General LRL Stream Feedback

Discuss your favourite LRR streams!
SohNata
First Video: Unskippable

Re: General LRL Stream Feedback

Postby SohNata » 13 Jul 2014, 09:28

Kapol wrote:Is Watch And Play just canceled? I just checked the calendar, and there isn't one happening for the foreseeable future.

I hope not :(
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 13 Jul 2014, 09:54

I would suggest the application of Hanlon's Razor here - I'd say (especially with Alex and others getting over that pesky bug going around) that they simply haven't gotten around to finalizing the schedule for the future weeks yet.
Paul
Super Moderator
First Video: Tetris

Postby Paul » 13 Jul 2014, 10:34

There will definitely be more Watch and Play streams, but since they are dependant on having an appropriately terrible game and a co-pilot, we decided to only put them in the calendar when we know we have one lined up.
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 13 Jul 2014, 14:42

Alright, that makes more sense. It seems better to do it that way rather than just trying to force one every other week anyways. I was just curious as I noticed it's absence.
DissonantNight
First Video: Unskippable: Lost Planet

Postby DissonantNight » 15 Jul 2014, 09:42

Minor thing but Adam's Gamehouse, Watch and Play and Let's Nope still don't have official descriptions on the calendar or twitch page.
ritchards
First Video: The Job (first video on The Escapist)

Postby ritchards » 15 Jul 2014, 10:42

Okay, now that some major events are over, I'm going to be the guy that moans: please get back to uploading more videos.
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 15 Jul 2014, 14:23

...just try to avoid doing it DURING STREAMS, m'kay? ;)
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 15 Jul 2014, 21:07

ritchards wrote:Okay, now that some major events are over, I'm going to be the guy that moans: please get back to uploading more videos.
Alex is on it.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 21 Jul 2014, 00:22

Okay, so where are we at in missing episodes?

Part 2 of Kathleen's FFX play through, and something from Alex's DS2 run?
ritchards

Postby ritchards » 21 Jul 2014, 00:23

Last part (4) of Revengerence is missing.
romangoro
First Video: The Couch

Postby romangoro » 21 Jul 2014, 04:21

Jazzpunk never goat there. And of course (and I know you know about this) most of the Checkpoint+ aftershows.
SohNata

Postby SohNata » 21 Jul 2014, 06:46

Graham wrote:Okay, so where are we at in missing episodes?

Part 2 of Kathleen's FFX play through, and something from Alex's DS2 run?

I think Pt2. Of House of Stark Dark Souls is missing too. (Or the parts are mis-labelled.)
Arakasi
First Video: Uhh, no idea.

Postby Arakasi » 21 Jul 2014, 12:01

I heard that you can request as a twitch channel to turn off pre-roll ads (or at least that TotalBiscuit managed to do it). I wonder if you guys would consider it.

The problem is that the ads are intrusive, when twitch breaks or something and you have to refresh the page, they block you from the content for up to 30 seconds, or when you just want to join the stream late, you miss more than you have to because of them. Sometimes the ads even break and make you reload the stream again, which is fine when you guys are taking a break because we don't miss anything, but when it happens during the show, it's a real annoyance.

I know you'd be missing out on quite a bit of potential revenue for doing this, but I feel like it'd encourage less ad-block usage, and I'd honestly rather you set an alarm to go off to remind you to do a 5 minute ad break every hour than have the pre-roll ads, and I think others would agree.

Something to consider at any rate.
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 21 Jul 2014, 17:43

I just want to say, the AC isnt as bad as you guys think it is. Maybe it sounds worse to you guys, but to the viewers its just a soft background white noise.

Sure the stream is better without it, but its like 2-3% better, its not like when its on the stream is borderline unwatchable.

It doesnt cover up any of the game noise and doesnt seem to interfere with the streamers talking. Cameron's low voice is much more noticeable and we just accept that.
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
GDwarf

Postby GDwarf » 21 Jul 2014, 18:12

Lord Hosk wrote:I just want to say, the AC isnt as bad as you guys think it is. Maybe it sounds worse to you guys, but to the viewers its just a soft background white noise.

