Tucson or Bust

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.
Whitmore
First Video: Fun with Microwaves

Re: Tucson or Bust

Postby Whitmore » 03 Dec 2009, 22:45

Yaxley wrote:P.S. Big-Head Caramelldansen Catgirl Kathleen and the Loading Ready Runners is the name of my Andrew Cownden cover band.

That was one of the most hilarious things ive ever read on the net.
The answer to everything is always tubes.
TheRocketSiobhan wrote:You:"He's the kind that completes me.. he is a best friend for life... that's what kind he is"
Hottie:"OMFG UR SEW IN TOUCH WITH FEELINGS. I WANT UR PENIS IN ME NOW"
SweetSilverBird
First Video: Fun with Microwaves

Postby SweetSilverBird » 03 Dec 2009, 22:50

I loved the video! Makes me miss Desert Bus 3 even more though. I was so addicted!
RainbowToeSocks

Postby RainbowToeSocks » 03 Dec 2009, 22:56

Awesome video!

Nice to have more Andy. Was nice seeing all the Desert bus 3 clips
Polycyclohexylene Dimethylene Terephthalate
IronRingRoad
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby IronRingRoad » 03 Dec 2009, 23:09

Pigmy Wurm wrote:I would assume it was from Andy since it says "Writing & Music: Andrew Cownden". We know he can play piano and I would not be all that surprised if he could play the harmonica. Frankly I wouldn't be that surprised if he could play an accordion with his feet.

Andy is awesome at playing harmonica. I happened to be in the same high school grad class as Andy. Our grad song was Tom Cochrane's "Life Is a Highway" and when it came to the harmonica solo, Andy was simply perfect!

This video is just full of win. Combined with Andy's harmonicing (yes, I just verbed that), we're talking high-test, weapons-grade, illegal-in-27-countries win.
Lavos
Lavos
First Video: 1337

Postby Lavos » 03 Dec 2009, 23:23

I ROFL'D AT EVERY BILL JOKE
i dont know what's happening anymore
Tally
First Video: 1337 rap

Postby Tally » 03 Dec 2009, 23:26

octopimpostor wrote:Keep up the great work guys... and girls.... but most of all thanks Rosco... where was he btw?

Ah yes. You see, Rosco is a very busy duck, and sadly not always able to lend us his awesomeness. There are sick children to visit, cookies to bake, old women to help across the street, catgirls to rescue from trees... well maybe not that last one. And of course there's all the planning for future Loading Ready Awesomeness, which is naturally up to Rosco.

(Ok, so that was another fail. But Rosco was doing other great things, I promise!)
Lavos
Lavos
First Video: 1337

Postby Lavos » 03 Dec 2009, 23:36

s0ss wrote:
Graham wrote:
The Laughing Man wrote:Wow, even in your video you couldn't help but suck off octopimp.

Or rather, we can't help but make reference to him because he turned into a pretty big meme of the event, and as such should be included in the references.

He also donated nearly $10,000 himself and is a cool guy, so what's the problem?

Above all else the guy seems pretty cool. What's with the hate? Haters to the left, to the left.

DO YOU GUYS FAIL TO SEE THE JOKE ROFL
'SUCK OFF' OCTOPIMP
HES A OCTOPUS WITH THE SUCTION AND THE WHATNOT
i dont know what's happening anymore
Roguey
First Video: Rejected WiiPlay Games

Postby Roguey » 03 Dec 2009, 23:41

Pure Awesome!

Love the octopimp reference, and wow, Andy has a good looking family

Now off to watch it again!
unknown gamer
First Video: Ways to Stay Awake

Postby unknown gamer » 03 Dec 2009, 23:43

Sweet song and it sums up Desert bus so well.
MrDys

Postby MrDys » 03 Dec 2009, 23:46

So...did LRR invest in a neon green turtleneck for this video? That somehow fit everyone?

The mental image of turtleneck swapping is really hilarious to me...
Tally
First Video: 1337 rap

Postby Tally » 03 Dec 2009, 23:48

MrDys wrote:So...did LRR invest in a neon green turtleneck for this video? That somehow fit everyone?

The mental image of turtleneck swapping is really hilarious to me...

Green body paint. It's ever so useful.
White Flame

Postby White Flame » 03 Dec 2009, 23:50

That was technically incredible, and density of awesome writing and references incredible. Serious props for this one!
AnanziP1
First Video: Time is Money

Postby AnanziP1 » 03 Dec 2009, 23:54

This video is so far beyond epic that epic just curled itself into a ball and is sitting in the corner crying, I hope you're proud of yourselves.

