A Swiftly Tilting Cameron

Discuss your favourite LRR streams!
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Re: A Swiftly Tilting Cameron

Postby Master Gunner » 11 Jul 2014, 13:29

I checked the original sheet, and it doesn't look like he got to you, sorry.

Towards the end of his XCom streams, it really got into an endless grind of rookies against the first one or two missions before paving, limiting his progress through the sheet.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Ptangmatik
First Video: probably one of the 1st unskippables

Postby Ptangmatik » 12 Jul 2014, 01:08

I wonder if Cam should try Xcom The Long War?

The extra unit types, MEC types and weaponry should offer more tactical choices and enemy strength ramps over time, presumably more in line with player development, rather than just flooding the map with bastards on the fourth level.

This mod makes more than 700 changes, large and small, to the vanilla version of the game. It is harder and longer than the vanilla version but gives you many more tools to combat the alien threat.

It does also state that

THANK YOU FOR TESTING A BETA. PLEASE NOTE IT MAY HAVE STABILITY PROBLEMS AND OTHER BUGS, SO PLAYING IRONMAN OR WITH AUTOSAVE OFF IS NOT A GOOD IDEA. IT MAY ALSO HAVE BALANCE ISSUES.
If you want a cleaner version of this mod, you should play the EU version or wait until this version is final.

So I assume that means there's always the possibility that the game might die mid level, but if it offers a more challenging experience, it might be worth considering, with a rul that Cam can only reload a save if the level actually crashes.
Last edited by Ptangmatik on 12 Jul 2014, 01:16, edited 1 time in total.
Geoff_B wrote: ... Even for here, that was weird.
Jenelmo
First Video: Friday nights: Untap

Postby Jenelmo » 12 Jul 2014, 01:13

He talked about the long war on stream, he said that he have played it and liked it but there was to many bugs to play it on stream but that he might play it later when some of the bugs got fixed
There must always be a Stark in the Moonbase
Ptangmatik
First Video: probably one of the 1st unskippables

Postby Ptangmatik » 12 Jul 2014, 01:19

Ah. I should watch more of that stream.
Geoff_B wrote: ... Even for here, that was weird.
My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 12 Jul 2014, 03:22

So... now I've actually subscribed, how do I put myself on the XCam spreadsheet? I can't seem to add myself to the new one.
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
Phailhammer
First Video: Fun With Microwaves (I think)

Postby Phailhammer » 12 Jul 2014, 03:48

Preacher wrote:Do you have one of those for every occasion, Phailhammer?
Geoff_B wrote:And lo, the plot to end the world was undone by a bandwidth exceeded notice.
FictionPress stories:
The Vitaris Insurrection, The Outbreak (The latter not written by me, but I am in it.)
My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 12 Jul 2014, 03:54

Danke muchly

EDIT: Er... can't seem to edit the document. WAT DO?!?

My apologies for being a terrible scrub
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
Phailhammer
First Video: Fun With Microwaves (I think)

Postby Phailhammer » 12 Jul 2014, 04:40

It would have been more helpful if I had linked the right one. -_-

Try this one.
Preacher wrote:Do you have one of those for every occasion, Phailhammer?
Geoff_B wrote:And lo, the plot to end the world was undone by a bandwidth exceeded notice.
FictionPress stories:
The Vitaris Insurrection, The Outbreak (The latter not written by me, but I am in it.)
RedNightmare
First Video: The Job

Postby RedNightmare » 14 Jul 2014, 09:34

I know this is several weeks late, but I am just catching up on the Valiant Hearts stream and I'm around 2 hours into the first stream:

The Taxi scene through Paris with the objects appearing in sync with the music was a thing of pure joy. That is how you do game design!
"I wouldn't call myself an evil genius. Simply genius will suffice."

http://www.twitch.tv/rednightmare7

Dominic Appleguard

Postby Dominic Appleguard » 14 Jul 2014, 11:10

RedNightmare wrote:I know this is several weeks late, but I am just catching up on the Valiant Hearts stream and I'm around 2 hours into the first stream:

The Taxi scene through Paris with the objects appearing in sync with the music was a thing of pure joy. That is how you do game design!

Rayman Legends does that sort of thing too. Both were made by Ubi Montpellier, so that's probably why.
Using music that way is a very clever idea. When I played Legends I found that, of course, getting rhythmic cues for when to hit the button is useful, but there were more sophisticated effects going on. A repetitive section in a song was always tied to a repetitive section in the platforming, which was then punctuated with a variation on the sequence when the music did something new. If I had to prepare myself for that variation by memorizing how many times the repetitive thing would happen (if that makes any sense), I would have quickly gotten frustrated, but with the music I was able to do it by intuition alone. Plus, like Valiant Hearts, a lot of the songs were familiar (World 1's musical level is "Black Betty", World 3 ends with "Eye of the Tiger"), so that was also helpful.
RedNightmare

Postby RedNightmare » 14 Jul 2014, 11:28

Hell yes the new Rayman games are a great example of it. I've completed Rayman Origins and that game does great things with music too. Like the music world were all the instrument you jump of on add to the theme in the background. And of course the music is fantastic throughout (and Eye of the Tiger you say? Like Legends wasn't a must get for me yet).