Sure the stream is better without it, but its like 2-3% better, its not like when its on the stream is borderline unwatchable.

It doesnt cover up any of the game noise and doesnt seem to interfere with the streamers talking. Cameron's low voice is much more noticeable and we just accept that.

Yeah, was going to say something like this. Frankly, it can be hard at times to tell that the A/C is on.
May those who accept their fate find happiness; Those who defy it, glory!
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 21 Jul 2014, 20:13

Ads: I'll look into it. I think losing prerolls would be alright if we can swing it.

AC: Noted!! Gonna crank that shizzzzz
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 21 Jul 2014, 21:37

Yeah, the only time that I don't like the AC is Cam's stream, due to his low-volume voice. Everyone else is clear, and he's usually clear, too, but not always.
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

SohNata

Postby SohNata » 23 Jul 2014, 16:43

Small note r.e the new calendar: Twitch doesn't seem to list exact broadcast dates. Do we just give vague times?
phlip
First Video: Eternal Sonata (Unskippable)

Postby phlip » 23 Jul 2014, 16:59

Hmm... maybe I could whip something together to make a list of every Twitch broadcast in the history... I already have the code to get the list from the Twitch API, to make that RSS feed...
While no one overhear you quickly tell me not cow cow.
but how about watch phone?

[he/him/his]
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 23 Jul 2014, 18:13

New calendar?
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 24 Jul 2014, 01:22

Well, spreadsheet really.
RedNightmare
First Video: The Job

Postby RedNightmare » 24 Jul 2014, 01:51

Arakasi wrote:I heard that you can request as a twitch channel to turn off pre-roll ads (or at least that TotalBiscuit managed to do it). I wonder if you guys would consider it.

From what I understood of TotalBiscuits announcement about this, it's an experiment he and Twitch are conducting together. TB gets to do his channel without pre-rolls for a few months and in return he shares his data with Twitch. I wouldn't expect the removal of pre-rolls to be available to any other channel until at least after the data has been analysed. But I guess it never hurts to ask.
"I wouldn't call myself an evil genius. Simply genius will suffice."

http://www.twitch.tv/rednightmare7

Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 24 Jul 2014, 02:17

RedNightmare wrote:
Arakasi wrote:I heard that you can request as a twitch channel to turn off pre-roll ads (or at least that TotalBiscuit managed to do it). I wonder if you guys would consider it.
From what I understood of TotalBiscuits announcement about this, it's an experiment he and Twitch are conducting together. TB gets to do his channel without pre-rolls for a few months and in return he shares his data with Twitch. I wouldn't expect the removal of pre-rolls to be available to any other channel until at least after the data has been analysed. But I guess it never hurts to ask.
Hmm. Well it can't hurt to inquire.
ch3m1kal

Postby ch3m1kal » 24 Jul 2014, 02:23

For my 2 cents, yes pre-rolls suck, but at the same time keep in mind that the in some regions those are often the only ads available.
Over here in Snorshvania, I very rarely get ads during ad breaks, it's like 90-95% pre-rolls. I mean maybe someone like TB who easily gets 15-20k viewers on his streams can swing it, but LRR isn't quite there yet.
Then again it's all up to G and the crew OFC, just trying to point out that I'm sure most of us would rather you guys just focus on making fun things, and not worrying about CPM.

I've previously suggested a microphone pre-amp with a noise gate. A decent, cheap-ish one like the Behringer Shark DSP110 would probably fit the bill and it's only like $50 on ebay since they're not actually in production anymore. It wouldn't really do anything to cover up AC noise while someone is talking, but it would cut out the constant background hum when they're not, which would probably be an ok compromise for most people.
Also it turns out OBS does actually include a noise gate, while Xsplit, in classic fashion does not.
ritchards

Postby ritchards » 24 Jul 2014, 11:08

According to TB Twitch will be adding (has added?) the ability for streams to host other streams when they are offline... (looks at LRL and the Fan streams...)

Return to “LoadingReadyRun Streams”