General LRL Stream Feedback

Discuss your favourite LRR streams!
SAJewers
First Video: Tuscon or Bust

Re: General LRL Stream Feedback

Postby SAJewers » 27 Oct 2014, 13:01

Yeah, I fixed that now. Also, it looks like the Dress stuff was the only change.
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 27 Oct 2014, 18:02

#Nipplegate-because-there's-ONLY-one-scandal-of-note-in-all-of-human-history Image
Papperslappen
First Video: Some Feed Dump on the Escapist probably.

Postby Papperslappen » 28 Oct 2014, 11:33

Wearing no clothing or sexually suggestive clothing - including lingerie, swimsuits, pasties, and undergarments - is prohibited, as well as any full nude torsos

Pantsless stream is totally ok as long as you don't use underwear.
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 03 Nov 2014, 20:33

AdmiralMemo wrote:Just wondering a really minor thing. File this under "Remote chance of actually making any difference, but it can't hurt to try"

Does anyone still have the login codes for the "db_high" account from DB6? If so, then I would recommend someone logging in at some point and putting it into permanent Host Mode to the DesertBus channel.

What difference would this make? Probably none, but on the off-chance that someone happens to be following the db_high channel and for some reason is NOT following the DesertBus channel, they would still be able to get redirected on their "Following" page to DesertBus when it is live.

Also, on a similar note, I'm going to assume that LRL is offline during DB8, and if that is the case, might as well put Host Mode on the LRR channel during that time too.
OK, so there are 1192 accounts that follow db_high that are not following desertbus
Therefore, it might be significant.
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Fenrir
First Video: LRRcast for Interrupted Garage

Postby Fenrir » 11 Nov 2014, 00:25

Yeah, I only just noticed today myself that despite following db_high I wasn't actually following Desert Bus.
"Sing something new, I have nothing left. I can't face the dark without you."

: Fenrir - DB IRC : LRRFenrir - TwitchTV : @the_dismuke - Twitter :

Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 12 Nov 2014, 15:02

Has this already been answered:

Will LRL stream Desert Bus during Desert Bus for Hope?
phlip
First Video: Eternal Sonata (Unskippable)

Postby phlip » 12 Nov 2014, 15:24

Yeah, the loadingreadyrun twitch channel will be hosting the desertbus channel.
While no one overhear you quickly tell me not cow cow.
but how about watch phone?

[he/him/his]
jonlevir
First Video: Unskippable - Star Ocean

Postby jonlevir » 11 Dec 2014, 13:07

Just recently started going back and watching some of the backlog of streams on LoadingReadyLive on Youtube and I just wanted to let you guys know that Cameron's stream is missing either XCOM Episode 12 or 13, and Civ5 either 3 or 6.

I really appreciate you guys putting the streams up on youtube and I know it takes a long time to edit and upload so I'm not trying to put more work on you guys - especially with holidays coming up and DB just finishing! - but I didn't know if there was a particular reason those were missing and wanted to let you guys know if not. Really enjoying the XCOM streams and I hope Cam does more and can finish the game on impossible if he hasn't already (I'm on part 5 and the 4th? attempt so far. Cam's reactions and commentary on the game are priceless.)
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 11 Dec 2014, 13:54

Here's the replay tracking log. Check it out and see if there are any notes by the specific streams that you're looking into. It looks like 90% of June through September is available, while availability is spotty before and after that. Nothing past October 7 is available.

Boofinka
First Video: Paper Boy

Postby Boofinka » 12 Dec 2014, 10:20

Does anyone know where can one get high-resolution versions of the LRL show logos?
I need it for...a thing.
Canageek
First Video: I have no idea. Something in ~2005?

Postby Canageek » 12 Dec 2014, 11:58

As a note, it would be really cool if LRR signed up for the Youtube Gif Beta. http://arstechnica.com/business/2014/12/youtube-gets-with-the-times-allows-fans-to-create-gifs-from-videos/
Come have a look at my roleplaying blog http://canageek.wordpress.com

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is." --Attributed to Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut
GSC
First Video: the unskippable pilot

Past broadcast problems

Postby GSC » 13 Dec 2014, 08:30

Hey guys, anyone else having problems watching recorded streams ("Past Broadcasts") from this week? I'm getting a lot of failures to load and weird (permanent) signal drops mid-playback.

The problem seems to coincide with a change in the videos: there are playback quality options (Source/High/Medium/Low/Mobile - see screenshot below) for recent videos, which the earlier ones didn't have.

I started having the issue with Monday's GPLP:
http://www.twitch.tv/loadingreadyrun/b/597224120

It cuts out after about 48 mins (sooner with different quality settings), as if the stream had ended:
http://i.imgur.com/XUCIobK.jpg

The same happened with IDDQDerp after about 28 mins.
House of Stark and the most recent Let's Nope wouldn't even start.

Last week's Let's Nope - http://www.twitch.tv/loadingreadyrun/b/596173599 - works perfectly fine.

I checked out some of StreamBros' past broadcasts, they work fine too.

What could be causing this?
Boofinka
First Video: Paper Boy

Re: Past broadcast problems

Postby Boofinka » 13 Dec 2014, 09:34

GSC wrote:Hey guys, anyone else having problems watching recorded streams ("Past Broadcasts") from this week? I'm getting a lot of failures to load and weird (permanent) signal drops mid-playback.

The problem seems to coincide with a change in the videos: there are playback quality options (Source/High/Medium/Low/Mobile - see screenshot below) for recent videos, which the earlier ones didn't have.

I started having the issue with Monday's GPLP:
http://www.twitch.tv/loadingreadyrun/b/597224120

It cuts out after about 48 mins (sooner with different quality settings), as if the stream had ended:
http://i.imgur.com/XUCIobK.jpg

The same happened with IDDQDerp after about 28 mins.
House of Stark and the most recent Let's Nope wouldn't even start.

