Qwerpline Ep08 - Fourth Quarter

Talk about the most popular radio show on QWRP FM from scenic nsburg.
Graham
Super Moderator

Qwerpline Ep08 - Fourth Quarter

Postby Graham » 14 Dec 2015, 20:51

Sadie's in with the weather, Richter somehow takes to the skies, and Derek goes back to school.
Lurkon
First Video: Man Cooking: Meatshroom

Re: Qwerpline Ep08 - Fourth Quarter

Postby Lurkon » 15 Dec 2015, 00:09

Just want to point out that Derek foretold the coming of the third river, back in episode 3. Now, all this rain...
Do a Pivot Table!

"Cover me in lube and call me an athlete!" ~ Kathleen De Vere
hacofo
First Video: DB5 Stream

Postby hacofo » 15 Dec 2015, 01:24

The episode was great as always. :)

Provided me some much needed laughs this morning. Thanks :)
illbane
First Video: Desert Bus

Postby illbane » 15 Dec 2015, 04:37

These are, as always, unreasonably good.
MagisterMystax
First Video: The Innistrad hat draft on MTGO academy

Postby MagisterMystax » 15 Dec 2015, 04:48

Wow, Qwerpline and Nightvale on the same day! It must be radio-from-really-weird-places-mas.
I stream video games every friday at 19:00 GMT, at http://www.twitch.tv/magistermystax
The Martini
First Video: Installing Linux

Postby The Martini » 15 Dec 2015, 07:21

Hah! The Libertine Submarine Limousine ran into one of Granny Marge's Man-Free Barges. :D
Gin. Vermouth. Olives.
My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 15 Dec 2015, 10:10

I don't think I stopped giggling at any point during Richter's segment- fantastic as always
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
Bratmon
First Video: Ways to make money

Postby Bratmon » 15 Dec 2015, 11:42

Oh, hey! New Qwerpline!

"Good morning Nsberg, and welcome to Qwerpline! Big G-Money here with his honor the Aldersman A-Train!"

Nope. I am done.
Lurkon

Postby Lurkon » 15 Dec 2015, 13:46

Bratmon wrote:Oh, hey! New Qwerpline!

"Good morning Nsberg, and welcome to Qwerpline! Big G-Money here with his honor the Aldersman A-Train!"

Nope. I am done.

After Alex's speech last episode, I'd hoped this would happen.
Do a Pivot Table!

Aztren Skrimish
First Video: Paper Boy

Postby Aztren Skrimish » 15 Dec 2015, 16:50

I loved this new episode, especially the exchange between Lance and Derek. "Oh no! What’s this going to do to my credibility? Both street and otherwise." I had to stop the video because I laughed way to hard at that.

Oh, and since this is a audio-centric show, I wrote a transcript of the video here: http://tinyurl.com/zod3sa5 (its a google doc) for anyone who wants to show it to someone with a hearing impairment.
Paviel
First Video: Mustache You A Question

Postby Paviel » 28 Dec 2015, 14:28

Who is Gus? Is he the guy who announces the sponsors at the beginning and end of each Qwerpline?
Lurkon

Postby Lurkon » 28 Dec 2015, 15:47

Paviel wrote:Who is Gus? Is he the guy who announces the sponsors at the beginning and end of each Qwerpline?

At the end of Episode 6, we find out he's the engineer. He is in charge of the sound effects.
Do a Pivot Table!

Drendar
First Video: Friday nights

Postby Drendar » 11 Jan 2016, 20:38

A few questions if I may. I've noticed a number of small inconsistencies in these broadcasts. I'm not saying they are bad but I wonder why they exist. For example in the second episode it is nearly explicitly suggested that coach MCfeels is a guy whereas in the election episode the coach becomes Melissa MCfeels. Also why did you talk up Dale chez zel returning from Dakar then not include the character in the broadcast. Also I have been attempting to develop a map of NSburg but have found it quite difficult. Looking forward to episode 9
Antitonic
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Antitonic » 12 Jan 2016, 04:19

Maybe Coach McFeels did in fact get sacked by the request of one of the other citizens (whose name escapes me at the moment) to be replaced by a related or coincidentally-named Coach McFeels? That seems like it's a thing that could have happened.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 12 Jan 2016, 04:34

Is it not impossible that a pair of sports-people in a small town ended up together, resulting in Mr. and Mrs. Coach McFeels?
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Paviel

Postby Paviel » 12 Jan 2016, 09:18

It's been more than four weeks since this last Qwerpline, and I'm starting to worry that they might discontinue it altogether.

