Postby Dix » 31 Jan 2014, 17:48

Try using imgur?
Desert Bus 1,2,3,4,5,6,and 9 Chat mod
Desert Bus 007 and 8 Onsite Chat Mod
Booster
First Video: Checkpoint- Episode 1

Re: A Swiftly Tilting Cameron

Postby Booster » 31 Jan 2014, 17:56

I don't mind the frequent pave's. After all, its called a Swiftly tilting Cameron, and nothing makes him tilt quite like pave after pave :)
(Poor Cam, please don't think I celebrating your misery...well not much anyway)
plummeting_sloth
First Video: three PS3s

Postby plummeting_sloth » 31 Jan 2014, 17:59

Huh... I mean, yeah to be honest, if he just basically disabled the chat entirely and just streamed it talking his way through his logic, I'd be alright with that. Let's face it, the difficulty of the game is preventing him from interacting with us much in the first place
He habitually wears an expression as if he had determined to drive his head through a brick wall, and was about to do it (Description of U.S. Grant)
Elomin Sha wrote:I love the smell of napalm'd sloths in the morning.
Ptangmatik
First Video: probably one of the 1st unskippables

Postby Ptangmatik » 01 Feb 2014, 04:10

I think a self-imposed partial ironman mode where he has to continue on any mission that isn't a complete wipe would allow him to get on to the later levels. Like, autosave at the top of every mission and go from there. (obviously, losing 3/4 people on two or three missions, losing many cvountries or having every trooper lose will from grave wounds would still necessitate a pave)

That said, I'm still enjoying watching him play. I'm so gung ho in xcom, I'd have no chance at that difficulty level
Geoff_B wrote: ... Even for here, that was weird.
Bergie
First Video: Man Cooking: Meatshroom

Postby Bergie » 01 Feb 2014, 21:51

Just beat the game and I see Cams point re the final Temple Ship Assault. Up to the final fight (took 5 tries, 3 lost to buggy computer, one to one round TPK), it was mostly just marking time until the final fight. Nothing even really hit me except the Sectopods.
Conoros
First Video: How to speak like a pirate

Postby Conoros » 06 Feb 2014, 06:00

Is it possible to edit your entry on the sheet after you've been chosen, the activated soldiers seem to be gone from the main page? I entered gibberish for the nickname bit
Conor / Magellus
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 06 Feb 2014, 06:41

That was SOOO much better. Cam taking his time and not getting 7 wipes on the first mission was a vast improvement, then we started to care about the troopers and not want them to die rather than just be like "oh there went another sprite, shot in the head by a sectoid"
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 06 Feb 2014, 07:14

yeah, a relaxed attitude and a little luck and we've got him making happy quips like "<to a sectoid> Gee, I don't think you weigh enough. Here - take these. <MEC fires rotary cannon at same little alien>"

...still mixed emotion about Canada - sad that it pulled out of the project from just one abduction raid, but kinda proud that it cared that much about my home town :lol:
jkefka
First Video: Does Desert Bus count? Feed dump if not

Postby jkefka » 06 Feb 2014, 11:37

I wonder if losing canada already means that he won't get THAT terror mission. You know, the one with the fishing village.

I'd be kind of disappointed.

But yeah, last night was a great start. I think Cam has figured out how to play on the stream, and even if he has to pave this one at some point I feel like he'll be getting well into these games instead of scrubbing out instantly. Patient, careful progress is always a good bet. At least until you have fully upgraded snipers with gene mods and laser rifles, at which point doing 7 damage twice per turn from across the map is your best bet.
When the upkeep takes longer than the main phase, I know I've done my job well.
DPLP
First Video: Escapist News Network

Postby DPLP » 06 Feb 2014, 17:23

Hey if I might ask a question, what radio site is Cam always listening to? I can't quite make out the name from the ornate logo or read the url.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 06 Feb 2014, 17:40

It's http://www.rdio.com, the poor-man's Spotify (which isn't available in Canada).
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
DPLP
First Video: Escapist News Network

Postby DPLP » 07 Feb 2014, 05:10

Thanks MG. I was searching all over for "Internet radio RDO" and got nothing. Totally cool with the poor man's solution :)
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 07 Feb 2014, 22:19

I've been watching Cam and it's funny how you can tell how upset he is just by the way he blinks. He's like "I actually have to close my eyes for a second and not look at this."
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

GNRC_SRNM
First Video: unskippable - blood on the sand

Postby GNRC_SRNM » 13 Feb 2014, 05:58

I think that it would be nice if Cam brought a prepared game from home that's past the second council report or so - because I'm not sure we've seen any ingame content past April, and watching him do the beginning again and again is getting kind of repetitive, but I'd love to see him have a little more success.