Well done! Words cannot describe. Well worth the wait.

edit: just spotted the Kroze and the Ham Banners poster on another viewing and burst out laughing
Last edited by AnanziP1 on 03 Dec 2009, 23:57, edited 1 time in total.
"Realistic goals are for people with no imagination." - Kathleen
The Laughing Man
First Video: rapidfire

Postby The Laughing Man » 03 Dec 2009, 23:54

Graham wrote:
The Laughing Man wrote:Wow, even in your video you couldn't help but suck off octopimp.

Or rather, we can't help but make reference to him because he turned into a pretty big meme of the event, and as such should be included in the references.

He also donated nearly $10,000 himself and is a cool guy, so what's the problem?

I have no problem with the guy himself. I think it's cool that he donated so much. What I can't stand is how everyone keeps worshipping him like a god because he did. It drove me nuts that I couldn't watch desert bus without hearing about how awesome he is. It's like everyone one is sitting around with their mouths open just waiting for him.
I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes.
Dempsas
First Video: ss

Postby Dempsas » 04 Dec 2009, 00:05

That was epic so worth the wait. :) How do you do it Guys i think Victoria must lay on a seem of pure epic win that the team absorbs and use to create epic awsome every week for us. LOL now one can not stop smiling. >< a pain I missed quite a bit of DB this year. :( was flying to Finland.
CtMolloy

Postby CtMolloy » 04 Dec 2009, 00:35

The Laughing Man wrote:
I have no problem with the guy himself. I think it's cool that he donated so much. What I can't stand is how everyone keeps worshipping him like a god because he did. It drove me nuts that I couldn't watch desert bus without hearing about how awesome he is. It's like everyone one is sitting around with their mouths open just waiting for him.

What you should do is cry about it.
The Laughing Man

Postby The Laughing Man » 04 Dec 2009, 00:38

CtMolloy wrote:What you should do is cry about it.

Wow. A personal attack. Do you feel like a big kid now that you've insulted someone over the internet?
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 04 Dec 2009, 00:51

The Laughing Man wrote:I have no problem with the guy himself. I think it's cool that he donated so much. What I can't stand is how everyone keeps worshipping him like a god because he did. It drove me nuts that I couldn't watch desert bus without hearing about how awesome he is. It's like everyone one is sitting around with their mouths open just waiting for him.
I think you're being a little overly affected by it. After his initial appearance, he became a meme, and while you're within your right to find that meme annoying, it was still prevalent enough that it deserved a reference in the video.
teambates
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming

Postby teambates » 04 Dec 2009, 00:55

The Laughing Man wrote:
Graham wrote:

Does it need to make sense when anyone is idolized on the internet? There are a bunch of people on this forum who make funny videos who we all idolize in a way. We idolize people who have moderating power in chatrooms. We idolize people who are neither of those things but seem to be well known and liked by everyone and carry the influence of that status.

This is a guy who donated somewhere around 10,000 for the children and, to boot, is a pretty interesting guy and creates some excellent costumes. I think he's earned internet celebrity, and for sure people who don't deserve it have got it for less.

If you feel that that notoriety is better placed somewhere else, feel free to do something amazing that we will all like you for. Sniping a decent guy who has legitimately gone out of his way to do good works is not one of those things.
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 04 Dec 2009, 01:01

Brilliant, It's either this or Secret of the Sauce for the next VISFF. I loved the "grab my Penn and Teller" line. Nice work guys, well worth the wait.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
teambates

Postby teambates » 04 Dec 2009, 01:08

Elomin Sha wrote:Brilliant, It's either this or Secret of the Sauce for the next VISFF. I loved the "grab my Penn and Teller" line. Nice work guys, well worth the wait.

I love this video, but Secret of the Sauce would kick ass in that competition like a two-way mirror. It's, uh, a window, you don't have to be inside to see through it.

*consults Gritty Metaphors for Beginners*
CtMolloy

Postby CtMolloy » 04 Dec 2009, 01:12

The Laughing Man wrote:
CtMolloy wrote:What you should do is cry about it.

Wow. A personal attack. Do you feel like a big kid now that you've insulted someone over the internet?

Yes. You better watch out, or I'll unleash more scathing personal attacks upon you!

Also: Am I the only one who has the chorus part stuck in their head?
*shakes fist at Andy*
otterbaub
First Video: Escapist News Network: Pictodicks

Postby otterbaub » 04 Dec 2009, 01:25

i would denounce my Americanism to be Candain for this video alone. awesome on so many levels. Are you guys willing to let ex-pats in to the grp after a tough and rigorous audition process
The Laughing Man

Postby The Laughing Man » 04 Dec 2009, 01:35

Graham wrote:I think you're being a little overly affected by it. After his initial appearance, he became a meme, and while you're within your right to find that meme annoying, it was still prevalent enough that it deserved a reference in the video.

You're right. I apologize.
iwashere33

Postby iwashere33 » 04 Dec 2009, 01:50

this clearly is what it's all about.

singing, it's all about singing.
Ian McKellen, now!

Return to “LRR Video Discussion”