Let's NOPE pre-voting

Discuss your favourite LRR streams!
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Re: Let's NOPE pre-voting

Postby Kapol » 13 May 2014, 15:27

Considering the original had the dong brothers, and chopping off fingers, and burning a guy alive, and other fun stuff... I doubt anyone assumed that. ;)

But yea, I'd vote 100x for Whistleblower as the next Let's Nope.
ReverseCreations
First Video: I forget, but DBVI brought me here

Postby ReverseCreations » 15 May 2014, 16:08

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =254647598 This just popped up as a newly greenlit game on Steam, the description sounds interesting, hopefully it succeeds at what it's promising.
terazeal
First Video: Twitter Abuse

Postby terazeal » 15 May 2014, 17:11

I can't believe I haven't thought to suggest this before, but the video game adaptation of I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream is like super the scariest. Highly recommended.
Hiramas
First Video: The Zero Punctuation Crossover

Postby Hiramas » 16 May 2014, 14:22

F.E.A.R. made me poop my pants back then but Dead Space is really good, too.
Lysander
First Video: Daily Drop: Eggs

Postby Lysander » 26 May 2014, 19:52

Obscure and Obscure 2 might be fun, if you haven't played them yet.
Wooglie
First Video: Desert Bus

Postby Wooglie » 27 May 2014, 07:10

This might be worth a go when it's out:
http://www.pcgamer.com/previews/the-evi ... nt-evil-4/
ritchards
First Video: The Job (first video on The Escapist)

Postby ritchards » 30 May 2014, 22:44

Just saw another LP of DreadOut, and the New Game plus mode of going around the town. Moar ghosts! Some neat ones too...
ch3m1kal
First Video: Unskippable

Postby ch3m1kal » 31 May 2014, 11:43

In case it was possible to miss it, seeing how it's all over the internet for the past couple of days and the usual assortment of Youtube imbeciles are screaming into their mics on facecam over it, I'd like to point towards Among the Sleep as a potential Let's Nope candidate.

Basically it's a first person horror game where you experience the nightmares of a 2 year old through his eyes and it looks pretty unique and interesting. Also there are no puzzles AFAIK.

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWDQN_X5b-M
ritchards

Postby ritchards » 03 Jun 2014, 03:17

Definitely have Among the Sleep on the list... although I have been suffering from bugs and can't complete the game!
jkefka
First Video: Does Desert Bus count? Feed dump if not

Postby jkefka » 04 Jun 2014, 11:56

I don't know if it qualifies as a "Let's Nope" or not, and I know I've recommended it in this forum at least once before, but Eternal Darkness is well worth playing. It's not really a "survival horror" game in the classic sense, more like a third-person action game with a Cthulu-inspired setting. There are a fair number of jump scares, but considering you're summoning ten-foot-tall three-headed zombies to crush your foes by the end of the game I don't think the game makes much pretense to you being underpowered...more that you have all the powers of your enemy, and your enemy is strong.
When the upkeep takes longer than the main phase, I know I've done my job well.
GDwarf

Postby GDwarf » 20 Jun 2014, 18:27

Might I suggest Knock-Knock? It's by Ice-Pick Lodge, who made The Void, Cargo: The Quest for Gravity, and Pathologic. Actually, The Void might not be a bad choice either.

It's...very weird, but also incredibly creepy. I can't get through more than a few minutes of it, to be honest. >>
May those who accept their fate find happiness; Those who defy it, glory!
overlordZ
First Video: Unskippable; X-blades

Postby overlordZ » 28 Jun 2014, 04:26

I don't know if this is exactly the right place, but I've seen "The Void" suggested and just wanted to give you some warning in case you do decide to check it out. "The Void" has lots of female nudity in it, and I don't know if that would get you in trouble with Twitch.

From what I can remember all of the "sisters" I met either had very skimpy outfits or were just completely nude. This culminated for me in one sister who more-or-less pole danced (naked) the entire time she was talking to you.
After I saw that I got fed up with all the fan service and quit playing, so I so that's all I can really say about it (which is kinda sad because there was some beautiful art direction in that game).