Then again, that might be bringing "work" home.
Bergie
First Video: Man Cooking: Meatshroom

Postby Bergie » 13 Feb 2014, 10:18

Just a question, but when others play this game what kind of Class ratios do you have? I have played two games so far, and in the first game I had a total of 28 soldiers, and 15 of them were Support with only one sniper. In the new game, I have a total of 23 soldiers (only lost a heavy and a support) and I have 10 Snipers, and 8 Support, with the other five being 2 assaults and 3 heavies. Isn't the game supposed to give you something even resembling a balance between the recruits?
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 13 Feb 2014, 13:16

Bergie, I think it's fully random, but I could be wrong.

I think we need to figure out a better way to handle the XCam list. As it stands, people are able to mess with other peoples' entries with no repercussions (I know someone mentioned this happening to them last night). That, combined with the problem with having it really be 'subscriber only,' makes me think that there should be a better way to handle it. Proble is, I don't have any good ideas.

For the record, I don't care too much about the non-subscribers getting on in theory. But it seemed like Cam meant it to be for subs only, hence why I think it's a problem.
Phailhammer
First Video: Fun With Microwaves (I think)

Postby Phailhammer » 13 Feb 2014, 17:27

Create some sort of approval system? I'm not sure how many people would be willing to work on that, though (I would be). I'm not sure if that will fix the subscriber-only condition, unless there's an easy way to cross-reference it with a list of subscribers.
Preacher wrote:Do you have one of those for every occasion, Phailhammer?
Geoff_B wrote:And lo, the plot to end the world was undone by a bandwidth exceeded notice.
FictionPress stories:
The Vitaris Insurrection, The Outbreak (The latter not written by me, but I am in it.)
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 13 Feb 2014, 18:11

If it was a mod-thing, then they'd have to ask in chat, and it's pretty obvious if they're a sub when they ask. But that'd mean the chat would get FLOODED... And I'm not sure that it'd be kind to the mods of the list.
Master Gunner

Postby Master Gunner » 13 Feb 2014, 18:31

I think you could make a Google Document form that automatically exports the results to a spreadsheet. You can give everybody read-only access to the spreadsheet, while letting the mods tick off who has being validated/used/etc, and people will still be able to modify their own submissions through the original form.

I've never actually created a GDoc form though, so I could be completely wrong on how they work. I'd throw together an example if I wasn't about to collapse from lack of sleep.

While it would be yet more work, you could add another command to LRRBot ("!xcam validate" or something) where the bot would see that the user has subscribed, match their twitch username against the spreadsheet entries, and tick off that they are really a subscriber. I've never worked with the GDoc API though, but I imagine it's more effort than it's worth.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
phlip
First Video: Eternal Sonata (Unskippable)

Postby phlip » 13 Feb 2014, 19:02

It looks like there is a way for LRRBot to check whether a user is a sub... I'll have to investigate further, not 100% how it all works, but the functionality does seem to exist.
While no one overhear you quickly tell me not cow cow.
but how about watch phone?

[he/him/his]
My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 14 Feb 2014, 08:41

Just watched the most recent episode...

Cam, are you OK? Seriously? The dispassionate way you're prepared just to pave after pave after pave is... worrying. To me at least.
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
Master Gunner

Postby Master Gunner » 14 Feb 2014, 09:44

...I don't think he's quite as invested in the game as you are.
My pseudonym is Ix

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 14 Feb 2014, 12:35

I don't mean that, it's more the way he seems to be getting so upset and annoyed at the game yet still carries on playing it for our enjoyment. Maybe I've just been a little brittle this week, but me in that situation.. would probably live up to the stream's title, in all honesty.
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
Master Gunner

Postby Master Gunner » 14 Feb 2014, 13:41

He enjoys playing it because of the extreme difficulty. He's streaming it for our enjoyment, but he's playing for his.
My pseudonym is Ix

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 14 Feb 2014, 15:33

Rationally I know he's enjoying it- he keeps saying he is. I'm just honestly wondering how, given how often he gets pissed at it.

Return to “LoadingReadyRun Streams”