Super Moderator

18 Games and Counting

Postby Graham » 28 Jun 2016, 00:04

Discussion thread for 18 Games and Counting
SAJewers
First Video: Tuscon or Bust

Re: 18 Games and Counting

Postby SAJewers » 29 Jun 2016, 17:21

Question: Twitch apparently just added a Social Eating category. What happens if that somehow wins? Are you guys gonna actually eat food for 3 hours?
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 29 Jun 2016, 19:00

I think, if that happens, James owes them ice cream.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Gap Filler
First Video: The Job

Postby Gap Filler » 01 Jul 2016, 14:39

Mentioned this yesterday but I'd be up for seeing Paul and James flipping double or nothing on a Floyd's Mahoney live onstream.
"In the neighbourhood of infinity; it was the time of the giant moths..."
mtvcdm
First Video: Pokeproblem

Postby mtvcdm » 05 Jul 2016, 23:10

It seems that Twitch breaking Social Eating immediately might actually cause some minor issues down the road elsewhere at LRR, because Twitch had to lay down those rules mentioned in Checkpoint. Most relevant to us would be, you can't make someone eat something as a dare.

Which, if I'm interpreting that the way I think I am, would make any future Iron Stomach Challenge derivatives TOS violations now (e.g. no more Beej Eats The Whole Thing). You may want to go to Fugi and make sure you're familiar with what you can and can't do now.
Omega Lairon
First Video: Fun with Microwaves

Postby Omega Lairon » 06 Jul 2016, 01:02

Easy fix, just play a disclaimer and/or have Beej state that he enters into the eating challenges of his own free will, and with the understanding that he can stop at any time of his choosing with absolutely no repercussions.

ert+
y76p; 'Olu8jykee;u4p;e'/Rh
Strong ba15456`-------++++++gf
+++++-//==========/*8901ikg
My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 14 Jul 2016, 13:36

Speaking as someone who's not a football fan but has reasonable familiarity with it, that FIFA stream was hilarious for two reasons.

Firstly, your entertaining Canadian selves having fun with the game.

Secondly, the clearly-slightly-frustrated comments of RebelliousUno, who is apparently in a similar situation to me.
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
mtvcdm

Postby mtvcdm » 16 Jul 2016, 23:24

Nine weeks in and we haven't repeated a game yet. Despite the 18 slot being crowded around by a lot of the same pool of games every week, given that the cooldown rule only covers four weeks, that's pretty good.

But I know the anticipation of the first repeat is building. So because I was curious, I pulled up the Twitch directory while I was typing this to see where all of the previously-played games are at that moment (current cooldown list in bold):

#9- NBA 2K16
#15- Grand Theft Auto V
#19- Tom Clancy's The Division
#20- Heroes of the Storm
#21- Creative
#23- Rust
#36- ARMA III
#38- FIFA 16
#44- Path of Exile

The #18, in case you're curious, was Starcraft II. But I was more interested in how spread out the set of nine former #18's was- as it turns out, they were laid over a spread of 35 games... and most of the others could be considered part of the 'usual suspects' as well. Along with a smattering of non-usual suspects like Scrap Mechanic (#11), I Wanna Be The Boshy (#32), and Blackwake (#24).

It's a lot of the same games in consideration every week... but then again, that group is actually fairly sizable. We're going to hit a repeat sooner or later- look at the cluster of former 18's around the 18 spot itself- but there's certainly enough candidates over time that by the time you plowed through the whole list, there'd be some turnover among the group itself and the amount of variety actually put on the stream would be kept high.

So I don't think stagnation's going to be too big a worry for a good while, if anyone is worried about that.
mtvcdm

Postby mtvcdm » 29 Jul 2016, 11:23

Well, it seems now we're on a policy of one-and-done (with a possible exception for Creative). Which means now it's just a matter of keeping track of what's been played. In alphabetical order, and I guess I might as well just update this once a week as needed:

Age of Empires 2: HD Edition
ARK: Survival Evolved
ARMA III
Call of Duty: Black Ops III
Costume Quest 2
Creative
Dark Souls 3
FIFA 16
Gaming Talk Shows
Gears of War: Ultimate Edition
Grand Theft Auto V
Heroes of the Storm
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Minecraft
NBA 2K16
Path of Exile
Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire
Pokemon Sun/Moon
Resident Evil 5
Runescape
Rust
Smite
Starcraft II
Street Fighter V
Tom Clancy's The Division
Undertale
Last edited by mtvcdm on 12 Jan 2017, 13:27, edited 14 times in total.
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 12 Aug 2016, 18:34

Watching Pokémon was a ton of fun. I'd actually love to see a longer series akin to the Agatha Fisty playthrough. It's neat seeing people who don't know the pokermanz play through it.

Alternatively, wait until Sun/Moon come out and have Hodor and James play through some of it for Newday Tuesday or something. That'd be cool too. Maybe force a Nuzlock run.
NebulosDisconcertion
First Video: Pony Time

Postby NebulosDisconcertion » 06 Sep 2016, 20:34

Watching Hue today, it looked very much like a natural artistic and game mechanical evolution of Continuity, except that the two games appear to be completely unrelated? Very strange.
GlorySeer
First Video: The Job

Postby GlorySeer » 23 Jan 2017, 18:50

You know, one of the things that makes me sad about 18GAC is the fact that there are some really fun streams I want to see continued, yet I know likely won't be. I'm still sad that they never got any further with Turnip and her team in Pokémon. And I feel the same after the blast that was Undertale, I'd really love to see them finish it. Seeing a blind playthrough this late was nice. Watching James go from 'I don't really care about spoilers' to 'I'm not going to read chat because I'm invested now' was really cool as well.
scarbble
First Video: Desert Bus 2

Postby scarbble » 25 Feb 2017, 20:30

18GAC has been a super interesting idea for a stream. It's creeping up on my favorite. i especially liked the undertale stream, watching someone that hasn't played it yet is always a fun experience

Return to “LoadingReadyRun Streams”