Qwerpline Ep13 - March Marchness

Talk about the most popular radio show on QWRP FM from scenic nsburg.
Graham
Super Moderator

Qwerpline Ep13 - March Marchness

Postby Graham » 02 Apr 2016, 21:07

It's annual coverage of Nsburg's biggest event of the not-quite-spring, the March Marchness Parade-Off!
Drendar
First Video: Friday nights

Re: Qwerpline Ep13 - March Marchness

Postby Drendar » 03 Apr 2016, 02:58

That was great! Mad props to you guys, beej's non-rhyming everything ending in -ough, and for correctly knowing that the panzer IV was developed and manufactured primarily by Krupp steel works.

A-Train: nor should they be freezing the t-shirts so they grip the rifling!
Bratmon
First Video: Ways to make money

Postby Bratmon » 03 Apr 2016, 15:37

That was brilliant!

I loved the "I can only imagine what the airspeed must be" line.
Paviel
First Video: Mustache You A Question

Postby Paviel » 03 Apr 2016, 16:56

beej's non-rhyming everything ending in -ough

Yeah, that was surprisingly funny for not being a rhyme.

Although he did use both "borough" and "thorough", which do rhyme, as do "through" and "slough". I guess it doesn't matter, since in each case the two words are pretty far apart.
Defenestar
First Video: Feed Dump

Postby Defenestar » 03 Apr 2016, 23:47

Nsburg is a danger to itself and others. You people are insane and I am impressed.
Drendar

Postby Drendar » 05 Apr 2016, 09:24

Notes for this episode.

Gordon's last name is John (Captain Gordon John) as he is established as the ONLY member of the Volunteer Coast Guard.

The Santa seems like he's an escaped Nazi from the second world war (though he would be been in his early to mid 20s at the time)

Raymond COULD'VE been flying a Fiesler Fi-167, a biplane designed to fly so slowly it could dead-drop.
Beej
First Video: Skeletor's Dick

Postby Beej » 05 Apr 2016, 12:19

Drendar wrote:Notes for this episode.

Gordon's last name is John (Captain Gordon John) as he is established as the ONLY member of the Volunteer Coast Guard.

The Santa seems like he's an escaped Nazi from the second world war (though he would be been in his early to mid 20s at the time)

Raymond COULD'VE been flying a Fiesler Fi-167, a biplane designed to fly so slowly it could dead-drop.

These sound like *wonderful* additions for the QWERPLINE wiki. Especially the one about Raymond's plane, because I had no idea such a plane existed.
RytelCSF
First Video: Son of a Bitch

Postby RytelCSF » 05 Apr 2016, 14:08

I do wonder, if the winner of March Marchness is the first parade to enter the Shaughnessy Turnpike, then it's ostensibly a race, yet they all seem to be moving at the standard parade speed of "slow," so is this like a racewalking thing? Are there judges posted every few dozen yards and strict regulations regarding how parade-like your locomotion must be to still be considered maintaining a parade?

These are the things I think about late at night.
Drendar

Postby Drendar » 05 Apr 2016, 20:06

RytelCSF wrote:I do wonder, if the winner of March Marchness is the first parade to enter the Shaughnessy Turnpike, then it's ostensibly a race, yet they all seem to be moving at the standard parade speed of "slow," so is this like a racewalking thing? Are there judges posted every few dozen yards and strict regulations regarding how parade-like your locomotion must be to still be considered maintaining a parade?

These are the things I think about late at night.

I understand completely. But I feel this was covered, they were all doing it "legit" till the end when Raymond went whole ham and the taste of Nsburg float put the hammer down.

But congrats to the East Sump Acres Community for winning 2016 March Marchness!
Drendar

Postby Drendar » 05 Apr 2016, 20:14

Beej wrote:
Drendar wrote:Notes for this episode.

These sound like *wonderful* additions for the QWERPLINE wiki. Especially the one about Raymond's plane, because I had no idea such a plane existed.

Yeah. The Fi-167 was designed as a biplane torpedo bomber for use with the German aircraft carrier Graf Zeppelin. Neither truly materialized as the carrier was roughly 80% complete by wars end and only 12 Fi-167s were ever completed (2 prototypes and 10 pre-production models). This would make the aircraft exceedingly rare but, hey, the Nsburg High Rocket club can get their hands on "surplus" V2s so...
Paviel
First Video: Mustache You A Question

Postby Paviel » 06 Apr 2016, 01:20

Then, too, there was the Libertine Submarine Limousine, made from an old U-boat that they somehow got from... Sweden, wasn't it?
Drendar

Postby Drendar » 06 Apr 2016, 17:29

Paviel wrote:Then, too, there was the Libertine Submarine Limousine, made from an old U-boat that they somehow got from... Sweden, wasn't it?

A replica Scandinavian U-boat with "spinnas" welded to the sides. This is compared with the original description which was referred to as a "water-tight town car."

The inference I took from this was that it was either a Volvo or a Saab.

I've listened to the series... several times.
mikeyjh
First Video: Friday Nights

Postby mikeyjh » 11 Apr 2016, 17:42

The worst part is that they don't realize it. You should be scared.

Defenestar wrote:Nsburg is a danger to itself and others. You people are insane and I am impressed.
Drendar

Postby Drendar » 24 May 2016, 12:07

THUS JUST HIT ME. Is the reason Nsburg has a "fourth quarter Holliday season" because there hasn't been a Christmas since 1986?

Return to “Qwerpline”