General LRL Stream Feedback

Discuss your favourite LRR streams!
Paul
Super Moderator
First Video: Tetris

Re: General LRL Stream Feedback

Postby Paul » 29 Oct 2015, 12:10

Strange, the live calendar is showing 7:00 for me. I assume it is something to do with your location and the North America dst shift being on a different date. We are currently ON dst, so we are still at gmt-7.

In any case, if you see a conflict between the live page and the Google calendar, the Google calendar is the canonical source.
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 29 Oct 2015, 14:47

I would say that the Google Calendar is likely more correct, as the LRR site is cached more now.
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

ritchards
First Video: The Job (first video on The Escapist)

Postby ritchards » 30 Oct 2015, 10:59

The latest GPLP Mario Maker upload is silent from around 2 hours in until the end.
Psithief
First Video: Unknown

Postby Psithief » 01 Nov 2015, 07:08

Could someone please fix the order of videos in the YouTube Swiftly Tilting Cameron playlist? https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... DznY6J0Rdg

New order:
A Swiftly Tilting Cameron — XCOM: Enemy Within Ep11 (2014-07-23)
A Swiftly Tilting Cameron — XCOM: Enemy Within Ep14 (2014-08-08)
A Swiftly Tilting Cameron — World of Warcraft Ep.1 (2014-08-20)
A Swiftly Tilting Cameron — WoW & XCOM (2014-08-27)
A Swiftly Tilting Cameron — XCOM: Enemy Within Ep15 (2014-09-03)
Swiftly Tilting Cameron — XCOM: Enemy Within Ep16 (2014-09-10)
I sure enjoy watching LRR!

I wouldn't want to meet them though. I'm very allergic to cats and fun.
Trippzen
First Video: Unskippable

Postby Trippzen » 01 Nov 2015, 08:15

I've been watching some of the streams from last year on youtube and have been finding awesome LRL easter egg videos. I think the 39 second SOMA video is probably a record speedrun.
Trippzen or Scy
Battle.net: Scy#1617
WoW: Scy (US-Proudmoore)
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 01 Nov 2015, 13:12

Psithief wrote:Could someone please fix the order of videos in the YouTube Swiftly Tilting Cameron playlist?
It's not just that one... Video James is all out of order, too, with one time going to LRRcraft and seeing the giant club monument, and then several videos later, me starting to build it.

Elaro
First Video: Three PS3s

Postby Elaro » 03 Nov 2015, 17:54

Hello.

So there's this game called Eternal Crusade? It's a Warhammer 40k game, kinda like Space Marine only you're a grunt instead of an elite Space Marine captain? And right now the game mode is team-vs-team Point Capture? Anyway I've been playing it, and the people who work on it would like people to stream it, would youse guys be interested?

Or could you tell me how to set up my own stream, knowing that I only have 1 computer?
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 03 Nov 2015, 18:31

Elaro wrote:Or could you tell me how to set up my own stream, knowing that I only have 1 computer?

I would suggest asking around in the Fan streamer thread, or hop into DB Chat, as a number of people there are on the fan stream calendar. Most of them stream from single-computer setups, so will be able to help you get set up.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 01 Dec 2015, 02:21

So....

I got a job...

I feel like I'm going to be letting you down in moderation duties, because I am no longer going to be available for either the first or last streams of the day. I'd be getting home at 5 PM (2 PM PST) so I'd only have the last hour of the first streams of the day (or literally none of James' stream on Thursday). Then, I have to go to bed at 9 PM (6 PM PST), if I'm to be up by 5 AM to go to work, so I'm missing the last streams of the day as well. I think I can rearrange things so I can catch the missing streams on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. But I won't be there to watch them live or moderate (or catch quotes live, but I could add them later).

And I know it's just my depression talking, but taking away at least 2/3 of my socialization and feeling like I'm letting LRR and the Chat down feels really bad. :-(

Fangle
First Video: Unskippable, too long ago to remember

Postby Fangle » 05 Dec 2015, 23:30

Hi. I've been enjoying LRL for many months now, but watching live on Twitch doesn't really work for me, so I'm only able to watch the Youtube replays. That leads to a few problems I'd like to ask about:

1) Where is the best place to report missing videos?
Or I should say, the place with the best chance of actually getting them uploaded. I've basically given up on the long-lost ones ever being added, but if something within the past few weeks of uploads gets missed then that seems more achievable doesn't it?

2) GPLP — Farcry 4 Ep13
I only just realised this even existed, because it never showed up in the normal list of videos for me. I'm assuming people already know that it's blocked for copyright reasons in some places (UK here), but is there any way to fix that? Whether getting the block removed, or identifying what in the video is triggering the block and making a second video with that part edited out or something? It's very frustrating, since I think that's the final part of the Farcry 4 playthrough, and I've watched however many hours up to this point but now can't see how it ends.
I just saw that something similar is happening with the audio in the Things on my Stream videos of Brutal Legend, but at least I hadn't started watching those yet so there's less soul-crushing disappointment.

