Friday Nights: Hero's Path - The Mastery

Talk about the latest LRR draft videos or Friday Nights.
MinuteWalt
First Video: Prince of Persia (2008)

Re: Friday Nights: Hero's Path - The Mastery

Postby MinuteWalt » 21 May 2014, 21:10

2:42 made me lose it for some reason. Just that... thing... tic?... Kathleen did before asking the question cracked me up.
WickedBoy6
First Video: Worst Day Ever

Postby WickedBoy6 » 21 May 2014, 22:52

I see a GIF in the future...
Credit to Foxmar
reptile

Postby reptile » 22 May 2014, 08:27

Yeah, I was really impressed by all of the cat-acting in this video. How many takes were needed for that?

(Also, I'll join in praise of the stinger. :) )
Omnicrat
First Video: Loading Ready Run Premiers on Monday

Postby Omnicrat » 23 May 2014, 00:07

The perfect cat-acting surprised me as well. Was that just luck or did you have to try hard for it?
plummeting_sloth
First Video: three PS3s

Postby plummeting_sloth » 23 May 2014, 07:36

I like to consider Graham's deck combo-ing so well with Kathleens as a Badgers is just the angriest of kitties
He habitually wears an expression as if he had determined to drive his head through a brick wall, and was about to do it (Description of U.S. Grant)
Elomin Sha wrote:I love the smell of napalm'd sloths in the morning.
VectorZero
First Video: Unskippable: Lost Planet

Postby VectorZero » 24 May 2014, 05:28

VectorZero wrote:Not sure how many people watch LRR at my FLGS, so I may have to try the mind grind for the lulz.

Ok, so I got to do this. Was a little worried since I only had access to 2 Mind Grind, but it worked perfectly. Had the Looter (2 - The harvester), +1 hand size (6 - the vanquisher) and the Bow of the Hunter (tap to deal two damage, double strike) hero cards. Drew Mind grind as the 8th card in my opening hand, played it turn 3 after taking 15 points of damage in the first two phases, then pinged the 4 revellers that were on the field with a pharika's chosen with the bow of the hunter equipped. The store clerk was not especially impressed ;) (but they were giving the cards out freely anyway, so...)

And now my name goes on the Wizard website for all my future employers to find on my pre job application google search :)

As far as game day went, I'm not quite as impressed with the Don't Lose archetype as Kathleen. I finished 5th with a 2 win, 2 draw record.

Also, I wonder if Athreos and the other Greek gods have the same problem with cats as Sokar?
WAYF
First Video: Unskippable: The Getaway

Postby WAYF » 25 May 2014, 03:11

The stinger hit me very slowly. I started chuckling very softly after 10 seconds, actually finally understood it at 20 seconds, and spent the next 10 minutes or so laughing progressively louder before running home to share it with someone I knew who would understand it.
One of LRR's greatest stingers, I'd say.

Other than that, I found the Cam/Graham/Kathleen combo plays amazing. Like, firstly that you apparently sat down around a table and devised them before shooting it, complete with appropriate in-jokes (Charging Badger all daaaay), and also watching the video and observing myself understanding them was huge fun.
The combos I picked up on were
1) Kathleen plays Gray Merchant. Gray Merchant chump blocks huge dude; Cam Ends its Voyage; Kathleen plays Gray Merchant again. Mega life-loss ensues.
2) Charging Badger is bestowed with Baleful Eidolon (for deathtouch), Eidolon of Countless Battles (for extra buff), then Noble Quarry (so that all the things have to block it and die), then finally Titan's Strength via Cam for scry and even more buff.
The second one was my favourite. Charging Badger got there. :D
"My favourite song is 'Girl Panic!'... because girls make me panic... in a good way!"
- Simon Le Bon.
WickedBoy6

Postby WickedBoy6 » 26 May 2014, 22:35

Odd question: Whose call was it for Nelson to become more and more tired of the gang's shenanigans as the Hero's Path went on? I'll assume he's not degrading into a bitter shop owner in real life.

...at least, I pray he's not. I like him.
Credit to Foxmar
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 26 May 2014, 23:21

Oh he's totally not like that in real life, we just like the idea that he's getting more sick of our characters' shit.
WickedBoy6

Postby WickedBoy6 » 26 May 2014, 23:43

I noticed. He also seemed to take that into his regular life, as he just got scruffier and scruffier. I liked it, and am glad to hear he's still as awesome as he was before.
Credit to Foxmar
ifired
First Video: Friday Nights

Postby ifired » 30 May 2014, 00:23

So, do you have a decklist of Cam's deck cause I really wanna try it

Return to “MtG”