Crapshots - Volume 3

Talk about our super quick, super silly video series, Crapshots!
User avatar
Phi
Posts: 248
Joined: 23 Sep 2012, 10:16
First Video: Impersonal Information
Location: Earth
Contact:

Re: Crapshots - Volume 3

Postby Phi » 30 Jul 2015, 02:05

Honestly, I'm surprised it took so long for a Bump in the Night crapshot.
It was worth the wait.
Paviel
Posts: 77
Joined: 03 May 2014, 13:56
First Video: Mustache You A Question

Re: Crapshots - Volume 3

Postby Paviel » 30 Jul 2015, 13:10

I assume you wrote on the OUTSIDE of that Liliana's card sleeve... right?
User avatar
WNivek
Posts: 77
Joined: 08 Aug 2008, 20:37
First Video: Desert Bus For Hope #1
Location: New Brunswick, NJ

Re: Crapshots - Volume 3

Postby WNivek » 30 Jul 2015, 13:45

Paviel wrote:I assume you wrote on the OUTSIDE of that Liliana's card sleeve... right?

There do exist further not-terrible ways to get that effect:
- Liliana could be a proxy.
- The card-back could be a proxy.
- There could be two cards in that sleeve.

For all we know, it could even be that LRR received that Liliana pre-defaced, as a non-standard addition to the Bump In The Night pool.
kimiyoribaka
Posts: 20
Joined: 10 Sep 2014, 17:44
First Video: Unskippable -- that sonic game

Re: Crapshots - Volume 3

Postby kimiyoribaka » 31 Jul 2015, 01:46

By heat wave, is that like higher than 30 degrees? If not I could see it being more comfortable with paul's outfit just because of the head-ware. Even in moderate weather I hate direct sunlight.
User avatar
The Martini
Posts: 153
Joined: 23 Apr 2015, 08:10
First Video: Installing Linux
Location: Vancouver. No, the other one.

Re: Crapshots - Volume 3

Postby The Martini » 31 Jul 2015, 07:30

kimiyoribaka wrote:By heat wave, is that like higher than 30 degrees? If not I could see it being more comfortable with paul's outfit just because of the head-ware. Even in moderate weather I hate direct sunlight.


Probably cooler because they're right on the coast, but it was over 100F/37C here in the pacific northwest yesterday. Ugh.
Gin. Vermouth. Olives.
User avatar
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
Posts: 8913
Joined: 29 Apr 2005, 22:53
First Video: Door to Door
Location: In England.

Re: Crapshots - Volume 3

Postby Lord Chrusher » 31 Jul 2015, 17:02

It was 30 today in Victoria and it was roughly as warm yesterday. It is hotter than usual but not record breaking.
Image
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
Image
User avatar
DewMan001
Posts: 49
Joined: 23 Feb 2010, 00:39
First Video: Unskippable episode 1
Location: Perth, WA

Re: Crapshots - Volume 3

Postby DewMan001 » 02 Aug 2015, 15:00

Lord Chrusher wrote:It was 30 today in Victoria and it was roughly as warm yesterday. It is hotter than usual but not record breaking.


Unusual and uncomfortable, would you say?

I feel like living in Australia has given me a sort of temperature privilege, in that I look at temperatures like 30 degrees and say "pfft, that's nothing." Then I actually remember what it's like at that temperature...
Tumblr (where stories live): http://dewman001.tumblr.com
Twitter (where thoughts live): http://twitter.com/dewman001
An album: http://bit.ly/19hnKaH
User avatar
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
Posts: 8913
Joined: 29 Apr 2005, 22:53
First Video: Door to Door
Location: In England.

Re: Crapshots - Volume 3

Postby Lord Chrusher » 02 Aug 2015, 19:42

I did not find it uncomfortable but then again I lived in Melbourne for four and a half years. It has been above thirty a few times this summer which has been warmer and drier than average.
Image
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
Image
User avatar
latch_box
Posts: 1
Joined: 14 Jul 2015, 18:29
First Video: Friday Nights - Untap

Re: Crapshots - Volume 3

Postby latch_box » 07 Aug 2015, 17:54

When I watched the last two Unboxing crapshots I kept expecting it to turn into the one where Beej has a Tyler Durden moment accompanied by dupstep.
User avatar
RedNightmare
Posts: 1236
Joined: 25 Nov 2011, 02:56
First Video: The Job
Location: Your deepest fears

Re: Crapshots - Volume 3

Postby RedNightmare » 08 Aug 2015, 23:59

OK, The Talk has made it abundantly clear Beej's expressions are amazing.
"I wouldn't call myself an evil genius. Simply genius will suffice."

http://www.twitch.tv/rednightmare7

Image
coolbond
Posts: 34
Joined: 07 Oct 2014, 23:03
First Video: cant remeber

Re: Crapshots - Volume 3

Postby coolbond » 09 Aug 2015, 01:23

.......what?
Havtorn
Posts: 39
Joined: 09 Dec 2013, 08:24
First Video: A "Things on my head" video

Re: Crapshots - Volume 3

Postby Havtorn » 10 Aug 2015, 02:18

Re: The Talk

I realize they just wanted to point a camera on Beej and let him do faces for a while, but, well... Something to consider for the future, maybe: I think the family-friendlyness of all of LRRs other sketches kinda took the edge off the end. LRR, streaming and feed dumps aside, don't really ever make crude sex jokes, so a non sequitur at the end is exactly what we expect. And since video is so long we're given ample time to come to that conclusion.

But maybe that's just me being too familiar with LRRs brand of humor. I'm the jaded Crapshot addict who needs uncut double fake-outs to feel a thing.
mikeyjh
Posts: 161
Joined: 18 Oct 2014, 15:06
First Video: Friday Nights
Location: Des Moines, IA (U.S.A.)

