General LRL Stream Feedback

Discuss your favourite LRR streams!
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Re: General LRL Stream Feedback

Postby Kapol » 01 Mar 2015, 05:14

Personally, I'm still waiting for a SSB:Wii U CtS. Though I've found my favorite streams seem to be the Nintendo ones. Mario Kart and New Super Mario Bros u were awesome. And Super Mario 3d World is honestly one of the best Wii U game available.
Aras
First Video: National Anathema

Postby Aras » 16 Mar 2015, 09:46

Hey, I recently started watching some of your past streams, however I would find it helpful if there were some sort of system in place that kept track of broadcasts outside of Youtube and Twitch in terms of the games covered. It's been slightly annoying trying to find parts of a playthrough that is spread over multiple videos. For example, I was watching Cam's playthrough of Dark Souls on Youtube, but frequently inbetween videos labelled as concurrent parts, it was implied he played the game in streams that aren't labelled a Dark Souls video. In another example, Alex's Let's Nope playthrough of Silent Hill, Downpour, there is clearly a video that comes inbetween what is labelled part 1 and 2. Comments on the videos imply that there is a broadcast that goes between these two parts that for some reason was either skipped. I believe this would also help keep track of past broadcasts that aren't available on Youtube yet. If there is a system in place for this already, I'm sorry, but I couldn't find it after a cursory search.
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 16 Mar 2015, 13:13

1. If you want to just see what games were played, LRRbot has you covered.

2. For status of specific streams, here's the status list.
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Aras
First Video: National Anathema

Postby Aras » 17 Mar 2015, 20:53

Oh, thank you very, much, this is exactly what I wanted!
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 18 Mar 2015, 05:27

The latest "Games You Might Not Have Tried" video from Extra Credits appears to be basically a list of games that would tickle the fancies of Alex and/or Cam. :D

SAJewers
First Video: Tuscon or Bust

Postby SAJewers » 18 Mar 2015, 07:36

jonlevir
First Video: Unskippable - Star Ocean

Postby jonlevir » 08 Apr 2015, 16:44

I wanted to say thank you to the team for putting up all the videos on youtube. I don't often get a chance to watch them live, and I really enjoy getting to watch them.

That being said, I do have one suggestion/question. Wouldn't it be better for you guys to put a few more ads into the videos? On average they're 2-4 hours apiece, with just one ad. While I don't mind this, I watch the ads on youtube to support the people making the content - don't have free cash to do so :(, and I feel bad watching the equivalent of a long movie with only one ad. Even if you guys just did an ending one or a half way point one, I'd think it would be better for you and I'd be glad to support you that way.
Booster
First Video: Checkpoint- Episode 1

Postby Booster » 07 May 2015, 18:52

Ive been confused about something for a long time, with regards to your scheduling calendar on the website. The time zone feature seems off set by an hour, according to the calendar, checkpoint for example starts at 3pm eastern time, but according to your twitch page (And reality) it starts at 4pm eastern time. Is this a glitch of the calendar, a weird glitch with my computer, or am I just crazy (or all three) Its been this way for a really long time
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 07 May 2015, 22:52

It should be auto-set by your computer, but DST might be messing it up somehow.

I'm on Eastern time, and both of my computers (Windows and Ubuntu) show it to be GMT-4 (which corresponds to Eastern Daylight Time) and Checkpoint starts at 4 PM.

phlip
First Video: Eternal Sonata (Unskippable)

Postby phlip » 08 May 2015, 19:50

It's a DST thing with the labels in the timezone selector dropdown...

Eastern Time in the US is currently on DST, which puts it at UTC-4... so when you visit the page, it should (if the timezone in your computer is set right) automatically choose UTC-4 from the list, and show eg Checkpoint starting at 4pm. So as long as you ignore the selector and let it happen automatically, everything should be fine.

However, the label in the dropdown for Eastern Time is still on the UTC-5, which is what it is outside of DST, so if you manually pick that, it'll show eg Checkpoint at 3pm... which is when Checkpoint happens, in UTC-5, that's just not what your timezone is right now.
While no one overhear you quickly tell me not cow cow.
but how about watch phone?