3) Confusing video title numbers
This is such a minor thing, but has been bothering me. There's been an issue recently with the titles of videos involving more than one game, where the episode number at the end of the title is often referring to the first game rather than the last. The first Brutal Legend video is a good example of this as well.
"Things on my Stream — Gish / Brutal Legend Ep2"
Most people would naturally read that as an episode of Gish, followed by episode 2 of Brutal Legend. But it's actually Gish ep 2, followed by ep1 of Brutal Legend. Similarly,
"Things on my Stream — Enslaved: Odyssey to the West / Choice Chamber Ep4" (actually Enslaved ep 4, then Choice Chamber ep2 i think)
"IDDQDerp — Dishonored: Brigmore Witches / Choice Chamber Ep2" (actually Brigmore Witches ep2, then Choice Chamber).
This gets especially confusing when the videos are uploaded out of order from the other parts in that series, which the last two examples were. I spent a silly amount of time trying to figure out which order the Enslaved videos went in while also trying to avoid seeing anything spoilery (not that it really matters much, but y'know).

To be clear, this isn't meant as a big complaint or anything. I know that it must take a lot of extra work to get all these replays uploaded to Youtube, and I'm hugely grateful that it's being done at all. I'm just trying to offer some constructive criticism, or spur people on to greatness, or nudge things slightly closer to the perfection that my sense of entitlement tells me I should be receiving, or something like that maybe...?
Umm yeah, okay then.
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 06 Dec 2015, 07:35

If they could get the videos in the playlists in order, it wouldn't be as much of an issue.

If you want to see the status of a video, here's the 2014 list and the 2015 list.

Looks like the only major hole in 2015 is February.

mtvcdm
First Video: Pokeproblem

Postby mtvcdm » 08 Jan 2016, 23:02

Okay. So.

During Rhythm Tuesday Now On Wednesdays At Noon Thursdays In Australia, Ian and Heather noted that they were on the lookout for rhythm games, and for reasons I might have missed or forgotten, Disney rhythm games in particular.

At the Walmart I work at, we just so happen to have a shelf or three full of QUITE old games that we can't seem to get rid of. Today, I opted to take inventory of a selection of what my store's electronics section has on offer. I noted game, console and the price (in USD). I made sure that everything I noted down is under $20. Many of them aren't rhythm games, but since I was taking inventory anyway, hey, why not write them down too.

Here's the selected titles from Walmart Store #1776's Game Case Of The Damned, and I leave it to the LRR crew (Ian and Heather especially) to pick out what among the list, if anything, looks sufficiently intriguing and not already present in the Moonbase to them:

*Big Bumpin', Xbox, $8.00 (note: 34 copies of this game)
*The Smurfs Dance Party, Wii, $7.96
*The Naked Brothers Band: The Video Game, PS2, $8.00
*B-Boy, PS2, $8.00
*Hannah Montana: Spotlight World Tour, PS2, $8.00
*Silly Bandz, DS, $4.96
*Red Bull BC One, DS, $8.00
*AC/DC Live, PS2 or 360, $5.00
*Boogie, PS2, $15.00
*Wipeout: The Game, DS, $4.96 (note: not the racing game, the obstacle course game show)
*700,000 Games, PC, $18.61
*Prison Tycoon: Gold Edition, PC, $19.96 (note: 4-pack containing four games from the franchise)
*World of Simulators: Ultimate Edition, PC, $19.96 (note: package of 20 simulator games: Agricultural Simulator, Woodcutter Simulator, American Trucker, Airport Simulator, Skyscraper Simulator, Demolition Simulator, Sailing Simulator, Rail Cargo Simulator, Snowcat Simulator, Ski World Simulator, Ambulance Simulator, Water Park Simulator, Bus Simulator, Taxi Simulator, Heavyweight Transport Simulator, "and much more")
*Beastly, Wii, $15.00
*Camp Rock: The Final Jam/Jonas [bundle], DS, $9.96
*Xia-Xia/My Amusement Park [bundle], DS, $9.96

And three actually intriguing-looking bargain-binners:
*Need For Speed: The Run, 360, $15.00 (true, better-known than the rest, but hey)
*Puppeteer, PS2, $14.96
*Exit DS, DS, $15.00
SAJewers
First Video: Tuscon or Bust

Postby SAJewers » 09 Jan 2016, 10:49

If they're looking for suggestions, I just noticed a game released on Steam called Chiptune Champion. Haven't played it, but it looks promising.

On that note, but Steam has a Rhythm tag, though I'm not sure if that's helpful.
Ergo
First Video: Pimp My Chair

Postby Ergo » 24 Jan 2016, 02:04

Hey guys - I know it's been confirmed previously that you record the streams locally for replay purposes - but regardless in some videos there are a pretty significant number of dropped frames. The problem is somewhat uncommon, but stretches quite a ways back into the archives.

Most recently - as far as I've seen - there was Turok on IDDQDerp. For "fluid" games like that it sadly (for me) means I can't watch without it rapidly having unpleasant side-effects, e.g. headache, nausea. :cry: (For reference outside of prolonged/bad VR I don't get motion-sick from gaming). From memory it also occurred in some (but not all) of Paul's Shadow of the Colossus vids too, but there are numerous others.