Re: Crapshots - Volume 3

Postby mikeyjh » 10 Aug 2015, 04:12

I actually found myself guessing as to which way they'd go with it.

Havtorn wrote:Re: The Talk

I realize they just wanted to point a camera on Beej and let him do faces for a while, but, well... Something to consider for the future, maybe: I think the family-friendlyness of all of LRRs other sketches kinda took the edge off the end. LRR, streaming and feed dumps aside, don't really ever make crude sex jokes, so a non sequitur at the end is exactly what we expect. And since video is so long we're given ample time to come to that conclusion.

But maybe that's just me being too familiar with LRRs brand of humor. I'm the jaded Crapshot addict who needs uncut double fake-outs to feel a thing.
User avatar
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
Posts: 8913
Joined: 29 Apr 2005, 22:53
First Video: Door to Door
Location: In England.

Re: Crapshots - Volume 3

Postby Lord Chrusher » 10 Aug 2015, 04:32

While uncommon, there have been LRR sketches with sexual humour. Sigma Theta Delta and Third Wheel Dating come to mind.

Also Digital Love and Is This a Date.
Image
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
Image
mikeyjh
Posts: 161
Joined: 18 Oct 2014, 15:06
First Video: Friday Nights
Location: Des Moines, IA (U.S.A.)

Re: Crapshots - Volume 3

Postby mikeyjh » 10 Aug 2015, 08:10

Third wheel dating was funny.

Lord Chrusher wrote:While uncommon, there have been LRR sketches with sexual humour. Sigma Theta Delta and Third Wheel Dating come to mind.

Also Digital Love and Is This a Date.
User avatar
The Martini
Posts: 153
Joined: 23 Apr 2015, 08:10
First Video: Installing Linux
Location: Vancouver. No, the other one.

Re: Crapshots - Volume 3

Postby The Martini » 10 Aug 2015, 10:08

mikeyjh wrote:Third wheel dating was funny.


Veering madly off topic, but "I just really want to see two boys making out" and Kathleen's character's deeply disturbing smile just murder me. One of my favorite sketches.
Gin. Vermouth. Olives.
User avatar
My pseudonym is Ix
Posts: 3835
Joined: 31 Dec 2012, 09:28
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend
Location: --. .-. . .- - / -... .-. .. - .- .. -.
Contact:

Re: Crapshots - Volume 3

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 10 Aug 2015, 10:50

I can't believe we've talked about this subject and not yet the greatest LRR sketch of all time: The Birds, The Bees and The Bears
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
Havtorn
Posts: 39
Joined: 09 Dec 2013, 08:24
First Video: A "Things on my head" video

Re: Crapshots - Volume 3

Postby Havtorn » 11 Aug 2015, 13:32

I'm not saying LRR can't be crude if they want to. But the punchline here sort of relied on me expecting them to be, which I don't think I will ever do outside of FD or streams. Which is part of why it worked so well in the first place in the sketches you all mentioned. When they are crude I never see it coming.
mikeyjh
Posts: 161
Joined: 18 Oct 2014, 15:06
First Video: Friday Nights
Location: Des Moines, IA (U.S.A.)

Re: Crapshots - Volume 3

Postby mikeyjh » 11 Aug 2015, 18:48

RE:#268 The supplement

That was a bit disturbing.
User avatar
the amativeness
Posts: 3735
Joined: 31 Jul 2008, 19:53
Location: America, where everyone sues everyone, always, for everything.

Re: Crapshots - Volume 3

Postby the amativeness » 11 Aug 2015, 19:12

mikeyjh wrote:RE:#268 The supplement

That was a bit disturbing.


What's the 8th face hole!?
zA: How do I relax?
Evil Jim: Jerk off.
Frozengale: You know you're on the internet when Masturbation is the first suggestion.
mikeyjh
Posts: 161
Joined: 18 Oct 2014, 15:06
First Video: Friday Nights
Location: Des Moines, IA (U.S.A.)

Re: Crapshots - Volume 3

Postby mikeyjh » 11 Aug 2015, 21:13

I don't think we want to know. I know I don't.

the amativeness wrote:What's the 8th face hole!?
User avatar
Wooglie
Posts: 139
Joined: 02 May 2013, 04:12
First Video: Desert Bus
Location: UK

Re: Crapshots - Volume 3

Postby Wooglie » 12 Aug 2015, 01:22

Google advertising at its cleverest:
Image
RadicalDreamer89
Posts: 5
Joined: 22 Apr 2015, 18:30
First Video: It's Magic!

Re: Crapshots - Volume 3

Postby RadicalDreamer89 » 12 Aug 2015, 14:51

What in the world according to Garp did I just watch? I need more of these!
User avatar
RedHelveticaCake
Posts: 43
Joined: 03 Jul 2015, 20:47
First Video: Feed Dump 146
Location: Toronto, floating 4' off the ground, next to a sink

Re: Crapshots - Volume 3

Postby RedHelveticaCake » 12 Aug 2015, 15:03

Hey, I was at the ConBravo panel where we wrote some of this! I hope the rest of the script gets made.

And people have somewhere around 7 or 8 face holes, right? 8 sounds close enough.
You can lead an idiot to knowledge, but you can't make them think.
User avatar
Zaz
Posts: 50
Joined: 26 Nov 2013, 00:13
First Video: Unskippable, Star Ocean

Re: Crapshots - Volume 3

Postby Zaz » 13 Aug 2015, 00:52

Is it just me, or does Dave's spokesman seem much happier now compared to back in the day, like in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uCdq5BpES4 ? : D

Return to “Crapshots”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests