Fight the Future 24 - The 5th Wave

Dan and Paul take an in-depth look at the worlds portrayed Young Adult dystopian fiction.
Paul
Super Moderator
First Video: Tetris

Fight the Future 24 - The 5th Wave

Postby Paul » 15 Feb 2016, 20:23

Earth is on the ropes after four waves of catastrophes caused by unseen aliens. While her high school crush is trained for combat, teen Cassie encounters a hunky half-alien in the woods. Will love be the splashiest wave of all? Dan and Paul get the unamerican ??perspective from their Swiss guest, Cecile!
Planes
First Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fW7PHa1S

Re: Fight the Future 24 - The 5th Wave

Postby Planes » 19 Feb 2016, 08:42

I thought this episode was pretty great, I love it when you guys have guest commentators on to add to the back and forth. Is there any chance of guests returning for future episodes? I really enjoyed what Cecile brought this time around.
Clypheous
First Video: Checkpoint Episode One

Postby Clypheous » 19 Feb 2016, 08:45

That was a super weird book/movie. Certainly those aliens plan was too much for the movie watchers to understand and that's why it was such a flop.

The world though would be interesting, but mostly from a "what would removing 99.9% of the population do to society" less about that being anything to do with aliens.
Daniel
First Video: The first one

Postby Daniel » 22 Feb 2016, 11:08

Thanks @Planes! Cecile loved being on the show, and I loved what she brought to it. She was super happy you said that!

@Clypheous did *anybody* understand the plan? I'm half of the opinion it's a "maze runner" situation: the author had a mood and a few setpieces in mind, but no idea where the fuck he was going with it.

Return to “Fight the Future”