IDDQDerp

Discuss your favourite LRR streams!
Arakasi
First Video: Uhh, no idea.

Re: IDDQDerp

Postby Arakasi » 11 Jun 2014, 03:40

Hey Alex, I just watched the replay of you playing Lifeless Planet, and it has to be one of the most depressing things I've ever seen. I strongly recommend a good strong dose of The Brigmore Witches DLC for Dishonored. Cure thyself.
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 11 Jun 2014, 06:52

Why was it depressing? Other than the 2 incomprehensible sections, he was having a good time.
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

romangoro
First Video: The Couch

Postby romangoro » 11 Jun 2014, 09:05

Why did he decide to finish marathon the game? Was it that he was having fun or did he bet it with the chat or something like that?
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 11 Jun 2014, 10:59

He thought he was close to the end, so he figured he might as well just push through. Turned out to be another 3 hours left (albeit partially due to Alex's deteriorating mental state, if he had split the stream it probably would have gone much faster).
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Arakasi
First Video: Uhh, no idea.

Postby Arakasi » 12 Jun 2014, 15:16

AdmiralMemo wrote:Why was it depressing? Other than the 2 incomprehensible sections, he was having a good time.

Watching him go from talking about how much he loves a game, or a game's design/concept, then seeing it slowly deteriorate around him and watching him go mad with frustration is pretty depressing.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 12 Jun 2014, 16:15

I found it rather fascinating. And a tad frustrating as I kept wanting to yell at him "IT'S RIGHT THERE! NO, BACK BEHIND YOU! GAHHHHHHHHHHHH!", and so forth.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Dominic Appleguard

Postby Dominic Appleguard » 13 Jun 2014, 09:18

plummeting_sloth
First Video: three PS3s

Postby plummeting_sloth » 13 Jun 2014, 10:41

There's something creepily correct about dude in a cloak and plaster child's mask dropping wooden carvings that break and say "I'm sorry"
He habitually wears an expression as if he had determined to drive his head through a brick wall, and was about to do it (Description of U.S. Grant)
Elomin Sha wrote:I love the smell of napalm'd sloths in the morning.
Littha
First Video: Phailhouse

Postby Littha » 14 Jun 2014, 08:12

Alex would be having so many fewer problems if he knew how to do the rolling attack in Dark souls. It really is useful but nobody seems to have told him how to do it... (light attack at the end of a roll). I did try to say it in the stream but its kinda hard to get noticed.
ch3m1kal
First Video: Unskippable

Postby ch3m1kal » 15 Jun 2014, 06:50

So I've been screwing around with that wickfut ENB preset to get it to work better, and I've figured some things out.

First thing to do is to make sure you're not using the default DOF file, which is far too aggressive and just make everything more than 10m away from you super blurry. There are a bunch of different presets on the nexus mods page for wickfut, feel free to experiment and see which one you like better. Sadly this is not a parameter in ENB that you can modify, but a file you have to replace.

Now moving on, one thing to note is that despite the name, everything with "Day" in the name controls outdoor lighting, while everything with "Night" actually controls lighting in dark areas, which mostly means indoor.

- Under "GLOBAL" there is a "UseEffect" checkbox.
Unchecking it disables all ENB features. I only mention this, because on the last stream Alex went to the trouble of removing ENB entirely because he didn't know this exists.

- Under "COLOR CORRECTION" there are both Gamma and Brightness controls. Gamma is best left at 1 or maybe just a bit above, brightness feel free to play with until you get somewhere that works. I have it at 1.5.

- Most of the important settings are under "ENVIRONMENT" (example screenshots are with those values turned WAY up just to illustrate what they do.

First things first, here is how the game looks normally with my settings.

"DirectLightingIntensity" - controls things like sunlight, and those lights that come through cracks in dungeons, but NOT things like torches and ambient lights. Truning it up makes the spots that are illuminated by those particular lights brighter, but does not brighten the overall environment

"AmbientLightingIntensity" - controls global lighting, or better said, self illumination. Turning it up will basically cause all objects in the world to be better lit, regardless of if there's any light source there or not. Turning this up too far will make things look flat and ugly.

"PointLightingIntensity" - controls dynamic light sources such as torches and bonfires. Turning it up makes all of these brighter, INCLUDING THE PLAYER LIGHT. This is very important because by default, with ENB the player doesn't cast any light, which is a bit game breaking IMO.

Finally anything with "*curve" in the name, is technically a gamma control for that particular type of light, but the net effect is that higher values make the COLOR of the light more intense while lowering the brightness.

Here's an example of messing with the "PointLightingCurveNight" setting.

Note that for the above, I adjusted the "Day" values for the first screenshots, and the "Night" values for the last one, in the dungeon.