[he/him/his]
Trippzen
First Video: Unskippable

Postby Trippzen » 18 May 2015, 17:56

Do any of the LRR streamers like puzzle games besides maybe Heather? I'm curious to know if any of them have thought about streaming Portal 2 (maybe co-op) or The Talos Principle. I know Mia streamed Myst but I don't think she's streamed anything since Myst or Grim Fandango. Alex also streamed Antichamber but I know he had issues with it.
Trippzen or Scy
Battle.net: Scy#1617
WoW: Scy (US-Proudmoore)
Wooglie
First Video: Desert Bus

Postby Wooglie » 28 May 2015, 05:29

phlip

Postby phlip » 28 May 2015, 06:14

I love that you can spot James's 100-sub challenge on the graph by the giant spike in lrrSPOT and lrrHORN...

[he/him/his]
SAJewers

Postby SAJewers » 18 Jun 2015, 14:39

WaffleIronMan
First Video: Underpantaloons

Postby WaffleIronMan » 21 Jun 2015, 22:54

I don't know if I missed something, but why are all the most recent uploads to the LRL youtube private videos?
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 30 Jun 2015, 17:47

I can appreciate getting a whole bunch of videos at once. But I'd prefer they be spaced out a little better than 123 videos at once. :p But for serious, that's a lot of videos.
FITorion
First Video: One of the Check Points about a year ago

Postby FITorion » 18 Jul 2015, 18:43

Some feed back on the schedule page.

It highlights the wrong date. Like right now it's July 18 and it is highlighting July 19.

This may be related to another issue... It doesn't remember my time zone. When I go to the page it sets itself as GMT-7. I reset it to GMT-8 and it changes... but if I refresh the page or navigate away and return... it's back to GMT-7

I'll have to look in the morning sometime when GMT and GMT-8 are still the same day to see if what I think is happening... is happening. That is that the day highlighting is working off GMT and not adjusting when the time zone is changed.
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 18 Jul 2015, 23:28

Regarding the time zone, it SHOULD be pulling that from your computer directly.

FITorion
First Video: One of the Check Points about a year ago

Postby FITorion » 19 Jul 2015, 13:16

My computer is set at UTC-8 However daylight savings time is in effect... so that may be affecting it. By applying the addition of an hour and that's reflected by the GMT-7.

But I still think the wrong day highlighted is related. I think it highlights based off GMT and does not change the highlight when the change in time zone changes the date.

Yep at 5pm pacific... it's midnight GMT... and the day highlighted on the schedule changed to be tomorrow.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 19 Jul 2015, 16:19

Just checked, and yeah, it looks like the "day highlight" function is running just off of the GMT time.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Paul
Super Moderator
First Video: Tetris

Postby Paul » 19 Jul 2015, 17:19

Hmmm, I thought I fixed that. I will look into it.
phlip

Postby phlip » 19 Jul 2015, 18:31

phlip wrote:It's a DST thing with the labels in the timezone selector dropdown...

EasternPacific Time in the US is currently on DST, which puts it at UTC-47... so when you visit the page, it should (if the timezone in your computer is set right) automatically choose UTC-47 from the list, and show eg Checkpoint starting at 4pm1pm. So as long as you ignore the selector and let it happen automatically, everything should be fine.

However, the label in the dropdown for EasternPacific Time is still on the UTC-58 option, which is what it is outside of DST, so if you manually pick that, it'll show eg Checkpoint at 3pm12pm... which is when Checkpoint happens, in UTC-58, that's just not what your timezone is right now.

[he/him/his]
SAJewers

Postby SAJewers » 11 Aug 2015, 07:34

Noticed this mistake in the Twitch bio:

You may know us from show like our gaming news commentary show CheckPoint (formerly on PATV), or our riffing on video game intro cinematics, Unskippable on The Escapist.

Also, it says Friday Nights updates the first Friday of the month. Not sure if that needs to be updated.
Mr.Wizard
First Video: Unskippable - Lost Planet 1

Postby Mr.Wizard » 09 Sep 2015, 20:59

Hey guys, just wanted to say a huge thank you to whoever is working to put up all the replays on Youtube.

I'm sure the amount of work is significant but I really appreciate it!
bookdevourer96
First Video: Untap

Postby bookdevourer96 » 29 Oct 2015, 11:51

Sorry if this has been addressed already somewhere else, but the Loading Ready Live calendar at http://loadingreadyrun.com/live has the Let's NOPE! on 10/30/15 at 6pm Pacific Time, while the Google calendar for Loading Ready Live has the Let's NOPE! on 10/30/15 at the usual time of 7pm Pacific Time. Which is correct?

Return to “LoadingReadyRun Streams”