Looked this over before posting it and realized that this is my second post on this board and I'm talking about naked ghost ladies pole dancing. If I broke a rule I'm really sorry, I just wanted to let you know so that you didn't get in trouble. :(
Dominic Appleguard

Postby Dominic Appleguard » 28 Jun 2014, 09:44

IIRC twitch will allow nudity if it comes from an ESRB rated game.
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 28 Jun 2014, 11:21

Twitch will probably allow it, but I the question is if it'll be up to LRL standards. The question is whether they want an "adult" stream or not.

But given that they played Outlast with all the penises flopping around everywhere, they're probably fine with it.
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Macheya
First Video: The Dinner Party

Postby Macheya » 30 Jul 2014, 15:26

This is a little something I gave to Alex at LRRCon, since I'd started watching his Let's NOPE stream a bit before that.

!BAWK
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 31 Jul 2014, 07:54

You used my chicken emote! :D Love it!
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

poopintheairtonight
First Video: Checkpoint

Postby poopintheairtonight » 09 Aug 2014, 14:14

I wouldn't mind a Let's Nope in The Forest http://survivetheforest.com/, though it might be a good idea to wait until the game is worked on a bit.
Well, do you want an ethical solution or an effective one?
ch3m1kal

Postby ch3m1kal » 15 Aug 2014, 05:47

Any chance you guys could to P.T. for PS4 as a bonus feature for the next Let's Nope?

P.T. is not really a game, just a short playable teaser made by Kojima for new Silent Hill game. It's super short, but from what I've see of it actually incredibly well done and atmospheric.

Like Kojima was talking about how he tried to make it look more indie and low budget.
If this is his idea of low budget indie, the next Silent Hill is going to be mind-blowing, at least from a production values standpoint.
LadyRhian
First Video: "The Job

Postby LadyRhian » 15 Aug 2014, 08:09

May I suggest 7th Guest or 11th Hour- I gifted both to the LRR Steam account. :)
LadyRhian
First Video: "The Job

Postby LadyRhian » 19 Aug 2014, 23:08

I have heard good things about Ju-on: The Grudge: Rundown Factory and One Late Night.
Quatnum_Dot
First Video: I am not an American

Postby Quatnum_Dot » 20 Aug 2014, 17:01

I have been playing Five Nights at Freddy's a bit. It is pretty freaky. Maybe not long enough for a full stream, but it is worth a play.
GDwarf

Postby GDwarf » 20 Aug 2014, 21:52

Everything I've heard about Five Nights at Freddy's makes it sound ideal. It's inexpensive, not hugely long, and hella scary, by all accounts.
May those who accept their fate find happiness; Those who defy it, glory!
Kapol

Postby Kapol » 21 Aug 2014, 01:55

Having watched a Let's Play of it (and I really regret doing so), I'd say the biggest thing is Alex should defiantly play the demo of Freddy's first. It's gameplay isn't quite like other horror games (unless you count Night Trap :P). And I could easily see him just not enjoying it.
ritchards

Postby ritchards » 21 Aug 2014, 11:43

Yeah, I can see FNF being rather frustrating... or it could totally click with him!
Kapol

Postby Kapol » 21 Aug 2014, 16:49

ritchards wrote:Yeah, I can see FNF being rather frustrating... or it could totally click with him!

Given it's kind of puzzley in nature, I don't know if it'll be his type of game. I mean... really, it's more of a resource management/horror game than anything. Which I like that kind of gameplay. But I'm just not sure if it'll be Alex's type of game.

That said, I thought it was pretty creepy. I feel a lot of the horror from it comes from the kind of paranoia you get from playing it. Like... looking at it from the outside, it looks pretty goofy. I watched a gif of the fox charger running down the halls and sticking his head in and I honestly burst out laughing. But after watching a Let's Play of it, I have to say that I found it pretty jarring. It has really good sound design, and that helps a lot. Also, the visual design seems really well-done for the horror aspect.

Return to “LoadingReadyRun Streams”