Last week's Let's Nope - http://www.twitch.tv/loadingreadyrun/b/596173599 - works perfectly fine.

I checked out some of StreamBros' past broadcasts, they work fine too.

What could be causing this?

I'm watching via mrphlip's past broadcasts, and it's working with no issues,
GSC

Re: Past broadcast problems

Postby GSC » 13 Dec 2014, 10:19

Boofinka wrote:I'm watching via mrphlip's past broadcasts, and it's working with no issues,

This seems to work for me too, thanks!

Here is the link for people who don't know it:
http://lrrbot.mrphlip.com/archive

I'm even more convinced now that the problem is related to the quality setting options (which don't appear when I watch the recordings through the URL above).
phlip
First Video: Eternal Sonata (Unskippable)

Postby phlip » 13 Dec 2014, 19:02

Looking at that screenshot, it looks like it's probably cutting out between segments of the recording... like it's played through the first two nearly-half-hour segments, but the third is missing or something. Maybe the process to transcode it to lower results hasn't happened yet, or failed, or something? Anyway, if you watch on Source you should be ok... as long as your net connection can handle it, of course.
While no one overhear you quickly tell me not cow cow.
but how about watch phone?

[he/him/his]
GSC

Postby GSC » 13 Dec 2014, 19:30

phlip wrote:Looking at that screenshot, it looks like it's probably cutting out between segments of the recording... like it's played through the first two nearly-half-hour segments, but the third is missing or something. Maybe the process to transcode it to lower results hasn't happened yet, or failed, or something? Anyway, if you watch on Source you should be ok... as long as your net connection can handle it, of course.

Indeed, it seems that the signal gets lost at the beginning/end of twitch's segments.

I've tried watching the recordings on "Source" and that did seem to be the quality that goes the furthest before cutting out. However, some of this week's recordings - like House of Stark and the Let's nope - won't even start playing on the twitch page. The older videos offer no quality settings and work fine. I reckon something must have changed in the recording / retrieval / etc.

My connection can handle 1080p viewing, yet these new recordings are stuttering as hell on Source, even before cutting out. They are only using a tiny fraction of the available bandwidth. Very strange.

I've never had this issue with the LRL streams before (been watching since January), so it's something recent causing this. I hope it goes away. Your page seems to be a good workaround, but it's been throwing 500 and 502 errors occasionally today.
beowuuf
First Video: Can't remember! Binged them all so fast!

Postby beowuuf » 21 Dec 2014, 02:05

Anyone else finding Twitch's VOD is now unuseable? I think they have switched from saving 30 min chunks to saving minute / two minute chunks. Which is cool for watching on VOD if you were a couple of minutes late or missed a key moment to a stream as you can basically watch the archive as the live feed is going. An it must mean song muting will only affect the actual part where the song is.

Unfortunately what it also seems ot mean is there is no way to build a buffer when watching it so apparently my net - even though I am watching when US is going to bed and no one in the UK should be doing intense internet - is too slow to keep up and I cannot cushion this by leaving it.

More importantly though, their connection between chunks seems to be affected either by this or by an parallel problem, so won't reliably keep going and I've had playbacks just end within only a couple of minutes in to the stream. It' not an archive problem because you can reload, press passed that area, and it will replay fine. Well, fine if you include the buffering and the next premature ending a few minutes later :(
Jenelmo
First Video: Friday nights: Untap

Postby Jenelmo » 22 Dec 2014, 04:23

I also have this problem and it is a general problem on twitch as it also happens with other channels
There must always be a Stark in the Moonbase
beowuuf
First Video: Can't remember! Binged them all so fast!

Postby beowuuf » 22 Dec 2014, 11:46

Well 'yay' and 'ugh' simultaneously that it's not just me, as this means there's nothing I can do!

I hope they can figure out something soon about that. I did send a feedback note, I hope it goes to twitch and not just the LRR account!

Edit: Silly me I've realised that this is just a progression of the error people were speaking about above...except I can't seem to change the quality settings from 'source' on the new player : (
SoldieroFortune
First Video: Onmi-lingual

Postby SoldieroFortune » 26 Dec 2014, 04:06

So, I'm watching last night's stream, and I hear "Siri, what is the area code 585" - which is my area code. I soooo wanted to yell out, but it was not live... Le Sigh. (See my sig below :)
Yes, I live in New York. No, it is not just one big city.
empath

Postby empath » 26 Dec 2014, 14:50

Yeah, my google-fu was faster than Siri there; also I'd already narrowed it down from the street sign they had a min or two earlier ;)

Thanks in spirit tho! :D
DaMage
First Video: Wireless

Postby DaMage » 28 Dec 2014, 00:27

The twitch recording cuts out near the end of the mario cart final race in the crossing the stream today. Did Cam win? Was another cup unlocked? Did Graham ever "get good"?

Its all a mystery to me.
empath

Postby empath » 28 Dec 2014, 16:15

Cam got...well, violated, and Graham was able to pull out a ONE POINT lead in the standings at the very end of 34 to Cam's 33.
Bergie
First Video: Man Cooking: Meatshroom

Postby Bergie » 29 Dec 2014, 22:46

I have tried accessing 3 different Twitch recordings today, and all of them crap out after only a few seconds (ie: 10 for Mario Kart, 4 for the finale, 7 for one of Cam's BE streams). It might be my computer, though, as I've been having some issues with some sites today (for some reason).
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 29 Dec 2014, 23:36

Twitch is weird at some points. It happened to one of James' streams, too. The file is there somewhere, but at a different URL.

Return to “LoadingReadyRun Streams”