AFK

Discuss your favourite LRR streams!
protheanreaper
First Video: TapTapConcede

Re: AFK

Postby protheanreaper » 20 Feb 2016, 12:19

What about playing MtG: Arena of the Planeswalkers. Perhaps LRR might be able to preview each expansion as it is released. Also possibly play the game while in character,{Friday nights characters.} Would WOTC potentially contact you to promote Arena of the Planeswalkers like they did your magic: duels stream. Also its a very unique idea for mtg that does not really ever get mentioned online either.
Bergie
First Video: Man Cooking: Meatshroom

Postby Bergie » 25 Feb 2016, 22:23

As mentioned in the MA MAGfest panel you guys may play Nightmare/Atmosfear. I should point out that I have a copy of the first expansion with Baron Samadi though I think my wife would kill me if I got rid of it. If you are ever in Edmonton, though, I'd be glad to lend it to you for a bit ;-)
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 25 Feb 2016, 23:25

Was it a specific choice not to have the inventory of the first Hero Quest not carry over? I ask because, if the TPK is being hand-waved, it seems relevant for them to still get the gold for progression purposes. After all, it's basically the game's version of experience. And having them lose a level's worth of experience seems like it might end badly later. Plus, it'd mean getting an awesome crossbow.

It's not a big deal if that was just what was decided. I'm more curious if it was discussed or just taken as red to be lost. Also, for the sake of my own curiosity, I decided to do a quick rewatch and see what everyone would theoretically have at this point. I might have missed something though, in case of discrepancies.

Stab:
60 Gold (Treasure chest contents, second session)
Potion of Healing (Restores up to four BP, from treasure chest in second session)

Chunk:

108 gold (25 found looting rooms, 84 found in a treasure chest, 1 given to Phen as a 'tip,' all from first session)

Zapsworth:

Nothing. :(

Phen:

51 Gold (50 from finding Jewels, 1 from Chunk's 'tip')

Kreacor:

Also nothing

Group:

240 gold (Reward from second session)
Possibly the contents of the Gargoyle's Room?

Used:

3 Potions of Healing
Potion of Strength
Heroic Brew
theycallmejokke
First Video: Unskipperble: Lost Plant 2 - Part 1

Postby theycallmejokke » 05 Mar 2016, 12:58

The Alara all foil draft was just so so super sweet guys, the James vs. Cam battle had me in tears, I know it is horrible to say, but at least there pain brought joy to others, and that is not nothing.
Also Graham, about you off-camera victory, picture or it didn't happen. :P
"You have the right to remain silent. Mostly because I tire of your excuses."
Booster
First Video: Checkpoint- Episode 1

Postby Booster » 06 Mar 2016, 16:17

Just finished the replay of the AFK stream. Great time. Such a weird draft environment. Personal highlights include Graham and James simultaneously picking the O-ring, Serge's constant cheating (just kidding Serge...sort of <3), that scream from James in another room early on, and everyone secretly agreeing to lie about Graham's deck winning a match.

Looking forward to the announced announcement.
Kapol

Postby Kapol » 16 Apr 2016, 21:47

So, with the D^D stream we just got, I'm curious if it's going to be continued or not. Because it feels like we didn't get all of the information on what happened. Not sure if that was intended, or if it was just a time issue given how long it ran. But it left me curious. Like I had guesses and assumptions on how things went down. But I don't know if we're going to find out anything for sure.
Bergie

Postby Bergie » 16 Apr 2016, 23:36

Thank you very much for playing D&D! A great game for the format and a welcome change!
Garfman
First Video: Failure

Postby Garfman » 17 Apr 2016, 16:39

I would very much like to see more Etin. Rotating guest stars a la Lava Bears would be cool too.
theycallmejokke
First Video: Unskipperble: Lost Plant 2 - Part 1

Postby theycallmejokke » 18 Apr 2016, 02:10

Just wanted to throw my vote on to the "more Etin, please" pile, building up here. It was a wonderful AFK.
"You have the right to remain silent. Mostly because I tire of your excuses."
phlip
First Video: Eternal Sonata (Unskippable)

Postby phlip » 18 Apr 2016, 03:51

With Etin and Lava Bears being the only D&D... anything, that I've really experienced... it was definitely a good time, and I'm hopeful for seeing the adventures continue.