I'm sure it's been a busy holiday season... sorry, Fourth Quarter... but I wanted to voice my concerns.
MagisterMystax
First Video: The Innistrad hat draft on MTGO academy

Postby MagisterMystax » 12 Jan 2016, 09:43

Maybe coach McFeels is a man named Melissa? Or a trans-man who kept his birth name? Or she was ill and had her dad stand in for her in the second episode?
I stream video games every friday at 19:00 GMT, at http://www.twitch.tv/magistermystax
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 12 Jan 2016, 17:46

With the type of people around Nsburg, a man named Melissa sounds about right.
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Beej
First Video: Skeletor's Dick

Postby Beej » 14 Jan 2016, 11:27

Official answer: Coach McFeels is a woman. Chet Buntsman hadn't met the coach or seen the coach or knew anything about Coach McFeels; he just assumed McFeels was a man. And indeed, why would he? Chet's not exactly welcome at field hockey games. G-Money and A-Train don't know any better and take Chet at his word.

Non-official, behind-the-scenes explanation: When we recorded the election episode, we wanted to include more woman characters, in addition to trying to give voice to a few previous characters just for the fun of it. We thought Chet Buntsman would be fun to bring back, but he was also too similar to Happy Gunderson (not just because Ian voices both, but because they're both complainers), and we remembered Coach McFeels.

We couldn't remember whether we had explicitly gendered Coach McFeels and we wanted to keep moving while we had the energy up. One of us realized that Chet's an idiot and wouldn't actually *know* anything about McFeels anyway, which resulted in the above "official" explanation.

It also gave us a great way to bring Chet back with a one-liner.

Regarding the question: Is Coach Melissa McFeels cis or trans? I have no idea; I don't know if any of us have decided that yet. Only that which has been shared on the podcast is canon, and as I've shown, even that is subject to continuous revision. (also note I've said "I" and not "we" here. McFeels is not my character so I haven't spent time developing her.)

Thanks to everyone for keeping the wiki updated too. It's a huge help to us.
Beej

Postby Beej » 14 Jan 2016, 11:31

Paviel wrote:It's been more than four weeks since this last Qwerpline, and I'm starting to worry that they might discontinue it altogether.

I'm sure it's been a busy holiday season... sorry, Fourth Quarter... but I wanted to voice my concerns.

More is coming. We're trying to coordinate the schedules of five people to record more. I have a 9-5 M-F job that makes it hard to schedule during any other time other than the weekend, and Graham and I both got sick at alternating times. That ruins our voices and we can't record.

Also, I really really really want to keep QWERPline on the air. It's some of the most fun I've had creatively. I just only have so much free time in a week.
Beej

Postby Beej » 14 Jan 2016, 11:38

Drendar wrote:Also why did you talk up Dale chez zel returning from Dakar then not include the character in the broadcast.

We don't always include every news item from previous shows in the next broadcast. Time is intended to pass between each release - usually between one and two weeks. It's not always real-time.

Dale's segment was supposed to come "after the break", which is when we stop recording. We may never hear about Dale again or we may bring him on the show after another race. We don't know until we record.

Drendar wrote:Also I have been attempting to develop a map of NSburg but have found it quite difficult. Looking forward to episode 9

Operating as intended. :mrgreen:

Keep trying, though. I think each of us doing the show has a faint understanding of most of Nsburg's layout (thanks to the traffic reports and whatnot), but none of us have properly sketched a map. We're doing our best to keep it consistent as possible, though.
Paviel

Postby Paviel » 14 Jan 2016, 15:00

Thanks for the response, Beej. I understand that winter is a hard time for... pretty much everyone north of the Tropic of Cancer, and especially for our immune systems.

I am very pleased to know that you have such a great interest in keeping the show going, and I look forward to the next episode.
Drendar

Postby Drendar » 15 Jan 2016, 23:28

Thank you So much for the official answers beej!

Nsburg ring road is supposed to be a road ringing Nsburg but only a 25 degree arc has been completed?

The shaughnessy hwy is a north south, highway 3 is east west? How IS happy guntersons house literally in the middle of the road yet he has scenic desert behind him and nothing on either side of his house? A-train makes it sound like his house is physically in the middle of the freeway.

Also is there ANY way the DOGEMAN from desert bus Qwerpline can get incorporated into the Canon broadcasts as the local cryptid?
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 16 Jan 2016, 00:11

TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Drendar

Postby Drendar » 16 Jan 2016, 13:16

Master Gunner wrote:Gunterson's house IS in the middle of the freeway. Example: https://twistedsifter.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/highway-build-around-house-in-china-2.jpg

Gunderson specifically refers to having a back yard and a driveway. (and says there is nothing behind his house except scenic desert) It was built in the middle of the road. But they said during db9 that it was inspired by Carl's spite house from "Up" but that seems inconsistent with the presented story (Carl's house preempted development while happy's house came after)

Return to “Qwerpline”