As far as Turok goes I notice the frame-drops occur similarly/identically on the Twitch replay too, so I'm guessing this is some kind of capture issue? Sorry if it's been covered before; maybe I fail at searching/reading. I'd actually be shocked if this hasn't been mentioned before...

I love the streams (can't emphasise that enough) and feel super bad for complaining, but this has been happening on-and-off for a long time now and really limits my ability to enjoy some of the replays, which I unfortunately often have to rely on.
Paul
Super Moderator
First Video: Tetris

Postby Paul » 25 Jan 2016, 07:03

@Ergo I was just looking at the latest IDDQDerp Turok play through and I didn't see anything particularly noticeable. Is it happening at a regular interval or does the video seem to be dropping frames at random? Could you post or email me a link to a particular timecode in a video where you are seeing the problem?

One thing you might be noticing is that the stream is at 1080p30. Obviously an old PC game like Turok is running at much higher than 30fps on the gaming PC, but we can only stream at 1080p30 for capture, bandwidth and encoding reasons. There may be some timing artefacts from the frame interpolation process.
Ergo
First Video: Pimp My Chair

Postby Ergo » 25 Jan 2016, 20:44

Hey Paul - thanks for looking into it. Once it starts happening it can appear quite "consistently random", although it comes and goes to some extent - hard to say if it's perfectly regular without some detailed forensics...

Here's a point where it starts happening in the Turok replay. From that point on it varies in severity. If you watch for a little over a minute or so you should see it quite plainly.

At the extreme end though, the 3rd episode of Shadow of the Colossus one was definitely one of the worst I've come across; you can see that here, here etc. People are commenting on it during the stream, and it's present during the replay, so I can only assume the problem was never on Twitch's end.

I believe it started happening in Necrovision (Watch & Play) as well from memory, but there are numerous others. I still can't believe this hasn't been brought up until now!

Seems like it could be an annoying issue to track down - I've never seen this elsewhere, even with the same games on the same platforms (similarly downsampled to 30Hz). If there's anything else I can do to help let me know! I could give you a more exhaustive set of examples and/or do a bit of analysis on the video to see if I can figure anything out from that... Either way good luck tracking it down! :P
ritchards
First Video: The Job (first video on The Escapist)

Postby ritchards » 24 Feb 2016, 23:04

Has anyone (mainly thinking the LRR crew) got a copy of Paul's Things on my Stream graphic, without the words? (So Paul with the consoles) It's inspiring me for Desert Bus.
DaMage
First Video: Wireless

Postby DaMage » 24 Feb 2016, 23:33

I suppose I should bring this up, in case it's not just me.

For the last 6 month (might be more) the live page calendar has had the wrong day highlighted. Now I'm in +10:00 hours (Eastern Australia), so we are always about 1 day ahead. The Day of the week and times are correct, just the 'current day' highlighting is wrong.

For example, today is Thursday and I just finished watching Cam's stream. Right now on the calendar Wednesday is highlighted with Heather, IDDQD and Horner.

I think it has something to do with when the calendar splits in the time zones between us. Instead of the highlight moving over to the next day, the previous day just rolls around again from the top.
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 25 Feb 2016, 00:03

The bug was doing the opposite before, where it would have the previous day highlighted for some people.

Paul will get it sorted one of these days.

unpronounceable
First Video: A Stitch in Time

Postby unpronounceable » 15 Mar 2016, 20:17

I sent an email to [email protected] a while ago asking about if I could send some game codes to be played on stream, but never heard back. Should I just PM someone about it instead?
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 15 Mar 2016, 22:13

If you want to get someone's attention at LRR, Twitter is usually the best way.

Also, what types of games and which stream? Rather than emailing the general box, which is usually Graham (who's busy as all get out, all the time), it might be more responsive to email the particular streamer about it. If it's several streamers, maybe break it up into multiple emails? If it's Crossing the Streams, maybe email Paul?

unpronounceable
First Video: A Stitch in Time

Postby unpronounceable » 16 Mar 2016, 16:38

I wasn't sure who would most enjoy playing one of the games, which is part of why I sent the email where I did. One would definitely be for Crossing the Streams though. I'll bug a few people on twitter and see what happens I guess.

If you're curious, the games I had in mind are Redshift Blueshift and Trace Vector.
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 17 Mar 2016, 04:23

I thought I gave them Trace Vector already... *checks* No, I guess not...

Both look like they're squarely in Alex's wheelhouse, I'd say, though Trace Vector might end up in Ian's, Heather's, and/or Paul's as well.

Asthanius
First Video: The Job

Postby Asthanius » 24 Mar 2016, 07:04

Not really sure if this even counts as an "issue", but when watching the replays on mrphlip's archive, the ads now play when they did during the original stream. It's not PART of the stream, because they can't be skipped, and this is a completely new thing. I don't even know if LRR gets anything from these particular ads.

Just something interesting.
SAJewers
First Video: Tuscon or Bust

Postby SAJewers » 03 Apr 2016, 11:33

Return to “LoadingReadyRun Streams”