A Swiftly Tilting Cameron

Discuss your favourite LRR streams!
Necabo
First Video: an lrr vid on the escapist spring 2011

Re: A Swiftly Tilting Cameron

Postby Necabo » 26 Jan 2014, 13:51

I got a black haired canadian female, and I thought why not a LRR crewer (not technically canadian but who really cares). Then the nickname came along, and it was too good not to keep :o

Kathleen 'Tombstone' De Vere; Most badass soldier in my army. Too bad I am not too good at this game and will inevitable kill off the whole squad, but for now....
ImageImage

Dominic Appleguard

Postby Dominic Appleguard » 26 Jan 2014, 16:16

Lord Hosk wrote:I have never said it, but if you dont call dibs in the next 24 hours, Im calling it.

Dibs.
Bergie
First Video: Man Cooking: Meatshroom

Postby Bergie » 26 Jan 2014, 21:23

Bought Enemy Unknown and have power-leveled up past the Base Mission when I'm starting to get Bersekers and the upgraded floaters, though now I'm having a little mortality problem. I have only lost 4, but one was a Colonel and one was a Captain. Anyone know how much of the game is left after this?
The E
First Video: Buttstallation

Postby The E » 27 Jan 2014, 01:41

The base assault (You mean the one that you have to do once you get the skeleton key, right?) is about the midway point of the game.
MowDownJoe
First Video: Joystique

Postby MowDownJoe » 27 Jan 2014, 05:44

So, I can relate with Cam right about now. Ironman Classic, with training roulette on. Delayed my base assault so much that I had a bloody Sectopod in there. (I couldn't capture the outsider.) Then, less than a month after the base assault, base defense pops up. Not fun. I've had to restart it 5 times, since they let you restart the mission if you fail it.
Victim of a Platinum Angel/Phage combo in Momir. Thanks, LRR!
My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 27 Jan 2014, 07:10

I feel like that may be about to happen with my (recently rebooted, damn you Cam) new campaign (Classic non-Ironman for the record). I'm nearly 2 months in and yet to capture my first alien, through an annoying combination of circumstance and cash (spending money on everything apart from alien containment)
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
Bergie

Postby Bergie » 27 Jan 2014, 11:23

I built the arc-thrower fairly quickly and got a Thin Man and a Sectoid, but I really need to get about capturing the Big Brain guys so I can get Psions. I keep forgetting to equip the damn thing!

As a side note, is capturing the drones worth it?
Haza Vair
First Video: Unskippable: Star Ocean

Postby Haza Vair » 27 Jan 2014, 21:50

For next game: I don't know what Cam thinks of them, but how about something along the lines of Devil May Cry or Bayonetta? Their top difficulties are staggeringly punishing.
My pseudonym is Ix

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 28 Jan 2014, 03:09

I think we're sticking to strategy games for Cam's stream
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
Clypheous
First Video: Checkpoint Episode One

Postby Clypheous » 28 Jan 2014, 12:21

Well, I do think if you wanted to see Cameron tilt, making him play Bayonetta would certainly be a way to break him completely...While that might be temporarily amusing, where would we get our deadpan science in video games from then? I mean, Hank Green doesn't even PLAY video games as far as I can tell...
Bergie

Postby Bergie » 29 Jan 2014, 21:02

From a purely educational standpoint, and though I know it's not his style for the stream, I almost wish Cam would drop down to Classic so we can see some of the later-game content. I'm starting to beat up on Muton Elites ever more frequently now, and I'm trying to figure out the best way to salvage my own game :P

Btw, I think the Tutorial is designed to screw you over in the base-building. . .
jkefka
First Video: Does Desert Bus count? Feed dump if not

Postby jkefka » 30 Jan 2014, 05:09

Cam almost played his personal non-stream game where he's doing very well last night. The chat talked him out of it, knowing that it would go to hell. We don't want him hurting himself like that.

Anyways, think Dark Souls logic. It's punishing and he'll be doing it over and over, but when it ultimately succeeds it will be so much sweeter. And I don't mind watching him tilt at rookies for hours, certainly, I don't know about anyone else.
When the upkeep takes longer than the main phase, I know I've done my job well.
Can't Wear Hats
Admiral Robocop
First Video: Fun with Microwaves

Postby Can't Wear Hats » 30 Jan 2014, 05:13

jkefka wrote:Anyways, think Dark Souls logic. It's punishing and he'll be doing it over and over, but when it ultimately succeeds it will be so much sweeter.

Exactly. And if you're feeling disheartened, just tell yourself...

;)
"We're not on this asteroid for very long, let's be nice to one another." - Alex Steacy

LRL: http://imgur.com/a/EoMQz#0
Desert Bus 007: http://imgur.com/a/ikM5G#0
Desert Bus 8: http://imgur.com/a/ksPiS

Twitter | Twitch

empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 30 Jan 2014, 05:43

...Hats?

