Kathleen Saves the World

Discuss your favourite LRR streams!
Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Re: Kathleen Saves the World

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 07 Mar 2014, 01:44

Yeah Memo. Literally all the male British Children's 80s TV Entertainment personalities have been prosecuted for Under-age interactions. Some of them were even proved to be guility.

Everyday, my childhood dies a little bit. True I was born in 1989, but some of those people overflowed into the mid 90s when I was actually aware of TV.
-
When Kathleen gets a DSCapture card it'll be awesome because there are some great Portable RPGs. Shame the XDS is not that backwards compatable, so we won't be able to enjoy the pixly fake-3D majesty of Golden Sun.
Ranakel
First Video: Unskippable - Dirge of Cerberus

Postby Ranakel » 16 Mar 2014, 19:52

So, next comes FFX-HD. You know what that means?

BLITZBALL
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 17 Mar 2014, 16:27

Kathleen your style fits so well with south park. Its a little frustrating watching you miss stuff on the replays its even funnier to hear you say "oh chat is yelling at me" or to hear graham yell from the other room.

Great work on stick of truth.
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
Lysander
First Video: Daily Drop: Eggs

Postby Lysander » 11 Apr 2014, 12:24

Do you think Xenoblade Chronicles will ever show up in this stream? Or any of the Tales games? FF Tactics?
Dominic Appleguard

Postby Dominic Appleguard » 03 May 2014, 20:44

Looking at the LRR twitter account, I encounter this.

Related: I think I speak for many of us when I say K should experiment with hair color again.
VectorZero
First Video: Unskippable: Lost Planet

Postby VectorZero » 06 May 2014, 07:44

Thanks for uploading the FFX remake LP to youtube: I bought a PS2 for that game and a 200 hour play through. No time for that now though. Good times. Good times.

There seems to be a segment missing: between part 1 and part 2 the save file jumps from 3 to nearly 7 hours. Is it possible to see this?
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 07 May 2014, 00:26

Thanks! We'll have to track it down by date :)
Drecon
First Video: Ransom

Postby Drecon » 07 May 2014, 05:39

I'm really enjoying Stick of Truth. Somehow seeing Kathleen play it makes it even better than it already is.
"if it ain't shiny, rub it on your hiney"
SAJewers
First Video: Tuscon or Bust

Postby SAJewers » 07 May 2014, 15:52

Someone in the twitch chat suggested Kathleen play the Earthbound/MOTHER series. Leaving this here in case it ever happens: http://earthboundcentral.com/newcomers-guide/
NebulosDisconcertion
First Video: Pony Time

Postby NebulosDisconcertion » 08 May 2014, 13:10

There's another part missing in the FFX YouTube archive, between "Part 3" and "Part 4".
"Part 3" ends just after Djose Temple and "Part 4" starts on the way to Macalania. The missing part should be about Moonflow, Guadosalam, and the Thunder Plains (according to this walkthrough I'm looking at).
Quite enjoying the stream though.
VectorZero
First Video: Unskippable: Lost Planet

Postby VectorZero » 08 May 2014, 16:59

This is the first missing segment as seen on twitch (since i managed to steal better internet for a week)
http://www.twitch.tv/loadingreadyrun/b/513187094
Lysander
First Video: Daily Drop: Eggs

Postby Lysander » 21 May 2014, 13:58

I was watching a bit of the FFX playthrough where the characters are riding on top of the airship, fighting an enemy's flying summon. And it got me thinking: In any of the Final Fantasy games is there a combat part where the characters are inside the airship, manning various weapon-launchers, shields and various other StarTrek-esque bridge stations?

On another note, I found a game that looks like it might be fun to stream: Fearless Fantasy. http://store.steampowered.com/app/282100/ I haven't tried it yet, but the videos and reviews say it's peculiar yet okay. Though the cutscenes are awful.
ArchieO
First Video: Punct-uation

Postby ArchieO » 28 May 2014, 00:37

Does anyone know if we are going to have another effing around stream tonight or is Kathleen finally going to fight sin
All my current Commander Decks
I stream Magic http://www.twitch.tv/acowen Tune in for EDH Fun Times!
NebulosDisconcertion

Postby NebulosDisconcertion » 02 Jun 2014, 21:31

http://www.twitch.tv/loadingreadyrun/b/516542308
This should be the other missing part. Between youtube pt3 (which is actually part 4) and youtube pt4 (which is actually part 6). Call it threeve?

There are two missing parts between youtube parts 5 and 6, which amount to four twitch videos;
this one http://www.twitch.tv/loadingreadyrun/b/520448508 (4 minutes of technical difficulties)
and this one http://www.twitch.tv/loadingreadyrun/b/520457509 (actual stream), are one part.

And this one http://www.twitch.tv/loadingreadyrun/b/522420638 (half a game of Blitzball)
and this one http://www.twitch.tv/loadingreadyrun/b/522428054 are the second.
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 11 Jun 2014, 17:19

YAY! SHE SAVED SPIRA!
GDwarf
First Video: Unskippable

Postby GDwarf » 26 Jun 2014, 16:39

So, I'm watching through Kathleen's run on SMT: Nocturne*, and an incidental comment caught my attention: Kathleen says that part of the reason she hasn't tried the Etrian Odyssey titles is their generic fantasy setting.