Dominic Appleguard

Postby Dominic Appleguard » 14 Jul 2014, 21:09

Yeah, it's politeness alone that stops me from turning every LRL thread into a discussion about Legends.
RedNightmare

Postby RedNightmare » 16 Jul 2014, 12:13

So I just finished watching the Valiant Hearts streams. That makes 4 games now that have made me shed actual tears (granted, in Gone Home they did not leave the eyes, but I'm counting it).

Booster
First Video: Checkpoint- Episode 1

Postby Booster » 24 Jul 2014, 06:16

What did you guys think of Cam playing classic? I liked it, it was nice to see some more of the game. It was also nice to see him get spanked for being unbelievably cocky and careless.

I'd like to see him do a full classic run. I really like his XCOM streams but I'm getting tired of the meat grinder. I know Cam CAN beat impossible, but I'm not sure he can do it on stream (streaming or lets playing adds a level of difficulty to games)
ch3m1kal
First Video: Unskippable

Postby ch3m1kal » 24 Jul 2014, 06:42

Speaking of classic X-com, I'd personally like to our glorious Camander attempt a playthrough of one of the old games, which were you know... actually hard and not just RNG bullshit. Also far better and more complex games with nearly infinite replayability, compared to the new ones.

The OpenXcom project is a multiplatform port of the original UFO: Enemy Unknown that fixes a lot of the bugs in the ancient engine and makes it play nice with modern OSes. This would probably be the easiest option for streaming.

For straight up tilt mode, there's always Terror From the Deep and DOSbox.
HeyZootie
First Video: Commodore Hustle

Postby HeyZootie » 02 Aug 2014, 07:31

Just wanted to put a note in for Cam - I consider 12 hour streams to be a serious holycrap and have no expectations about the length of the streams we get. I'll take whatever you guys find fun to create, so please don't get yourself burned out or anything! Keep having fun on teh internet so we can enjoy the ride along with you :)
PMAvers
First Video: DB4

Postby PMAvers » 05 Aug 2014, 08:45

Speaking of XCam, something was just announced that could make a interesting Crossing the Streams when it comes out.
DaMage
First Video: Wireless

Postby DaMage » 06 Aug 2014, 17:52

Well damn....I was 8 and a half hours into watching the replay from last week on twitch and nearly the whole thing has now been muted because of the music Cam is listening to. :(
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 06 Aug 2014, 18:01

DaMage wrote:Well damn....I was 8 and a half hours into watching the replay from last week on twitch and nearly the whole thing has now been muted because of the music Cam is listening to. :(
There's always LiveStreamer, since they're doing it in the player, not in the actual file. That should work. The down-side is that you can't pause and you also can't jump around in the file, so no skipping commercials or going back to see something you missed (without watching the whole thing again).
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

HeyZootie
First Video: Commodore Hustle

Postby HeyZootie » 09 Aug 2014, 16:12

Question about the 12-hour stream on Aug. 6th - what port was that? It sounded pretty good, and I haven't had good port (or any) in a long time.
DaMage
First Video: Wireless

Postby DaMage » 13 Aug 2014, 22:03

So what happened on Cam's stream today between hours 9:30 - 10 that got it flag by twitch?
phlip
First Video: Eternal Sonata (Unskippable)

Postby phlip » 15 Aug 2014, 03:07

[edit] Never mind what I had here before, I was looking at a different segment. And it seems they're actually stripping the audio from the files now, rather than just sending down a signal to mute the player like they were before, so there's no way to take a listen to what happened. Oh well.

I still stand by my previous guess that it was probably a false positive, but again, there's no way to check, because Twitch doesn't actually tell you what matched, or what it matched with just that there appears to be a match.
While no one overhear you quickly tell me not cow cow.
but how about watch phone?

[he/him/his]
Trippzen
First Video: Unskippable

Postby Trippzen » 18 Aug 2014, 20:49

Has anyone suggested Plague Inc: Evolved for Swiftly Tilting Cameron? It's an early access game but it seems like it would be ideal given that it's a strategy game about wiping out the human race. I don't remember if Plague Inc was discussed during one of the streams but I think I remember a discussion on early access games and a hesitation about playing them before they're officially released.
Trippzen or Scy
Battle.net: Scy#1617
WoW: Scy (US-Proudmoore)
MowDownJoe
First Video: Joystique

Postby MowDownJoe » 19 Aug 2014, 06:41

Cameron doesn't really seem to take suggestions of games to play very well. No matter how many times you say you'd like to see him run a prison in Prison Architect.
Victim of a Platinum Angel/Phage combo in Momir. Thanks, LRR!
Booster
First Video: Checkpoint- Episode 1

Postby Booster » 20 Aug 2014, 18:18

Dear Dr Cam, why so many 12 hour streams recently, I absolutely love it but when did you get all this free time?

Return to “LoadingReadyRun Streams”