Nights transcription project for the Wiki. All the lines, annotated with links to relevant cards for fans who don't play Magic (or didn't when this format was current). Obviously most of the mechanics you need to "get" for the jokes to be funny are explained in dialogue, and indeed there's a handful of inside references for which card links won't be helpful. But it seemed like a good idea at the time.

I regret referring to the term "full bleed" as "absurd". Obviously I should have simply googled the term.

Return to “MtG”