House of the Dead

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.
Genghis Ares
First Video: ArmEGAddon

Re: House of the Dead

Postby Genghis Ares » 29 Oct 2009, 22:31

Monopoly is one that takes forever.
Cybren

Postby Cybren » 29 Oct 2009, 23:20

Tim wrote:
Fatty_bo_Batty wrote:Im surprised that any of you have played a full game of Risk

I have finished many games of Risk. The average game only takes three or four hours; that's not ridiculously long.

Indeed, though I have had quite a few games of Axis and Allies go to 5 or 6 in the morning. On that note i'm undefeated at A&A
CommanderKeen
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming

Postby CommanderKeen » 30 Oct 2009, 00:07

After giving it a couple of views. I'm kinda let down by it. Not that it was the worst LRR has produced, but it's certainly in the middle of the cloud. It captures a lot of the reality show camera positions, the host, the drama. But to me, it's missing something.

What would of put it over the top for me, was to cut to a commercial just before the final vote. Which was a lot of early reality shows were extremely guilty of, and American Idol still is.
Fatty_bo_Batty
First Video: Ways to abuse Shaolin
Location: Wouldn't you like to know? ...I dont wanna be molested.

Postby Fatty_bo_Batty » 30 Oct 2009, 00:13

I agree, and fake commercials are always hilarious
Ya know that scene in Robocop, where the guy melts? Her juices will do that to your junk.
ThrashJazzAssassin
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Postby ThrashJazzAssassin » 30 Oct 2009, 09:44

Tim wrote:
Fatty_bo_Batty wrote:Im surprised that any of you have played a full game of Risk

I have finished many games of Risk. The average game only takes three or four hours; that's not ridiculously long.

You're clearly using the modern version of the game, which has loads of rule alterations to make it shorter and easier, and is for nancy boys. We have an old Risk set with the proper rules: you can only win by achieving total world domination.

Games can be over in a few hours... or a few days. It's actually a lot more fun than the new version of Risk though, because the rule changes about other things, like the number of troops the cards allow you, have made it impossible to change the course of the game so dramatically.
Tim
proudfoot
First Video: Something funny.

Postby Tim » 30 Oct 2009, 15:35

ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:
Tim wrote:

You're clearly using the modern version of the game, which has loads of rule alterations to make it shorter and easier, and is for nancy boys. We have an old Risk set with the proper rules: you can only win by achieving total world domination.

Games can be over in a few hours... or a few days. It's actually a lot more fun than the new version of Risk though, because the rule changes about other things, like the number of troops the cards allow you, have made it impossible to change the course of the game so dramatically.

What do you take me for? Why would anyone ever play a game of Risk where you can win by doing anything other than achieving total world domination?

And I haven't seen any differences between the original Risk rules and "new" Risk rules for armies you get from continents or sets. I prefer to play with a hard-cap of about 20 armies for handing in a set, though, rather than letting it go all the way up to 60 or whatever. Otherwise it just becomes a matter of who gets sets when that decides who wins near the end.
Special People: Superhero-with-a-twist web fiction, updating twice weekly.
Losing Freight: A sci-fi serial where readers vote on daily polls to shape the future of the story!
Cybren

Postby Cybren » 30 Oct 2009, 18:15

Risks rules have changed frequently but never that majorly. That said secret mission risk is not that big a deal since no one actually uses it.

Generally risk games end when one side achieves enough dominance everyone else agrees it's over. Even if you play it out it doesn't take that long
ThrashJazzAssassin

Postby ThrashJazzAssassin » 31 Oct 2009, 06:43

I apologise, Tim. Clearly, you play Risk more often than we do, are better at it, and thus can get a game finished quickly: in my family, playing with the proper rules, we generally start during an afternoon, break off during the evening and go back to it the next day, so I don't really know how long we take actually playing. And when my friends play they always insist on Secret Mission Risk (which wasn't even invented when our Risk set was made, thankfully) despite the fact that the mission cards are so varied that some people never even have a chance of winning.... :mad:

But rules definitely have changed a lot: in my friend's very recent version of the game, you can only get 4, 6, 8 or 10 troops from a card set, for three soldiers, three horses, three cannon or one of each respectively, whereas in proper Risk the amount keeps increasing. You can also only move troops into an adjacent territory to end your move, instead of being able to shift them through as many of your own territories as you like.

Both of these changes suck. A lot.
Nevrmore
Supreme Testicle Manager

Postby Nevrmore » 31 Oct 2009, 08:14

CommanderKeen wrote:After giving it a couple of views. I'm kinda let down by it. Not that it was the worst LRR has produced, but it's certainly in the middle of the cloud. It captures a lot of the reality show camera positions, the host, the drama. But to me, it's missing something.

What would of put it over the top for me, was to cut to a commercial just before the final vote. Which was a lot of early reality shows were extremely guilty of, and American Idol still is.

This is one of LRR's longer videos not counting Commodore Hustle. A fake commercial just to sate a few people's needs for a more immersive experience would be pushing it.
warlock257

Postby warlock257 » 02 Nov 2009, 09:47

I like that the zombie can write well enough to vote off another guy.
Very funny!
:o
Tim
proudfoot
First Video: Something funny.

Postby Tim » 02 Nov 2009, 10:15

warlock257 wrote:I like that the zombie can write well enough to vote off another guy.
Very funny!
:o

To be fair, the zombie actually wrote "Brain" rather than "Brian", and it makes sense that zombies would be able to write the word "Brain", if nothing else.
Special People: Superhero-with-a-twist web fiction, updating twice weekly.
Losing Freight: A sci-fi serial where readers vote on daily polls to shape the future of the story!
roronoa_zolo

Postby roronoa_zolo » 03 Nov 2009, 00:37

I had to do a double take to notice the brain vote, that was my favourate part. Matt was a great stoner, so over the top
Jack
First Video: The Joystique or Unskippable

Postby Jack » 03 Nov 2009, 20:39

I think this was my favorite part of the video.

What are you looking at.
ThrashJazzAssassin

Postby ThrashJazzAssassin » 04 Nov 2009, 04:02

ZOMG, that's an awesome screenshot!
Theremin
First Video: A girl must have some secrets.

Postby Theremin » 04 Nov 2009, 12:17

Bravo Jack!
meisbored
First Video: Daylight Savings

Postby meisbored » 05 Nov 2009, 12:20

I wanna see the behind the scenes pics
<.<
>.>
Machalllewis
First Video: Ways to Stay Awake

Postby Machalllewis » 06 Nov 2009, 02:26

meisbored wrote:I wanna see the behind the scenes pics

Ditto!
Nothing to see here.
Chchucks

Postby Chchucks » 30 Nov 2009, 14:00

Why isn't this video and the two after it on the iTunes feed?
I'm a shining bacon of hope in a sea of this pear.

Return to “LRR Video Discussion”