It's very interesting to see the differences in storytelling style between Cam and Jer. Not to say either is better, I don't even think that makes sense as a question... just different.
While no one overhear you quickly tell me not cow cow.
but how about watch phone?

[he/him/his]
romangoro
First Video: The Couch

Postby romangoro » 18 Apr 2016, 09:27

I enjoyed this stream a lot on it's own merits and, I must say, because I was getting a bit tired of Magic AFKs. A little criticism, maybe Cam should write a bit more box text, so he doesn't have to improvise all the descriptions, which got somewhat slow and confusing a few times.

Also: Can someone link to the art that was posted on chat during the stream? I watched it on the VOD and some of the links didn't whow up on the chat replay.
Bergie

Postby Bergie » 18 Apr 2016, 14:33

romangoro wrote:I enjoyed this stream a lot on it's own merits and, I must say, because I was getting a bit tired of Magic AFKs. A little criticism, maybe Cam should write a bit more box text, so he doesn't have to improvise all the descriptions, which got somewhat slow and confusing a few times.

Also: Can someone link to the art that was posted on chat during the stream? I watched it on the VOD and some of the links didn't whow up on the chat replay.

As a non-fan of MtG, I can agree 100% ;) :P To the rotating players comment, while that would be fun I do kind of want to see a coherent group play specific 'story arcs' as it is much easier to develop characters when you are playing with a constant group. Changing it up too much often leads to people "Playing character sheets" rather than playing characters.

To the box text, I'm conflicted. I have written many of adventures in my day, and aside from little bits to set up a scene (a paragraph to say where you are and what time of day it is kind of thing), I actually find box text takes me OUT of an adventure. It is super valuable in shared, Living Campaigns, but whenever I run a home game (rare) or even run one of the Living adventures I've written, I almost completely dispense with it and paraphrase it. That being said, I highly encourage Cam to write out the 'physics' of his universe (which I assume he has done to an extent) as it really helps me focus my Roleplay and descriptions when it comes to actually being in front of players.
Kapol

Postby Kapol » 30 Apr 2016, 20:48

I really enjoyed Tabletop Day as just kind of a 'variety show.' It was fun to see a bunch of different types of games being played. And both Cards and Secret Hitler were hilarious. Secret Hitler was very intense too. And I'm pretty sure it's put us all on quite a few lists. :p
ritchards
First Video: The Job (first video on The Escapist)

Postby ritchards » 01 May 2016, 01:53

I hope they get uploaded quick, as I had to miss all of it.
MagisterMystax
First Video: The Innistrad hat draft on MTGO academy

Postby MagisterMystax » 01 May 2016, 03:35

Secret Hitler was amazing. The way the game slowly escalates into very tense, and then explosive situations is fantastic. Definitely want to see more Secret Hitler on AFK.

And I was completely blindsided by Beej being a fascist.
I stream video games every friday at 19:00 GMT, at http://www.twitch.tv/magistermystax
OneirosGolem
First Video: Checkpoint - Blizzard of Cash

Postby OneirosGolem » 01 May 2016, 13:25

It may be a big ask, but can someone post a break-down of the Secret Hitler endgame? Especially the part with how many fascist / liberal policies were left in the deck & discard pile, and their distribution. I'm really confused on if Cameron was lying about the math or Ian was lying about what he turfed the round before or what.
Bergie

Postby Bergie » 01 May 2016, 13:33

Thanks for all the boardgames yesterday! My only critique is the highly inconsistent sound levels within each game. CaH is a good example with Julie being almost imperceptible even at the highest volume, and Alex melting my brain with volume even at the lower volumes. I'm sure it ultimately is a function of using the boom vs individual mikes, but it was very distracting while watching the show and had me constantly manning the volume control.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 01 May 2016, 14:00

OneirosGolem wrote:It may be a big ask, but can someone post a break-down of the Secret Hitler endgame? Especially the part with how many fascist / liberal policies were left in the deck & discard pile, and their distribution. I'm really confused on if Cameron was lying about the math or Ian was lying about what he turfed the round before or what.