Well, I have good(ish) news! None of the EO titles are actually set in a generic fantasy world. About 3/4 of the way through each of the titles (save Untold Story, which I'll get to in a minute) you discover that the games are all post-apocalyptic. Civilization collapsed generations ago and the Yggdrasil labyrinth (or equivalent for each title) hides relics and technology from the past. Still, the games retain a strong medieval fantasy feeling, and I totally understand that being off-putting.

EO3 and Untold Story change things up. EO3 is all about a tropical coastal town with pirates and the like, so the theme is very colourful and aquatic, with lots of cabana and ship-inspired designs, as opposed to the green forest + mountains with castles of standard fantasy. Untold Story is a remake of the first title, but with added characters and plot (by default in EO games you get to create your own back stories for your party) and it makes clear from the start that this civilization is post-apocalyptic.** It still has the medieval fantasy aesthetic, but it's rather like the Feudal-era parts of SMTIV.

All that said, I don't know that the EO titles would be good for streaming. They're light on plot, and the drawing of the map on the touch screen, making your own, personal, guide to the world, is such a big part of it that I don't know that they'd translate well to the live-stream format. I'm mostly making this post because I find the EO games are in many ways like Dark Souls: They can be hard to get into at first, and they're not for everyone, but if they do click with you they're fantastic, and I'd hate for someone who loves JRPGs to pass them by because they seemed too generic.

Anyways, sorry for the wall of text behind a spoiler tag, but while the EO games don't have much plot until near the end, I really wouldn't want to ruin them for anyone considering picking up the titles who hadn't yet.

*Meaning that it's from half a year ago, so this post could be entirely out of date and pointless. Hopefully not, though.

**Untold Story has a character from Canada! She's a hard-drinking warrior from a rich family in Ontario (where it's apparently "colder than a witch's tit" in winter, which is about right) who loves maple ice cream. What's not to love about that? :P***

***Good lord, did I just make a post with 2 3 footnotes? I need to read less Terry Pratchett...
May those who accept their fate find happiness; Those who defy it, glory!
ritchards
First Video: The Job (first video on The Escapist)

Postby ritchards » 27 Jun 2014, 17:51

Just seen the latest Checkpoint... am I the only one who now wants to see Kathleen race through FF8 in full scrub mode?
Moussefilledkitten
First Video: Checkpoint

Postby Moussefilledkitten » 27 Jun 2014, 20:41

I'd be really interested in her trying Shadow Hearts, it being a paranormal jrpg set set in the pre WWII Japan/Europe and not a fantasy world. I have an extra copy I'd be willing to donate to the cause.
Metricos
First Video: Friday Nights. I know. Late to the party

Postby Metricos » 28 Jun 2014, 10:50

Moussefilledkitten wrote:I'd be really interested in her trying Shadow Hearts, it being a paranormal jrpg set set in the pre WWII Japan/Europe and not a fantasy world. I have an extra copy I'd be willing to donate to the cause.

Love me some Shadow Hearts. Well. The first two, at least. From The New World was not so good.
@coffeeandquests

Metricos in Twitch chat
jkefka
First Video: Does Desert Bus count? Feed dump if not

Postby jkefka » 28 Jun 2014, 14:15

Absolutely has to be Shadow Hearts: Covenant. All-around fantastic game, and while you miss a few nods if you don't know the first game really well, the story holds together very well as a stand-alone entity.
When the upkeep takes longer than the main phase, I know I've done my job well.
Moussefilledkitten
First Video: Checkpoint

Postby Moussefilledkitten » 29 Jun 2014, 06:06

I agree that SHC is a superior game and I absolutely love Karin. However, I think it gains quite a lot for having played the first game considering the interweaving of the plots. While you really don't need to play Koudelka to get SH (and it possibly detracts from it as it spoils a reveal in SH) and From the New World is pretty stand alone and definitely the weakest of the the three, Shadow Hearts and Shadow Hearts Covenant are meant to be a pair.
MetricFurlong
First Video: Phone Manner

Postby MetricFurlong » 29 Jun 2014, 13:46

Moussefilledkitten wrote: Shadow Hearts and Shadow Hearts Covenant are meant to be a pair.

Indeed, it's a direct sequel (iirc Covenant's Japanese title is just 'Shadow Hearts II').
NebulosDisconcertion

Postby NebulosDisconcertion » 30 Jul 2014, 16:26

Super on-time missing-from-youtube links for between part 15 and 17*:
http://www.twitch.tv/loadingreadyrun/b/533115419
http://www.twitch.tv/loadingreadyrun/b/533163852
http://www.twitch.tv/loadingreadyrun/b/535437847

*That would be '16' if you follow conventional mathematics.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 31 Jul 2014, 01:28

I'm renumbering all the episodes based on the new spreadsheet, and now I can start filling in the missing eps.
MistahFixIt
First Video: Rapidfire: Episode 1

Postby MistahFixIt » 16 Aug 2014, 18:05

I'd really like to see Kathleen play Lost Odyssey at some point. Supposedly its written by the person who originally created Final Fantasy, and then left before it got all weird and stupid. Problem being of course that it is HUEG.

Return to “LoadingReadyRun Streams”