RedNightmare
First Video: The Job

Postby RedNightmare » 30 Jan 2014, 08:33

^ What empath said! Amazing
"I wouldn't call myself an evil genius. Simply genius will suffice."

http://www.twitch.tv/rednightmare7

MisterDee
First Video: It's Magic

Postby MisterDee » 30 Jan 2014, 08:56

I'm sure Cam's next save file will be a winner. /deadpan

I do think that at some point, Cam should switch to "self-enforced" Ironman, if only to cut down on replaying the intro mission over and over again.
cyberjoek
First Video: Desert Bus 1

Postby cyberjoek » 30 Jan 2014, 13:27

Was going to rewatch yesterday's episode (missed the first half due to no notification from Twitch) and found the YouTube video has been muted due to copyrighted music. Boo.
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 30 Jan 2014, 13:37

Yeah, I was a big supporter of Cam sticking to "ironman" but clearly being on stream is too much of a distraction. I know he is better than what it shows on the stream.

As much as I love the "lambs to the Lauder" idea, if it takes all stream to get to that point and then a half hour into the next stream we pave it the concept is lost.
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
My pseudonym is Ix

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 30 Jan 2014, 13:54

Lord Hosk wrote:Yeah, I was a big supporter of Cam sticking to "ironman" but clearly being on stream is too much of a distraction. I know he is better than what it shows on the stream.

As much as I love the "lambs to the Lauder" idea, if it takes all stream to get to that point and then a half hour into the next stream we pave it the concept is lost.

Agreed. As much as I enjoy Cam's stream, the constant cycle of rookies-squaddies-pave-repeat has been starting to wear thin. Just not seeing all of what the game has to offer, I feel
Can't Wear Hats
Admiral Robocop
First Video: Fun with Microwaves

Postby Can't Wear Hats » 30 Jan 2014, 15:09

I wouldn't be opposed to Cam starting a game off stream and getting it to a certain level before bringing us in, but then again that might take away from our investment in how the game is going.

And thanks for the love guys, you're the best <3

"We're not on this asteroid for very long, let's be nice to one another." - Alex Steacy

LRL: http://imgur.com/a/EoMQz#0
Desert Bus 007: http://imgur.com/a/ikM5G#0
Desert Bus 8: http://imgur.com/a/ksPiS

Twitter | Twitch

DPLP
First Video: Escapist News Network

Postby DPLP » 30 Jan 2014, 18:32

Just wanted to congratulate you on your fortitude during all those awful game moments last stream. Don't feel bad, it was all bad luck / the rookies' fault all the way, and I'm pretty sure the chat will back you up on that.

I'm looking forward to the next A Quietly Tilting Cameron stream, whatever the result. Never give up, never surrender!
My pseudonym is Ix

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 31 Jan 2014, 03:14

Can't Wear Hats wrote:I wouldn't be opposed to Cam starting a game off stream and getting it to a certain level before bringing us in, but then again that might take away from our investment in how the game is going.

And thanks for the love guys, you're the best <3

My only problem with this idea is that we'd essentially be asking Cam to go and do all the boring stuff in his free time, which seems a little harsh.
ritchards
First Video: The Job (first video on The Escapist)

Postby ritchards » 31 Jan 2014, 08:24

Small problem with Part 5 on Youtube:

"This video previously contained a copyrighted audio track. Due to a claim by a copyright holder, the audio track has been muted. "

So we can't hear our glorious Cam... or anything at all...
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 31 Jan 2014, 11:15

My pseudonym is Ix wrote:
Lord Hosk wrote:Yeah, I was a big supporter of Cam sticking to "ironman" but clearly being on stream is too much of a distraction. I know he is better than what it shows on the stream.

Agreed. As much as I enjoy Cam's stream, the constant cycle of rookies-squaddies-pave-repeat has been starting to wear thin. Just not seeing all of what the game has to offer, I feel

It is getting a tad repetitive. Maybe a form of self-enforced ironman, where when he gets to the point where he'd normally pave the save, he can go back and repeat the last mission. Still has the opportunity for a complete pave (if he gets stuck on one of those graveyard or highway levels), but we'll actually be able to make forward progress overall.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Ptangmatik
First Video: probably one of the 1st unskippables

Postby Ptangmatik » 31 Jan 2014, 17:46

https://www.dropbox.com/s/osekwtap5kiatew/XCamFineHQ.gif

I've drafted a little something. it's a bit jerky and its a bit too big for me to imagehost it, but its getting there.
Geoff_B wrote: ... Even for here, that was weird.

Return to “LoadingReadyRun Streams”