I'm pretty sure that Ian, being a liberal, was telling the truth. Cam's math was also likely correct - but he was using it as a smokescreen and to shift suspicion on to Ian.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Kapol

Postby Kapol » 01 May 2016, 20:44

MagisterMystax wrote:Secret Hitler was amazing. The way the game slowly escalates into very tense, and then explosive situations is fantastic. Definitely want to see more Secret Hitler on AFK.

And I was completely blindsided by Beej being a fascist.

Personally, I'd called Beej being a fascist from the first moment. Mostly because it looked like he never seemed to open his eyes. As soon as the camera came back, he was staring forward. He did manage to make me question it a couple times. Even after I basically felt he confirmed it by voting with Cam with five people left. But after he killed Cori rather than the obvious fascist, I had 0 doubt he was the other one. But he played it brilliantly.

Also, I'm very glad they ended up playing it with the chat being blind as well as the players. It made for a much more interesting game, in my opinion.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 02 May 2016, 06:25

Yeah, I think Chat knowing who everyone was would make for a far less interesting experience.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
SohNata
First Video: Unskippable

Postby SohNata » 02 May 2016, 10:37

I dunno, personally I like to watch games like Secret Hitler/Werewolf/Mafia m knowing who the key players are. Maybe it could be alternated?
Bergie

Postby Bergie » 02 May 2016, 13:40

I will add another vote to the camp of not wanting to know. While I can appreciate the fact that having the roles stated clearly makes it easier to follow on the screen, I feel it removes all the drama of the game for me the watcher. I know I spent the time I watched them play Secret Hitler, I was spending half my time trying to figure it out (I also figured early Beej was a Fascist, but was waffling with the others).
unpronounceable
First Video: A Stitch in Time

Postby unpronounceable » 02 May 2016, 15:29

What about giving mods (or whoever) links to a pastebin that says what role each person has? People can then remain unspoiled, unless they opt in to spoil themselves. It necessitates that those that know don't spoil it for everyone else, accidentally or otherwise, though.
phlip
First Video: Eternal Sonata (Unskippable)

Postby phlip » 03 May 2016, 02:35

I just watched the VOD, and I'm glad I've finally seen a game of Secret Hitler in action, so I can confirm my initial impressions that it sounds like an absolutely miserable experience, up there on the list with Mafia of "games I absolutely cannot play if I want to remain friends with the other people at the table". I understand that other people seem to like Mafia as a game, but for the life of me I can't understand why.

If I wanted to be put in a situation where every minor thing I say gets obsessively misrepresented by people intent on proving me evil, where every sentence has to be very carefully constructed to not allow contextomy, where people will throw out completely baseless accusations, and no-one dares call them on it lest they be roped into the accusation as "attempting to defend the indefensible"... well, I'd go into politics, or argue with Gamergaters, or something. But, it turns out, I don't want that, so I don't do that, and I don't play Mafia any more either. And now I know not to play Secret Hitler too.

It's just not for me.
While no one overhear you quickly tell me not cow cow.
but how about watch phone?

[he/him/his]
Bergie

Postby Bergie » 03 May 2016, 06:22

I have had a similar experience with Two Rooms and a Boom when Shut Up and Sit Down did their 'let's play' of the game. Originally I was not sure about it, but then watching Quinns on that show play it, I was convinced that this game was NOT for me. It turns out it is just too easy to have one person be a dick about it and suck the joy out of an experience.

Return to “LoadingReadyRun Streams”