Finally for those of your are of the TL:DR persuasion, here's a customized enbseries.ini that should fix most of the issues, however please note that I haven't played very far into DS2 yet so I can't test the later areas, though hopefully my explanation of what things do should help you sort it out yourself if any issues do arise.
http://goo.gl/7I7bf9

Hope this helps some of you get more out of your Dark Souls 2!
Alex Steacy
First Video: Beats me! No seriously Graham hits me.

Postby Alex Steacy » 15 Jun 2014, 14:19

That's actually pretty handy, I'll try to add it for next stream. Also, we have a Dark Souls general thread now! viewtopic.php?f=17&t=22618
Lysander
First Video: Daily Drop: Eggs

Postby Lysander » 15 Jun 2014, 18:51

I was watching Alex go through the Earthen Peak the other day and then deal with the boss. And then it occured to me -- tower, giant gears, beheaded gorgon. It's one big awkward shout-out to Castlevania's Clock Tower area.
Dominic Appleguard

Postby Dominic Appleguard » 18 Jun 2014, 09:55

Saunabath
First Video: Echo

Postby Saunabath » 19 Jun 2014, 03:41

Watching the Spintires video, it actually looks pretty fun. Some co-op or multiplayer play would be cool to see, like maybe a Crossing the Streams sometimes.
PMAvers
First Video: DB4

Postby PMAvers » 19 Jun 2014, 15:04

So with the Steam Sale running, is there a specific account/e-mail address to send them to if we wish to classbomb Alex with games?
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 19 Jun 2014, 23:05

[email protected]

And thank you!
HeyZootie
First Video: Commodore Hustle

Postby HeyZootie » 21 Jun 2014, 09:02

Quoth Alex on the subject of games which suck at first, and get good later:

"Imagine if you had the most delicious pizza in the world in front of you. And there was a lump of cat sh8 on one side."

Quoth I: "And that's the part you had to eat first".
PMAvers
First Video: DB4

Postby PMAvers » 21 Jun 2014, 19:57

Graham wrote:[email protected]

And thank you!

Cool, sent a few things that way yesterday. Not really sure if they've already got them on the account, but they don't seem to have been played on stream yet.

I figure one of those is right up Alex's alley. :D

Something that also might be fun is GUN GODZ,a free game by Vlambeer. It's a DOOM-esque game about gangster rap on Venus.
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 23 Jun 2014, 21:40

So I just finished watching Silent Hill: Downpour. I'm not sure if the other endings have been mentioned or not. But for the end sequence where you play 'the bogey man,' you get to choose if you want to kill Cunningham or not (like Alex had been asking for) I recommend checking out the other endings, as I feel they do give a decent payoff to the rest of the game (with one bad end even giving a decent payoff to the whole 'cupcake' thing in my opinion).

But the big thing I want to point out is that (spoilers) if you don't kill Cunningham, it'll turn out that you didn't kill her father. The corrupt jailman did. Which I thought was a pretty nice touch, since the game before that doesn't show you killing him.
guidance
First Video: Omni-Lingual

Postby guidance » 30 Jun 2014, 22:12

And thank you!

Is this account just for watch and play or all games we would like to send Alex?

Beyond Good and Evil is just sitting in my inventory not being enjoyed.
"My scythe--I like to keep it next to where my heart used to be"
ritchards
First Video: The Job (first video on The Escapist)

Postby ritchards » 30 Jun 2014, 23:20

That is the general account for all LRR games.
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 01 Jul 2014, 09:19

If you want to give it to just Alex, he uses the IDDQDerp account.
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

GDwarf
First Video: Unskippable

Postby GDwarf » 01 Jul 2014, 10:27

Alex mentioned today that he likes playing games about becoming a pretty princess, so I have to recommend Long Live the Queen. It's a game entirely about becoming a pretty princess...while repeatedly dying because you failed to study enough accounting last month.

I don't know how good it'd be to stream, since it's text-heavy and entirely turn-based (you pick what the princess will study that day and then die because you picked the wrong one. Repeatedly. :B) but I thought it worth mentioning.
May those who accept their fate find happiness; Those who defy it, glory!
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 01 Jul 2014, 13:19

Yeah, I'd been seriously considering that during the sales.

But if not to stream, maybe alex'd like it just to play offline (I know, madness, right? ;) )
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 01 Jul 2014, 20:51

And thank you!

I probably cannot be trusted with this information.
a winner is you. - Ash
King Kool, you are wrong. - Graham
King Kool, shut your face. - James
This thread was creepy until KingKool made it AWESOME. - Tombrend
Why this obsession with foam implements? - Metcarfre

Return to “LoadingReadyRun Streams”