Windy Berry Bum Licker

Graham
Super Moderator

Windy Berry Bum Licker

Postby Graham » 27 Feb 2015, 00:46

Adam Rehberg drank somewhere 50???70 beers while preparing today's game, Brewin' USA - a board game about craft brewing. Today we'll visit him in his home town of Minneapolis and industry experts will put his game to the test at GenCon.
ecocd
First Video: Desert Bus 2

Re: Windy Berry Bum Licker

Postby ecocd » 03 Mar 2015, 07:47

I will say that I'm pretty disappointed to see games that were in development for a month get such exposure. In a single play test, there's pretty basic feedback being given. I mean, I spent well over a year playtesting and balancing the Fantastic Adventures of Professor Pigglesworth just because it was fun with no possibility of commercial release.

To see something like Brewin' USA to freely get the resources of a talented artist like Maki and CAH graphics designers when it's basically a first draft disappoints me.

Then you have something like Bad Detectives which has clearly gone through some iterations, but has a ridiculously fatal flaw of having 400 cards. No one in their right mind would think that's commercially viable, let a lone a good idea.

I guess there's really no good way to cut down the field from the massive number of submissions without an enormous investment in time, but I'm getting to the point where I'm not really looking forward to future episodes.

It's a wonderful thing to want to help Indie game designers publish their first game, but the quality of the games is so uneven week-to-week that I'm losing interest. Do it right, or don't do it at all, you know?
ecocd - echo-see-dee (We apologize for the inconvenience)
Bergie
First Video: Man Cooking: Meatshroom

Re: Windy Berry Bum Licker

Postby Bergie » 03 Mar 2015, 14:59

I will also agree that I was doing a headtilt when hearing about some of these games. Even last season it seemed that the games were, if not more developed, at least saw more testing before they made it to the competition. It may just be the format of the show, but so far none of the games have really 'wow'd' me.

Return to “Tabletop Deathmatch”