Watch + Play

Discuss your favourite LRR streams!
mtvcdm
First Video: Pokeproblem

Re: Watch + Play

Postby mtvcdm » 16 Oct 2015, 21:43

I watched... the FMV intro for MegaRace prior to submitting the horror that is Lance Boyle to Graham.

I did not see any of MegaRace 2 beforehand; only the fact that it and the unseen third game existed, and that 1 and 2 were bundled for $6. So that one, in addition to inflicting it on all of you, I also inflicted on myself.

So you have that measure of revenge on me, at least.
SAJewers
First Video: Tuscon or Bust

Postby SAJewers » 17 Oct 2015, 07:35

If anyone wanted to see the rest of Pepsiman: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKHPxpNZ8_s

EDIT: also, believe it or not, there's wikipedia page for it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pepsiman_%28video_game%29
Jeezy
First Video: 4ps4s

Postby Jeezy » 18 Oct 2015, 13:51

Almost 20 years later and I still have it! 8)
Apologies for awful quality, but loved the stream.
phlip
First Video: Eternal Sonata (Unskippable)

Postby phlip » 18 Oct 2015, 22:02

Jeezy wrote:Apologies for awful quality

The photo isn't that good, either.

/joeks
While no one overhear you quickly tell me not cow cow.
but how about watch phone?

[he/him/his]
Jeezy

Postby Jeezy » 19 Oct 2015, 00:15

I quite liked it when I was ~9. I wanted to play racing games, but I didn't know of too many back in the mid 90s. Fatal Racing (Whiplash) was awesome, but there wasn't a lot else to play that was even remotely interesting that I knew of.
theknightofiron
First Video: phailhaus episode 1

Postby theknightofiron » 19 Oct 2015, 00:26

Megarace reminded me of a game i played on the 3do called Crash N Burn (no relation to the 2004 Crash N burn on xbox and ps2.)

i must have spent hours on that game. much better than Megarace though it came out the same year.
GNU - Bill Watt
GDwarf
First Video: Unskippable

Postby GDwarf » 19 Oct 2015, 07:11

I want to know how they got "Lance" for three games. I don't believe for a minute that they signed him for a three-game contract for a new IP by an unknown studio, which means he came back for 2 and 3 despite knowing first-hand how horrendous the writing was.

Horrible thought, do you suppose he wrote his own lines, and saw the games as a way to boost his image? That poor, poor, man.
May those who accept their fate find happiness; Those who defy it, glory!
MagisterMystax
First Video: The Innistrad hat draft on MTGO academy

Postby MagisterMystax » 19 Oct 2015, 07:43

I suspect the cutscenes were intentionally awful. At least, I got the impression Lance was supposed to be obnoxious and poorly dressed. The alternative, that they were all an accident, is frankly too horrifying to contemplate.
I stream video games every friday at 19:00 GMT, at http://www.twitch.tv/magistermystax
mtvcdm

Postby mtvcdm » 19 Oct 2015, 08:42

For the record, there are YouTube videos of the Lance cutscenes unencumbered by any actual gameplay.

MegaRace 1 cutscenes are compiled here.
MegaRace 2 cutscenes are compiled here. You will note that we barely dodged a cutscene with Multinamed Assistant just in a straight-up bikini, because that was coming up right after the second race we opted not to do. And the costumes just get worse and worse.
The unseen MegaRace 3 cutscenes are here, and while they aren't as long as the first two games, somehow Lance got even MORE unhinged.
Jeezy

Postby Jeezy » 19 Oct 2015, 09:27

MagisterMystax wrote:I suspect the cutscenes were intentionally awful. At least, I got the impression Lance was supposed to be obnoxious and poorly dressed. The alternative, that they were all an accident, is frankly too horrifying to contemplate.

Yeah that's what I assumed as well, to me it looked like what they were going for is some take on what future TV shows and fashion would be like. Much like the clothes that all future civilizations were given in the 70s was stupid, the 90s was no different in making future us look stupid. And you could argue that the belt-and-buckle-with-no-obvious-point laden clothes many future cultures have been given recently are equally stupid.

Aside from LB obviously being Satan in a slightly melted rubber human mask I thought the ideas were fine, although the execution was, well, you all saw it.
GDwarf

Postby GDwarf » 20 Oct 2015, 06:46

Oh, the cutscenes were trying to be cheesy, but they did it wrong. My question is more how, after the complete failure of game 1 to be even remotely amusing, they got *anyone* back to do game 2. Then again for 3.
May those who accept their fate find happiness; Those who defy it, glory!
Trippzen

Postby Trippzen » 20 Oct 2015, 07:47

Maybe everyone involved was more unhinged after the first game...and the second game.

I didn't think Lance could be more unhinged after the second game but then I watched a few seconds of the third that mtvcdm linked.

Did we end up watching the slow descent into madness of an entire development team?
Trippzen or Scy
Battle.net: Scy#1617
WoW: Scy (US-Proudmoore)
SAJewers

Postby SAJewers » 29 Oct 2015, 07:48

AxiomaticBadger
First Video: The Job

Postby AxiomaticBadger » 06 Nov 2015, 04:36

I'm so sorry. I couldn't stop myself.

Wait... That isn't Normal?
Mothra Fighter
First Video: Ways to Survive the Recession

Postby Mothra Fighter » 09 Nov 2015, 13:37

If that's the result of not stopping yourself, AxiomaticBadger, then I'm all in favor of you continuing to not stop yourself.

Wait, no. That's terrible advice.

What I mean is, you don't need to apologize. That was pretty funny.
Giuchie, giuchie, ya ya dada. - Abraham Lincoln, probably
SAJewers

Postby SAJewers » 13 Nov 2015, 14:42

mtvcdm

Postby mtvcdm » 06 Dec 2015, 22:56

May I just say: those of you who would go back to the VOD, get yourself to the 57-minute mark, and watch Graham introducing- merely introducing- Time Rammeside, Round 4. It got utterly lost in the shuffle.

It's time, Alex. It's time to go back. It's time to go back to Time Rames-s-side, A New Reckoning! Because they just pushed a massive update, Alex! A massive update! OHHHH NO! WHY! WHY DID THEY DO THIS! NOOOOOO!

Alex screaming like Alex during W+P is one thing. Graham screaming like Alex? Well, that doesn't happen every day.
SAJewers

Postby SAJewers » 26 Jan 2016, 10:35

FYI, SECTOR is now free on Steam, if anyone wants to play it.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/366960/
PMAvers
First Video: DB4

Postby PMAvers » 01 Apr 2016, 19:07

No wonder they built a space station completely out of kiosks, they were basically giving them away.

http://i.imgur.com/uRZtnYd.png

And it looks like a lot of the other stuff came out of those free Infinity Blade asset packs they put up. Including that boss fellow who showed up in multiple games.
phlip
First Video: Eternal Sonata (Unskippable)

Postby phlip » 02 Jun 2016, 04:37

Watching through today's W+P, the drug in that first game was "Hydroxide Oxydrine"?

From my googling, Oxydrine is a French brand-name cleaning agent. I can't find much info on what's in it, but from the name I imagine it's similar to OxiClean in the English-speaking world. That is, a strong oxidising agent, likely mostly hydrogen peroxide.

But apparently a cleaning agent that's a strong enough oxidant to strip paint isn't enough, so they throw in some extra hydroxide groups for extra oxidising power. And then inhale it. I'm sure that's a good idea.
While no one overhear you quickly tell me not cow cow.
but how about watch phone?

[he/him/his]
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 22 Jun 2016, 16:35

Just like the Let's Nope, we set up a Watch & Play Bingo sheet: http://bit.ly/WPbingo
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

mattsav01
First Video: fridaynights epksode 1

Postby mattsav01 » 29 Jun 2016, 23:09

hey just a simple question would you guys accept fan made games. I am just starting to program non text based games and have no doubt in my mind the first few/many would be bad. All i ask is that you give some constructive criticisms with the jokes as well.
abyssalCompiler
First Video: Doctors Hate Her

Postby abyssalCompiler » 30 Jun 2016, 12:08

~Shameless plug for my art/creative works blog~
http://abyssalcompiler.tumblr.com/

My twitter: https://twitter.com/abyssalcompiler
austriamann
First Video: gay chicken

Postby austriamann » 25 Jul 2016, 17:05

I'm trying to find the replay of X-17, the sequel to Time Ramesside. It doesn't seem to be on YouTube. Is there a reason for this? Is there somewhere else I can access it?
SAJewers

Postby SAJewers » 25 Jul 2016, 17:31

I believe it hasn't uploaded it to YT yet. Maybe try pinging Ian or Graham on twitter?

Return to “LoadingReadyRun Streams”