LRRDraft #53: Superfriends!

Talk about the latest LRR draft videos or Friday Nights.
Graham
Super Moderator

LRRDraft #53: Superfriends!

Postby Graham » 06 May 2014, 20:23

James and Graham go full Avengers with this cube draft. Planeswalker team go!
orcishartillery
First Video: Unskippable

Re: LRRDraft #53: Superfriends!

Postby orcishartillery » 06 May 2014, 22:03

Fun draft!

Match 1, game 2, if you had played Dragonskull Summit on turn one, instead of Plains, you still could have played Hand of Honor on turn two off of the Fetid Heath, followed by Spectral Procession on turn three!
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 06 May 2014, 23:34

You're right!
Dang.
MowDownJoe
First Video: Joystique

Postby MowDownJoe » 07 May 2014, 07:57

Y'know, I was going to say that Koth is better for mono-Red and that Chandra, Pyromaster could go into a 5-color deck just fine, but Koth Steam Vents beats proved to be surprisingly effective. But then again, you almost won with Sword mill in that game, so maybe Chandra would've been better for offing the Heiarch and then drawing cards?

Also, I'm going to be using that Durdle Song, if you don't mind.
Victim of a Platinum Angel/Phage combo in Momir. Thanks, LRR!
Akvar
First Video: Friday nights

Postby Akvar » 09 May 2014, 20:09

Great videos, however in the 2nd match (against the UG with reanimator) I feel you've misplayed and undervalued stonecloaker. He exiles things in graveyards which means you could've exiled his simic skyswallower and stuff. Also, you could've exiled glen elandra in response to the persist trigger.

I don't wan to sound like I'm an angry child typing away at how bad you guys are, because I'm not, I was just for some reason frustrated when you never cast him.

Anyway, great videos and continue what you're doing. Thanks for letting me rant a bit too lol. :P
mrverbal
First Video: something on the escapist

Postby mrverbal » 10 May 2014, 05:56

Chandra is definately a lot better than Koth in nearly any cube (unless you are already more or less mono red).

Her +1 is always relevant, if not always super exciting. Koths can be completely blank (if, for instance, you cast him off dragonskull summit/savage lands). Her middle ability is actually quite good, as opposed to Koth's which often has no text (especially with your aforementioned lack of mountains).
Koth's ultimate is better, but you may feel a "lack of mountains" theme occuring, because...

Koth's wants your deck to have a pile of mountains; I don't think I'd play him without 6 or 7 actual mountains in the deck.

But fun draft to watch!

edit: Also, not that you were going to have the opportunity, but the angel token can't save geist from the edict. (I mean geist was never going to die to it as x1 or the elf was). But - you can cast flare in response to the angel trigger, and geist is long dead by the time the angel turns up.

Return to “MtG”